Time to Re-Set the Alarm

by Meghann on January 2, 2011

Ouch. That’s painful.

I have to be up again in 9 hours and 16 minutes? Not cool.

At least I was able to take full advantage of my last free day by doing absolutely nothing. Well, there was the quick trip to the grocery store, but that’s it. Otherwise I promise I was a complete couch potato. πŸ˜‰

When lunch time rolled around we were in the middle of Publix and the idea of a Publix sub was very appealing. However, the idea of building my own sub sounded even more appealing (and economical).

I grabbed a roll from the bakery and stuffed it full of hummus, cheese, cucumber, snap peas, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, and honey mustard when I got home.

The snap peas and honey mustard dressing were a nice touch. The best part about building your own sub at home is selecting things you wouldn’t normally find at a deli sub bar (like the snap peas and honey mustard πŸ˜‰ ). Next time you build a sub, add snap peas – they add a nice sweet crunch to each bite.

On the side I had some random pretzels from my cabinet. Usually, I’m not a fan, but they sounded right today for some reason.

Derek and I split a cookie for dessert.

I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but it took me over 2 hours to build my 2011 calendar using iPhoto this afternoon.

Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 8.59.28 PM.png

My Mom and Derek’s calendars were easy! My Mom’s contained nothing but family photos and Derek’s was just the two of us. But, for mine – I had everything! I went through all of my 2011 photos, narrowed it down to 500 and then filtered even further from there.

Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 9.02.48 PM.png

I LOVE building calendars in iPhoto! It’s so easy and they always look so professional when they’re printed! I can’t wait for mine to arrive. It won’t feel quite like 2011 until it’s here and hanging on the wall. πŸ™‚

I had an apple while working on the calendar.

Derek is in town one last night and requested pizza for dinner.

Mmmm… πŸ™‚

We started with some Publix bakery crust (which was being a pain in the butt tonight for some reason).

Sauce

Toppings

Mushrooms, Radishes, Asparagus, Chicken Sausage, Garlic, Kale, Blue Cheese, and Cheddar

Bam! Pizza!

I had a quarter of the pizza

And a little arugula salad with raisins and sunflower seeds on the side.

A small serving of Eggnog ice Cream with strawberries for dessert

IMG_3525.jpg

I feel like 2011 REALLY starts tomorrow. Back to work and back to life!

Let the fun begin! πŸ™‚

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I know the feeling girl! I’m going to have to start setting my alarm early again too!

Have a wonderful evening and a good day back at work!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

2 Cate January 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I’m going back to work tomorrow after 2 whole weeks off. Ouch!
Love the snap peas on the sandwich!
Cate recently posted..Rainbow Chard Smoothie

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 2, 2011 at 9:35 pm

My new phone has that function where it tells you how long until the alarm goes off. Nothing more depressing than seeing you only have five hours to sleep!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

4 Ali @ Ali on the Run January 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm

What have I been missing out on by not knowing you could design calendars using iPhoto?! I have my project for this week! Thanks for sharing.

5 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. January 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I go back on Tuesday. I’m so grateful for that one extra day, but Tuesday will be rough!

6 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Seriously LOVE the calendar! Such a cute idea!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..2010

7 Cate January 2, 2011 at 9:39 pm

The iPhoto calendar is such a neat idea. I have seen the button in iPhoto, but never thought to make one. I might just have to now! πŸ˜‰
Cate recently posted..WDW Half Marathon Training – Week Twelve- Christmas Fun with the Family

8 Danielle January 2, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I feel your pain with the alarm. I’m definitely not looking forward to 5am after two weeks of sleeping in!

I had no idea that you can make calendars in iphoto! I’ve spent the better part of the day making mine on shutterfly.com because of the buy one get one groupon that I purchased before Christmas. I may have to do it through iphoto next year!

