Welcome to 2011! :)

by Meghann on January 1, 2011

How did you kick off 1/1/11? I started with a run. A beautiful 3 mile run with Maddie by my side.

I assumed after all the celebrating last night I did with Mr. Champagne I would be starting 2011 in a hazy faze, but that wasn’t the case. πŸ™‚ I woke up right on cue at 7:00am, roaring and ready to go. I think all the water I drank with the champagne helped. The older we get, the wiser we become, right? πŸ˜‰

The three miles with Maddie was followed by part one of Jillian Michael’s Six Week Six Pack. (Still contemplating that challenge, but the 38 minute parts make it almost twice as long as 30 Day Shred and too long for a daily commitment….maybe 3 times a week is more doable with this DVD? Thoughts?)

My first meal of 2011…….

Carrot Cake Waffles!!!

Topped with Apples microwaved with some apple butter. It was the perfect celebratory meal to start the new year with. πŸ™‚

Then I got lazy.

Some laundry and a couple of laugh-out-loud movies later all of a sudden it was time for lunch. πŸ˜‰

Easy Boring Salad

• Arugula
  • Broccoli
  • Olives
  • Cheese
  • Pinto Beans
  • Corn Muffin

It worked. πŸ˜‰

It’s shopping time!

Derek has his eyes on a new ‘gaming’ computer. I have no idea what that entails, but I have a feeling it’s going to be a lot of ‘that one’s pretty.’ πŸ˜‰

Happy New Year!

1 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 1, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Shopping time!? Are stores open today? Happy 2011, girlie πŸ™‚
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..The End of Twenty Ten

2 Amanda (Eating Up) January 1, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I totally should have started my new year with carrot cake waffles!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Suggestive Life Guidelines for 2011

3 Marina January 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

What a great way to start a year, with such awesome breakfast πŸ™‚
HAve a great day!
Marina recently posted..Goodbye 2010

4 Julie @ Wearing Mascara January 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Happy new year!!!! Enjoy shopping πŸ™‚
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..What’s up- 2011

5 Matt January 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm

There is no better way to start the new year than with a run πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..2010 Has Come and Gone

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 1, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Carrot cake waffles sound to die for!! I kicked off my morning with an 8.5 mile run and a (mostly) upper body workout – it was actually really energizing and gave me the motivation to have a highly productive day. Next task: My 2011 budget….. gahhhh!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Proud

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 1, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I was up at 7 too….I just wanted to start the year on the right foot!! And I just took my first nap of 2011 πŸ™‚ Hope you have a great remainder of 1/1/11!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

8 Christin@purplebirdblog January 1, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Waffles are so dang perfect. I love having nut butter melt into every square!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- A Review of 2010

9 shorty January 1, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Too bad you live so far from us because my hubs builds gaming computers for half the cost of what you get prebuilt and they are MUCH better! He does this as a side job for fun…kinda nerdy like that.hehe Hopefully you guys find one he likes AND you have fun doing it! Have fabulous day!!

10 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) January 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Happy New YEar! The waffles look awesome and shopping for a gaming computer…you are a brave woman. I’d be on the couch with a cup of coffee and telling my man ba-bye hon, have fun on that one by yourself…haha πŸ™‚

11 Sana January 1, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Oh men and gaming computers. Have fun!
Sana recently posted..Welcome to My Day

12 Jen January 1, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Happy 2011 πŸ™‚

Jen
Jen recently posted..2011

13 Nicole January 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

You’ll have to tell us what kinda computer Derek gets! I’m in the market for a gaming computer as well. I’d like an Alienware, but it’s far, far too expensive. I’m not sure how much longer I can deal with playing Starcraft II on my Mac! I’m curious what games he’s going to be playing on that computer.

Can you tell I’m a huge nerd? Haha.
Nicole recently posted..Cranberry-Walnut Cookies

14 katie January 1, 2011 at 7:48 pm

have you ever checked out newegg.com? my bf recently bought an refurbished alienware from there and was able to save a ton off it’s normal price.

15 katie January 1, 2011 at 7:49 pm

*its

16 Nicole January 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I haven’t! Just checked it out- THANK YOU!!!!!!
Nicole recently posted..Cranberry-Walnut Cookies

17 Amanda January 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I was up by 7, too, so the 11:15 yoga class didn’t exactly start my day, but was a nice way to help start the year. Happy 2011! The next holiday to celebrate is your birthday. πŸ˜‰

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Haha… “that one’s pretty”…. I do that a lot too. πŸ˜‰
I started off the new year with a good 3 mile run too…. and cleaning my apartment. :p
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

19 Angela January 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I started my day out with a 3-miler, too! It felt great! Happy New Year to you!

20 Emily @ Relishments January 1, 2011 at 5:01 pm

My husband put together a new gaming computer this summer and he’d be the first to admit that its very “pretty”. I jokingly call myself a Call of Duty widow, which really isn’t fair because a heck of a lot of blogging gets done on that pretty computer too. Hope Derek loves his new toy!
Emily @ Relishments recently posted..2010 Resolutions in Review

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Your meals look great, as usual! I take my first breakfast of the year very seriously πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

22 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) January 1, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I hope you found a pretty computer for you Man today.. I cannot believe that 2011 is here I will be 30 in 280 days. I decided to make a goal for 2011 to lose 58LBS by the day I turn 30. http://ashandlewplus2.com/2011/01/01/280-days-to-a-new-me-lew-that-is/ I know that it is going to be hard but here I go!!!! I hope that we can make plans to come and run with you sometime this year. Maybe by that time I will be a smaller man and will be able to run faster!!!!
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..280 Days to a New ME Lew that is!!!

23 christina cadden January 1, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Those waffles sound amazing!

24 Kaitlin January 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Shopping for a new gaming computer is so fun! I hope he got one with a great graphics card!
Kaitlin recently posted..2011 Goals

25 Sarah January 1, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Just found your blog, love it! Carrot cake waffles, yes please!

26 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) January 1, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Those waffles look and sound awesome!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Happy New Year!

27 allyson January 1, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Happy New Year. Quick question…how many calories (about?) do you eat a day. I look at the pictures of your breakfasts and lunches and it seems so much to me. The waffle breakfast today would take me forever to eat.

28 Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) January 1, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Love your blog and your excitement for life!! Have been reading for over a year and you have inspired me to start my own today!
Mish (Pursuit of Happiness) recently posted..The Big 3

29 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday January 2, 2011 at 10:39 am

Waffles! Way to kick off 2011 right!

30 Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com January 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm

We slept in. I couldn’t wait to FINALLY sleep in. The whole week I felt like was one day after another of sleep deprivation. It’s amazing how much being preggo requires SO much more sleep! Amazing!
Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com recently posted..2011 Goals