Welcome to 2011

by Meghann on January 1, 2011

HAPPY 2011!!!!

Last night I reigned in 2011 the way it was meant to be reigned in – surrounded by close friends and family drinking champagne.

Lots and lots of champagne. πŸ˜‰

Up until two days ago I had zero plans for New Years. Derek and I were playing it by ear on what everyone else was doing. Turns out no one else had plans either. Kelly and I were texting back and forth on whether we wanted to go out or not, but upon discovering cover charges for the 31st went anywhere from $25 to $60 dollars (not including parking and drinks), a house party seemed a little more economical.

Kelly took the lead role and offered up her and Anthony’s place for the party festivities. She rocks.

IMG_3272.jpg

She also offered to feed Derek and I. Thanks again Kelly and Anthony!

Our friend Amber brought the chips and dip.

IMG_3280.JPG IMG_3281.JPG IMG_3282.JPG

And we feasted on roasted potatoes, salads, and delicious kebabs that Anthony had grilled for the group.

Kebabs are so delicious and so easy to do. I’m not sure why I never make them at home? Definitely a crowd pleaser!

Dessert came in the form of cake.

And MegaNerd Snicker Doodles.

IMG_3316.JPG IMG_3318.JPG

Oh, and more champagne.

Did I mention the champagne? πŸ˜‰

IMG_3373.JPG IMG_3374.JPG IMG_3375.JPG IMG_3378.JPG IMG_3379.JPG

Just before midnight we all settled around the TV and counted down with Dick Clark.

3…..2…..1…

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Get ready 2011… it’s going to be one hell of a ride! πŸ™‚

How did you celebrate the start of 2011?

1 Evan Thomas January 1, 2011 at 10:51 am

Happy new year, Meghann! We kept it simple with friends that live nearby, too. It was nice and casual and that felt perfect for a new year.

2 Amanda (Eating Up) January 1, 2011 at 10:53 am

Looks like a lot of fun! I celebrated in downtown Chicago with some girl friends. We got a champagne shower on midnight!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Suggestive Life Guidelines for 2011

3 Elizabeth January 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

Looks like you all had so much fun! My boyfriend and I stayed in for the night, cooking dinner and attempting to use my ice cream maker (which decided not to freeze, so it was a NYE fail).
Happy 2011!

4 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

Happy new year! I stayed in, too. Going out isn’t my style, and wayyy too expensive!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

5 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 1, 2011 at 10:58 am

Sounds like a fabulous way to start the year!! We did the same- house party with dinner, champagne, and friends- perfect!

6 Kaitlin January 1, 2011 at 11:11 am

Looks like it was tons of fun! Happy New Year!
Kaitlin recently posted..2010 in Photos

7 Lauren @ Team Giles January 1, 2011 at 11:15 am

What a fun party! πŸ™‚ We live on a cul-de-sac street, with 6 houses, and from 5 of those houses (one set of neighbors is not too friendly) all came out to the street, blew up fireworks – we don’t “pop” them here… we blow them up (everythings bigger in Texas right?) – and also watched Dick Clark’s New Year’s rockin’ eve. πŸ™‚ Great night with great friends, best way to start 2011! Happy New Year Meghann!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Ring in the New Year

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 1, 2011 at 11:24 am

Happy New Year girl!! You looked lovely! I rang in the New Year with my roommates – it was very low key and casual but I loved spending the time with them. Have a great first day of 2011! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Proud

9 Bria January 1, 2011 at 11:29 am

Happy New Year Meghann!!!

We took it easy, and went to the movies πŸ™‚
Bria recently posted..Happy New Year!

10 Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner January 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

Looks like a great time πŸ™‚

Happy New Year Meghann!
Matt @ The Kitchen of a Runner recently posted..2010 Has Come and Gone

11 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

Happy New Year! I went to a party with family, and had a great time! Looks like you did too πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

12 grocery goddess jen January 1, 2011 at 11:38 am

I celebrated pretty much the same way you did , with friends and family, but with a little less champagne (I’m 31, too old for too much champagne!). Happy New Year, Meghann! May it bring you lots of wonderful things (maybe something in a small box?)!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..The Real First Post of 2011

13 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 1, 2011 at 11:43 am

We went to a little bar (no cover charge) with a hysterical Alice in Wonderland theme going on. Perfect night πŸ™‚
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..I Almost Didn’t Live to See 2011

14 Phoebe January 1, 2011 at 11:45 am

Happy New Year! That’s such a great dress, you look awesome in it!