Have a great day tomorrow πŸ™‚

9 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) January 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I need to try some of the seasonal ice cream flavors. Eggnog sounds great! It’s going to be hard going back to a 5-day workweek. We’ve had short weeks since before Thanksgiving.
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Man’s Best Friend

10 Dori January 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I love when you make pizza!
Dori recently posted..2010 DSB Year in Review

11 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 2, 2011 at 9:50 pm

I still have a week and a half until class starts! I need to enjoy it πŸ˜‰
Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner recently posted..Mission Foiled

12 Avery January 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Ahhh. I want a Mac JUST so I can make one of those calenders. I mean.. PC’s can do it.. it’s just not nearly as cool.

13 Ellie January 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I’m with you- just reset my alarmclock- barf
At least I just started my blog which should be fun
Ellie recently posted..Back from vaca

14 Ezzie January 2, 2011 at 10:01 pm

That pizza looks delish! Fortunatly school starts in a week for me, but I’m still not ready to go back πŸ˜› I’m also so NOT looking forward to waking up early tomorrow for my doctors appointment. Eeek.

15 jessica January 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Hi Meghann, do you mind my asking how much the calendar costs to be printed? Thanks!

16 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 9:05 am

I think with tax & shipping it comes to $27 total

17 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations January 2, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I understand the pain of resetting the alarm. I’ve been off for two weeks and now must go back to work tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’ll remember how to get there…

18 Melissa January 2, 2011 at 10:27 pm

LOVE the calendars! That is such a great idea and it looks so cute!

And mmm your pizza looks yummy. You got me in the mood for pizza, but every time I try and make my own pizza the middle turns out soggy!! …maybe I’ll try again tmrw night!
Melissa recently posted..New Year- New Blog

19 Allison @ PickyEatingRD January 2, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I love do it yourself pizza! I never thought to add chicken sausage such a good idea. Tomorrow resumes normal life you are sooo right about that!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..New Year New Start

20 Amy January 2, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I really need to check out the calendar idea! And, totally random but I noticed you SET your ALARM for 6:45 AM on Sat. and Sun.? Whyyyyyy!!! lol lol

21 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 9:06 am

It wasn’t set! πŸ™‚

I had it set that way for marathon training, but I haven’t used that alarm setting for a while. I usually wake up naturally at 7:00 anyways πŸ™‚

22 Allie January 2, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I am totally with you on the calendar. I made one with Snapfish earlier in December and have been patiently waiting to get to use it. I was so excited to fill it up with January events today and hang it on the wall!

23 Elizabeth@The Sweet Life January 2, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I fortunately have tomorrow off but return to the real world tomorrow. Hope it’s not too painful for you–and Friday will be here before you know it! Plus, you seem to be so good about fitting in fun activities, vacation or not, so hope you have a good week!
Elizabeth@The Sweet Life recently posted..Love this dress!

24 Sana January 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I lovey honey mustard in subs! It makes everything taste amazinggg!
Sana recently posted..Family First

25 Amy (adore today) January 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Love the calendar! Eggnog and strawberries- interesting combination. How was it?
Amy (adore today) recently posted..2011-Claiming the Tributaries

26 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 9:06 am

Delicious. πŸ™‚

27 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 2, 2011 at 11:19 pm

I love that you built a calender in iphoto. I didnt even know that feature existed…whoops πŸ™‚

And being up in 9 hrs…the worst is when I know i have to be up in 5 or 6. Which is usually every day. whoops πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Target Essentials – What are Yours

28 Christin@purplebirdblog January 2, 2011 at 11:23 pm

I love the homemade calendars! My boyfriend’s aunt makes one for all the family members and it’s awesome! I would love to build my own πŸ™‚

And that is a pizza like WHOA!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Date Night- Some Soup- and a Potholder

29 marie [would] January 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm

ugh no! you reminded me of the alarms! and one of new year resolutions is to wake up on the first alarm and i am scared of tomorrow :s btw, it looks like you had good eats today!

