Top Events From 2010

by Meghann on December 31, 2010

Can you believe today is the last day of 2010? This year has definitely been an adventure.

When I graduated college back in 2007 I wasn’t sure where life was going to take me. That first year after school was tough. I lost friends, I lost a big relationship, I lost ME. Luckily, I discovered that post-college limbo wasn’t working for me anymore and in 2008 I decided to make some changes. And as they say - the rest is history.

Here’s a look back at 2008 and 2009.

Since then life just continues to improve and keeps getting better and better over time. I’ve learned if you want to be happy you have to work hard at it  and – trust me – I work my ass off at it. Back then that 22 year old college graduate was just letting life pass her by, now I grab it by the horns and hold on for the ride.

2010 was another amazing year in this adventure I call life. Here’s a look back at some of my favorite events from the last 12 months.

January

Vacationing in San Francisco with Derek

May

Wishing Kelly a Happy 23rd Birthday

Exploring at Discovery Cove

Tri-ing in Baldwin Park

June

Relay Racing in Washingtom D.C.

Bumming it in Captiva Island

Realizing out childhood fantasies coming true at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Four Wheeling in Colorado

July

Training for the Chicago Marathon

Dancing the night away at a childhood friend’s wedding

Spa hopping in Miami

Finishing my first Olympic Distance Triathlon

August

Partying with my favorite bachelorette

Planning & executing the 2010 Healthy Living Summit

Catching the bouquet

Defending my age group title

September

Falling in love with new friends

Pushing my little brother when it counts

Proving training for a marathon is still possible when you travel

Chocolate decorating with friends

Running my third Miracle Miles 15k

October

Volunteering at the Wine & Dine Half

Eating our way around the world at Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival

Crossing the finish line at the Chicago Marathon holding my sister’s hand

Visiting KERF Country

November

Reconnecting with friends at Foodbuzz Festival

Racing the Saturn 5k with my two favorite runners

Drinking out of a really big straw for Ben’s 21st Birthday

Organizing the first annual Anderson family Turkey Trot

Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving

Supporting my crew at the Space Coast Half Marathon

December

Running my first sub-4:00 hr marathon

Ice Skating at UCF

Spreading holiday cheer at Disney

Ziplining through Christmas lights

Witnessing my little brother’s proposal

Waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve

A look Ahead…

I can’t wait to see what new adventures 2011 brings. Stay tuned, I already had a few lined up for January. This girl’s life is about to change in a big way and I couldn’t be happier about it! :)

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 31, 2010 at 8:35 am

Awesome re-cap! You had an amazing year :)

2 Dori December 31, 2010 at 8:53 am

You’ve been hinting at something great happening for you for awhile, so I can’t wait to finally learn what it is!! Love your 2010 recap. Isn’t it amazing how much of our lives becomes shaped by having blogs? We wouldn’t have experienced so many incredible things otherwise. Happy New Year!
Dori recently posted..2010 DSB Year in Review

3 Brenna December 31, 2010 at 8:53 am

That ulta-marathon! I almost forgot about that!!
Brenna recently posted..2010 baby

4 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations December 31, 2010 at 8:56 am

I love the end of year posts!! You’ve definitely had a big year, and I have no doubt 2011 will bring much excitement and joy too!!

5 Maureen December 31, 2010 at 8:59 am

I loved this look into your year and your amazing accomplishments- thanks for sharing!!
Maureen recently posted..2011 Race Plans- Part 1

6 Allison December 31, 2010 at 8:59 am

This is awesome! It looks like you accomplished so much. Such an inspiration!
Allison recently posted..Knicks vs Heat!

7 Duchess of Fork December 31, 2010 at 9:06 am

What a great post! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself, Meghann. You’ve accomplished more in one year than many people do in a lifetime. Keep up the great work in 2011!
Duchess of Fork recently posted..Enjoying My Vacation

8 Kaitlin December 31, 2010 at 9:10 am

What a fun and amazing year!! Congrats and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for you next.
Kaitlin recently posted..Birding Roundup- Corkscrew Swamp

9 joanna December 31, 2010 at 9:18 am

i bet you are going to move in with derek!! (:

congratulations on all your accomplishments!

10 Erin December 31, 2010 at 10:34 am

That’s what I’m thinking too! Looking forward to the big announcement.

11 Becki December 31, 2010 at 2:02 pm

That was my guess too!!

12 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 31, 2010 at 9:31 am

Sounds like a great year to me! Lots and lots of running! ;-)
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..New York- New York!

13 Amanda (Eating Up) December 31, 2010 at 9:34 am

Wow! What a fun year! Hope 2011 is just as great–no, better!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Best Meal of 2010

14 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat December 31, 2010 at 9:38 am

Wow, you certainly had a busy and exciting year!! Can’t wait to read about what the next year brings?

I’ll be in Orlando soon, and I was wondering, as a Orlando resident, if you had any suggestions of places I must-go or eat at while I am there??
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Where Am I

15 michelle December 31, 2010 at 9:45 am

Love this post :)
michelle recently posted..How is it almost 2011!