15 Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well January 1, 2011 at 11:45 am

Happy New Year! Looks like a wonderful evening in. Love that you and Kelly are barefoot in one of the kitchen pictures – nothing says comfort like fancy dresses and bare feet. πŸ™‚
Anna @ Doing Good and Living Well recently posted..I can’t even see that far back…

16 Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss January 1, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I was at work, waiting for the story about how everyone else was freezing their butts off downtown at the annual Pine Cone Drop. (Not that I wanted to be outside in below-zero temps, watching the Pine Cone Drop … but I didn’t really want to be at the office, either.)
Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss recently posted..Digging out

17 Clare @ Fitting It All In January 1, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That sounds like EXACTLY how I would have wanted to spend my New Years Eve. Love the dress!!
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..2010 Inspiration Board

18 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 1, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I celebrated with a house party, cake and champagne as well. It was pretty low-key but still fun!! Happy 2011!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

19 Ashley January 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Happy New Year! I’m glad you had fun. We made spur of the moment plans and ended up having a BLAST!
Ashley recently posted..Ya’ll Come Back Now

20 Amy (adore today) January 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I rang it in with my friends, hanging out at someone’s house, taking goofy photos and drinking champagne. Here’s to (as you said) One hell of a 2011!
Amy (adore today) recently posted..Shop and Save Big!

21 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 1, 2011 at 12:48 pm

It looks like you had a great New Years Eve! I spent new years with my boyfriend at the bar he owns… and then at midnight he proposed. πŸ™‚ I definitely had a fantastic new years!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Happy New Year!

22 Jes (Self Motivation) January 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

We just came back from traveling all over Florida and decided to spend the evening at home. I cooked breakfast as an old tradition that I used to do with my friends growing up. Of course there was also champagne.

I love, love, love your sequin dress! Happy New Year!
Jes (Self Motivation) recently posted..A review of my 2010

23 Toronto Girl West January 1, 2011 at 12:51 pm

That looks like such a fun way to ring in 2011! We played it low key (I have the flu), with PJs, take out, and our new 50 inch plasma. lol πŸ˜›

Happy New Year Meghann!!! Here’s to an awesome 2011 for you and all your nearest and dearest!
Toronto Girl West recently posted..Auld Lang Syne

24 Erica January 1, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Love your dress- super cute! Looks like a fun party. We did a low key celebration with Bryan & Mandi- it was fabulous. Hope you have a good 1st of the year πŸ™‚
Erica recently posted..E- Sunflower &amp Pumpkin Seed QUICK Bread

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I celebrated the new year at my apartment, just relaxing…. I did have a Green Monster smoothie shot at midnight. πŸ˜‰ Have to bring in the new year in good health! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

26 Stacey January 1, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Happy New Year! Love the dress, so sparkly and festive. I hope 2011 is a good year for you!

27 Katherine: Unemployed January 1, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Do you guys talk about blogging when you take photos?

I remember when facebook was new and everyone would be like “tag me!” (lame, I know) do you do any of the same things with pictures for the blog?
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Ozzy and Sharon Ozborne

28 Kristen January 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Happy New Year! I love your party dress:)

29 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous January 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

My fiance and I started in for the first time in recorded history. But it worked out in our favor because we could have a super long, mushy new years eve kiss at midnight…our fourth one together!

30 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous January 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

stayed in ***
Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous recently posted..An Epic Year

31 Christin@purplebirdblog January 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

You look so cute all fancied up! Happy new year!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- A Review of 2010

32 allie January 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Looks like a great New Years. Too much effort and too many people for me to brave the clubs, house parties all the way!!

33 Catie January 1, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Happy New Years! I love your dress!!! I went out for a nice dinner with the bf and then celebrated with his family.
Catie recently posted..Why do you exercise

34 Lexie January 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Is your hair darker? I like it a lot. I also love how you paired your dress with a blazer. Super cute!
Lexie recently posted..The one where I’m a good driver

35 Mariana January 1, 2011 at 9:15 pm