30 Ashley January 2, 2011 at 11:50 pm

The calendar is so cute! Every year my mom buys me one for Christmas, but this year she did not. I guess I’ll just have to make one myself πŸ˜‰ Even as a vegan I can appreciate the yummy magnificence that that pizza represents.
Ashley recently posted..Scandalous- Black Swan

31 Laura (Starloz) January 3, 2011 at 12:01 am

i just ordered my iphoto calendar, thanks for the idea meghann!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Photo a day

32 kathleen January 3, 2011 at 12:01 am

what a cute calendar!
kathleen recently posted..First postpartum workout

33 Michelle January 3, 2011 at 12:10 am

4:45 in the morning!! Did I read that right?! You are amazing…I thought my 6am alarm was impressive.

34 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

It’s 5:30. The 4:45 is an old alarm setting.

35 Lish January 3, 2011 at 12:14 am

Pretty jealous of your strawberries right now. I check out the selection at two stores this weekend and both were pitiful looking.

I just made two calendars for the first time ever and I’m pretty excited to see the printed results!

36 Rachel@ The Skinny Southern Belle January 3, 2011 at 12:23 am

It’s 11:21 in Houston and I am STARVING! All that yummy food, especially the sub looks AMAZING!
Rachel@ The Skinny Southern Belle recently posted..Running straight into the new decade!

37 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 3, 2011 at 12:29 am

Mmm, I just had pizza the other day. (: Yours looks awesome!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Happy New Year!

38 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 3, 2011 at 3:11 am

Setting the alarm after a break always stinks! I love the calendars πŸ™‚
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Favorites of 2010

39 erica January 3, 2011 at 3:46 am

i’ve been dreading going back to work…back to reality. sigh.

i’ve got to try more stuff out on iphoto!!!
erica recently posted..i guess he liked it…

40 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 3, 2011 at 5:11 am

I have to do that in a few days, so I feel your pain!
Love the calendar! Such a cute photo of you and Derek there! πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

41 Lauren January 3, 2011 at 6:52 am

I need to play around with the Iphoto calendar. I didn’t even know it had this. I’m so excited now. πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Party Like its a Russian New Year

42 Briana January 3, 2011 at 6:56 am

Love snap peas. So does my pup. You should let Maddie try em,, I have a feeling she’d be a fan πŸ™‚

Those calendars are amazingly adorable!! I just got the new version of iPhoto, so you can believe I’m going to be making some calendar gifts soon!! Thanks for the great idea!

Have a great day back at work!

43 Whitney January 3, 2011 at 7:04 am

I think the worst part of going back to work is the getting up when you really don’t want too.

Very colorful looking pizza! High five on that one.

44 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 3, 2011 at 7:17 am

Okay, seeing the December 2011 page really made me sad. I can’t wait for next Christmas!! Have a great start to your week today!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

45 Tessa January 3, 2011 at 7:46 am

Nooo!! I’m headed back to work too! ..but only after a 3 day weekend. I tell ya, it seems like I haven’t worked in a LONG TIME. Oh well. Good luck out there in the real world! Ha

46 Hope January 3, 2011 at 7:52 am

I never knew that you could make a calendar on iPhoto. I am definitely going to have to try doing that! The pizza looks so yummy!
Hope recently posted..Food Poisioning And BRAT…

47 Britt @ Runnerbelle January 3, 2011 at 8:46 am

Hhmm… I may need to make a calendar in iPhoto. My hubby made an awesome album on there for his parents from their anniversary party.

Ugh, the alarm went off way too early this morning. But I got my workout in before work! Success!

48 Carolyn @ one lazy bride January 3, 2011 at 9:13 am

That pizza looks amazing! I was just brainstorming meals to have this week – I think I’ll have to go for homemade pizza for sure now!

I love the picture of you and Derek with all the sparkly lights behind you. Adorable!
Carolyn @ one lazy bride recently posted..easy does it 2011 goals