16 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 31, 2010 at 10:11 am

What an awesome year!!! Can’t wait to follow your journey in 2011! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

17 Matt December 31, 2010 at 10:11 am

Great recap! You had an AWESOME year :)
Matt recently posted..Top Recipes Of 2010

18 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) December 31, 2010 at 10:14 am

What an awesome year you had! Congrats on all your accomplishments. (:

19 rebecca lustig December 31, 2010 at 10:20 am

you, my friend, lived the dream this year!

here’s to another
wishing you a happy healthy and safe new years eve!
rebecca lustig recently posted..A milestone passed

20 Ali December 31, 2010 at 10:20 am

You definitely had a busy year! It was so much fun following along :) Happy New Year! :D
Ali recently posted..Photographs and Memories

21 Alicia December 31, 2010 at 10:21 am

LOVE This recap!! Happy New Year!
Alicia recently posted..Merry Christmas!

22 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 31, 2010 at 10:26 am

Wow love this recap! You’ve had such an AMAZING year! Keep it up in 2011 Meghann! :D
And can’t wait for this exciting surprise! I have a few guesses in mind…! ;) Haha probably totally wrong though! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Running- Shopping- Eating

23 Christin@purplebirdblog December 31, 2010 at 10:31 am

One helluva a year, girlfriend!! Oh, and your dress from the strawberry festival is the cutest EVER!! :D
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..My Intentions

24 Lauren @ Team Giles December 31, 2010 at 10:46 am

What an exciting year!! :) I love your recap. I swam with dolphins too this past year! Isn’t it the coolest thing? Can’t wait to see what 2011 brings you :) Happy New Year!
Lauren @ Team Giles recently posted..Bring on 2011!

25 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 31, 2010 at 10:55 am

I loved all your Foodbuzz posts! I only really entered the blogworld in April, so I’ll have to go back and read your pre-April posts! I talked about my top 5 accomplishments for 2010 today (http://wp.me/pSUCS-1rw) and can’t wait to light up 2011. I hope you have a very Happy New Year’s Eve and all the best in 2011 Meghann! :)
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Proud

26 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 31, 2010 at 11:29 am

I can’t wait to hear what 2011 has in store for you :)
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

27 Amy December 31, 2010 at 11:38 am

Wow you had a busy year! I’m so glad to have discovered your blog toward the end of it. You’re such an inspiration! I can’t wait to find out what your big changes in 2011 will be … happy new year!
Amy recently posted..year-end review

28 Alicia at Poise in Parma December 31, 2010 at 12:15 pm

What a year! Thanks for sharing your Disney Marathon recap again. I’m rereading it for inspiration for next weekend!

Happy New Years to you and yours! Thanks for blogging!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..ten things this thursday- my musical goodbye to the Chevy Cruze

29 Rachel December 31, 2010 at 12:30 pm

What an amazing and busy year! Thanks for sharing it with us :) Hope you have a fabulous New Year’s Eve and Day. Can’t wait to hear about this fantastic new twist in your life that you’ve been hinting at!

30 Lindsey December 31, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hi Megan! I have been following your blog for a while now, and I wanted to introduce myself. I’m fairly new to both the blogging scene and running. I really enjoy your blog! Happy New Year!
Lindsey recently posted..Chili &amp Scene It

31 melissa December 31, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I have truly enjoyed reading every word you have written over the last few years. Excited to hear what is next.

32 Katherine: Unemployed December 31, 2010 at 1:17 pm

what an awesome year! it’s neat how this is something you would never have done before you got in shape. now you’re like super woman! happy 2011
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Susie Sampler

33 Ashley December 31, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I started reading your blog at the beginning of the year. It’s so exciting to ead this and recognize all those moments.
Ashley recently posted..It Would Be Me

34 ezzie December 31, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Looks like you had a great year! Happy almost 2011~!!
ezzie recently posted..Pumpkins to Popcorn

35 sarah (the SHU box) December 31, 2010 at 2:28 pm

what a year! you deserve every bit of the joy that clearly comes through in these photos. happy 2011 meghann!!
sarah (the SHU box) recently posted..resolution 6- slow down and relax

36 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) December 31, 2010 at 2:34 pm

can’t wait to hear about your changes in 2011!

lovely pics, lovely recaps…and the beach in Captiva, dig that photo! I used to go there as a kid about 20 years ago! Wow…I’d love to go back now! :)
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..Aruba Walking Path Pictures- Winter Workouts &amp Finding Motivation

37 erica December 31, 2010 at 3:58 pm

your 2010 looks absolutely AMAZING and jam packed! i love it! it inspires me to get out the apartment and try new things!
erica recently posted..looking back at my 10 in 2010…

38 Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm

AHHHHHH….what a year!!! i can’t wait to see you in the next one!!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Moannnnnday

39 Laura December 31, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I think the big change will be you and Derek finally living in the same city together! :)

40 shorty January 1, 2011 at 12:38 am

I think I have been reading your blog for about 6 months now and just want to say how much I have enjoyed it. I hope you have AN AMAZING 2011!!! Happy New Year!!!

41 Lacey @ Lake Life January 1, 2011 at 11:29 am

It looks like you’ve had an insanely busy year! Good luck in 2011 :-)

42 Amy (adore today) January 1, 2011 at 12:00 pm

You had an amazing year! Tons of travel (super jealous)! Can’t wait to follow you through 2011!
Amy (adore today) recently posted..Shop and Save Big!