The End of Staycation

by Meghann on January 2, 2011

Good Morning!

It’s Sunday, January 2, 2011, which means it’s officially the last day of my New Years stay-cation. Sad face. πŸ™ Tomorrow I return to the ‘real world’ of 8 hour work days and 5 day work weeks. I’m beginning to see why January is the most depressing time of the year. The next official ‘holiday’ isn’t until May!

I also see why the majority of America jumps on the ‘getting fit’ bandwagon this month. Having a new goal and reason to get to the gym every morning, sure makes life more fun. I’m still working on my resolutions, but it was nice hitting the gym this morning with the rest of the New Years Resolutions crowds.

I hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes and kept it at a relatively easy pace so I could read the latest People. After the elliptical I hit the weights and pretended I knew what I was doing with lunges, bicep curls, and various other moves I pulled out of thin air. πŸ™‚

The temps are creeping back up here. Perfect weather for a smoothie in a bowl if you ask me. πŸ˜‰

This smoothie contained:

• Frozen Mango
  • Frozen Pineapple
  • Chocolate protein powder
  • Peanut Butter Flour
  • Yogurt
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Water

Toppings:

• Chocolate Attune Granola Munch
  • Raisins

Ok, not quite smoothie weather (this smoothie was chased with a hot cup of tea and a warm blanket), but close enough. πŸ˜‰

So, much to do today!

Grocery shopping, cleaning, organizing, etc.

But, First! A Say Yes to the Dress Marathon! Priorities people!! πŸ™‚

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 2, 2011 at 10:34 am

I’m watching Say Yes to the Dress too!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great day to me. πŸ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

2 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 2, 2011 at 10:36 am

I’ve been eating smoothie bowls this entire winter. They’re just too good to eat only in warmer weather. πŸ˜‰
Kristy @ KristyRuns recently posted..1-1-11

3 grocery goddess jen January 2, 2011 at 10:37 am

Yeah, January is kind of depressing…at least you don’t have snow, so maybe that makes it easier?
grocery goddess jen recently posted..The Real First Post of 2011

4 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 2, 2011 at 10:39 am

I can’t believe its back to the real world tomorrow!
Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Happy New Year

5 Val @ Balancing Val January 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

This is the most depressing time of the year! It’s cold, dark, and boring!

I’m seriously going to cry tonight as the plunge back into the daily grind starts tomorrow πŸ™

And the next holiday isn’t till may? Damn?!
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Happy Flu Year!

6 Briana January 2, 2011 at 10:54 am

‘Say Yes…’ marathons always suck me in…. before I know it, I’ve watched 3 hours worth of dress shopping!! Glad I’m not the only one. πŸ™‚
Briana recently posted..twenty eleven

7 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 2, 2011 at 11:10 am

Haha I love pretending to know what you’re doing at the gym. I do that all the time with ab moves on the stability ball. (;

Yay for a say yes to the dress marathon! I’m watching it too.
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Happy New Year!

8 movesnmunchies January 2, 2011 at 11:11 am

such a good looking and sounding smoothie! pb flour all the wayy! i LOVE SAY YES to the DREss!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

9 Amanda (Eating Up) January 2, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’m with you on the post-holiday blues. My strategy is to embrace winter and all its fun it brings. I’m gonna go ice skating, drink lots of hot tea and celebrate any occasion I can–the Superbowl, Valentine’s Day, etc.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Suggestive Life Guidelines for 2011

10 Matt January 2, 2011 at 11:20 am

It is 30* here! More like oatmeal weather πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Chili-Garlic Rubbed Swordfish

11 Erica January 2, 2011 at 11:24 am

a big booo to going back to work! I hit up the gym this morning too. I got there right when it opened to avoid the rush. I bet that was a delicious bfast bowl- especially with the tropical fruits. Its already 65 here and I couldn’t be happier. Enjoy your day
Erica recently posted..E- Sunflower &amp Pumpkin Seed QUICK Bread

12 Haleigh January 2, 2011 at 11:30 am

I usually don’t make New Years Resolutions but this year was different. Hopefully, this year, I can actually make exercise a priority! You’re an inspiration girl! xoxo
Haleigh recently posted..Two Thousand and Eleven

13 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 5:46 am

Good luck Haleigh! πŸ™‚

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 2, 2011 at 11:35 am

Ughhh January is definitely my least favorite month, despite it being my birthday month!! I can’t wait until it’s really WARM out again πŸ™‚
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

15 Alicia at Poise in Parma January 2, 2011 at 11:38 am

You are such the good bridesmaid! I love watching that show. It’s crazy to see what dress styles I like now versus when I got married in 2006.

I’m waiting out the Sunday AM gym crowd and planning to watch the football games during my elliptical time this afternoon. Even though the amount of people increase, the ebbs and flows remain the same. 6PM on Monday = nuts. 3PM on Sunday = calm.
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..How I’ll Find Happiness in 2011

16 michelle January 2, 2011 at 11:38 am

All the new years resolution people at the gym… of course! I wonder what it’ll be like tomorrow. I give it a month before most people give up…

17 Trish January 2, 2011 at 11:46 am

I am so not happy that vacation is over. Boo! But I would take your 8 hour days over my 12 hours (2 jobs!). Ugh!

18 Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well January 2, 2011 at 11:47 am

Stay-cations end so suddenly, don’t they? I feel like with regular vacations you kinda ease back into “real life” by traveling back home. With a stay-cation it’s just thrust upon you! Good luck getting back “to the grind” tomorrow. Hopefully it’s a happy Monday!!
Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well recently posted..I can’t even see that far back…

19 Stacey January 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I’m really not looking forward to going back to work either! Luckily I have Monday off but after that it’s back to business as usual. πŸ™
Stacey recently posted..Viva Las Vegas!

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I’m dreading going to the gym- it’s going to be so crowded!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

21 Maryann January 2, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I always hit the gym early to beat the crowds in the evenings…but now that its January they will be even worse! I dont have time to workout until later today so I may just skip the gym and go for a run πŸ™‚
Maryann recently posted..Food and Fun

22 Katherine: Unemployed January 2, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I know someone going on that show! I don’t understand why anyone would want to (no offense to anyone who is on it). Did you know the show does not offer *any* incentives what-so-ever?! no paying for the dress or free lunch or anything…
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Ozzy and Sharon Ozborne

23 Andrea January 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Easter is in April this year – thats a stat holiday too, don’t forget!

24 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 5:48 am

It’s a good Holiday, but it doesn’t provide any days off. I was thinking that according to my list of office holidays that Memorial Day is the next official day off. πŸ™‚

25 andrea January 3, 2011 at 6:08 am

Must be a canadian thing!

26 Halley(Blunder Construction) January 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Today is the last day of my string of extra-long weekends. I feel you on the boohoo! At least we can look forward to spring around the corner πŸ™‚
Halley(Blunder Construction) recently posted..Lookin’ Good

27 Christin@purplebirdblog January 2, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Sometimes I miss having cable, but I’m mostly glad we don’t have it, like today when I need to be studying my butt off and would totally get sucked into said marathon of shows! πŸ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Dough Balls by Accident

28 Anne P January 2, 2011 at 3:20 pm

My favorite juice combo is beet, carrot, apple, ginger, celery, and spinach. SO GOOD! Perfect combo of flavors. Try it πŸ™‚
Anne P recently posted..A New Year’s Day Hike at Partnach Gorge in Germany

29 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Glad you’ve enjoyed your time off…and yes, back to the grind tomorrow. I’ve been working all weekend but yeah, reality is setting in, isnt it πŸ™‚

Enjoy your juicer…it looks like you’ve been having so much fun already!

30 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) January 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I have to go back to work tomorrow too so I totally feel your pain!!
Brittany (Eating Bird Food) recently posted..New Year- New You

31 Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com January 2, 2011 at 5:37 pm

love love love love your photography! Glad I found you! πŸ™‚

32 Kaitlin January 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm

It is sad that we have to go back to work! I remember you saying you liked the peanut butter powder– I’m going to pick some up from trader joe’s this week. Do you ever put it in yogurt?
Kaitlin recently posted..2011 Goals

33 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 5:49 am

I’ve tried it just in yogurt before, but it’s a bit bland. I still haven’t worked out the right ratio of flour versus yogurt versus the pinch of salt.

34 Amy at TheSceneFromMe January 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Awe man, I know what you mean. Back to full time work in the morning for me too. But I do 13 hours shifts, so only 3 days a week.
Wished I had a month’s stay-cation!
Have a great upcoming week and year!
Amy at TheSceneFromMe recently posted..Cookie Dough In The Middle

35 Catie January 2, 2011 at 7:57 pm

When my sister got engaged that’s the only show we watched!
Catie recently posted..Confession 2

36 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) January 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm

So is the dress marathon more intense than the computer marathon or the 26.2 miles????? Have fun tomorrow
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..Ready to Unwind

37 Molly January 2, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Don’t you get off for MLK?!

38 Meghann January 3, 2011 at 5:45 am

Nope, I think that’s mainly a northeast thing. πŸ™‚

39 Lorin January 3, 2011 at 1:40 am

Blah, I just moved back from my home to my dorm room in college. I like it here but it is bittersweet knowing that I have to start learning more. I would give anything to go back one more day and repeat yesterday at my favorite cafe. Hopefully going to the gym tommorow will help with the endorphins because I’ll be needing them. I’m happy for the new year though, I just can understand where the winter blues come from.

40 CMae January 3, 2011 at 7:44 am

I’m so glad you’re a “Say Yes” fan! I write the show’s official blog — you should check it out. (Don’t forget that the season premiere is this Friday, Jan. 7.) And another shameless plug for the site I edit since you’re helping with your brother’s wedding and thinking about planning your own someday soon: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/weddings. Hope you love the site!
CMae recently posted..Jupiter Presents- Presents