It’s Friday! I mean Thursday!

by Meghann on December 30, 2010

Good Morning!

Happy Friday… I mean Thursday. πŸ˜‰

Today is my last day of work for 2010. Because New Years Day falls on a Saturday, my company has deemed the Friday before as a holiday. So, my first holiday of 2011 actually occurs in 2010. I’m not complaining though. πŸ˜‰

This morning I tackled 5 miles around my neighborhood. I kept it an easy pace and took it the beautiful early morning weather. It was just a tad chilly, but not freezing – perfect running weather.

During the run I was able to test out the new strap my sister gave me for my Garmin for Christmas.

The original Garmin strap had seen better days and I’ve been in desperate need for a new one for a while. Kelly ordered this velcro strap from Amazon (linked here) and it was surprisingly easy to remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

The new strap handled well on the run too. It was made for smaller wrists so I never had a problem with it being too loose, it was always just right. It was also easy to adjust and easy to remove. It did add a touch more bulk to the Garmin, but it never really bothered me during the run.

All in all a great Christmas gift! Thanks Kelly! πŸ™‚

It’s nearing January which mean strawberry season has returned to Florida (YAY!!!!) I stocked up at the store yesterday and made sure to pile them high on my bowl of cereal this morning.

• 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Puffins
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/4 cup Attune Apple Granola Munch
  • Blueberry Oikos
  • Strawberries

Time to finish my 2010 year of work.

I also need to start working on New Years Resolutions. Do you do New Years Resolutions?

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 30, 2010 at 10:31 am

I haven’t decided whether on not I would like to make any New Year’s resolutions this year.
Usually, though, I don’t.

2 Natalie O December 30, 2010 at 10:32 am

I’m SO excited to get strawberries back too! I live in south florida and we have a couple good U-Picks down here.

Those pics of the strawberry cereal look GREAT πŸ™‚
Natalie O recently posted..An Amazing Year Part 3 of 4

3 Lauren December 30, 2010 at 10:34 am

I usually forget them after a month or so, but it’s gonna be easier to be accountable with a blog now!
Lauren recently posted..Workout Grooves

4 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) December 30, 2010 at 10:36 am

So envious of those strawberries.

5 movesnmunchies December 30, 2010 at 10:37 am

ahh i haven’t done resolutions in AGES> but i think i will this year! i am feeling 2011! wow i should get on that though.. i forgot its in one day!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Recipe Love

6 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 30, 2010 at 10:40 am

Can’t believe your strawberry season is now! Madness! I’m very jealous!
I love doing New Years Resolutions! Gives me something to work towards during the year πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Running- Shopping- Eating

7 Amanda (Eating Up) December 30, 2010 at 10:41 am

I love New Year’s Eve resolutions! They’re a great way to start the year off with some direction!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Best Meal of 2010

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 30, 2010 at 10:48 am

Breakfast looks lovely! You’re so lucky that strawberries are in season in JANUARY – we have to wait till summer up here in Ontario! I do New Years Resolutions, but I prefer to think of them as goals – my post on my 2011 goals is coming up early next week! Have a great day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Thrive Juice Bar and My Top 5 Meals of 2010

9 Kelly December 30, 2010 at 10:50 am

Meh I usually don’t do them, I just try to make the following year better than the previous.
Kelly recently posted..Back to Work

10 Christin@purplebirdblog December 30, 2010 at 10:52 am

I have a few resolutions that I will post on my blog later today. Nothing major, but some things I would definitely like to accomplish for myself in 2011!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Kitchen Therapy

11 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 30, 2010 at 10:52 am

I can’t wait for cheap strawberries!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..2010 Goals- A Look Back

12 Melissa @ Running with Needles December 30, 2010 at 10:56 am

I usually make resolutions that are nearly impossible to fulfill. This year I’m taking a more goal-oriented approach, things like reading more, watch less tv, and be a better person.

13 Dori December 30, 2010 at 10:59 am

My supermarket posted a note that there is a strawberry shortage, and then when I was at a different market the strawberries were $8.99! Crazy! Anyway, great run today and have a very happy new year if I don’t talk to you before then!
Dori recently posted..2010 DSB Year in Review

14 Amanda December 30, 2010 at 11:04 am

So funny to hear it is strawberry season. Our season doesn’t start until June. It’s ski season here! πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Whirlwind

15 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well December 30, 2010 at 11:04 am

I love making resolutions! I need to figure out what this year will hold for me. πŸ™‚
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..Christmas to NYE Lull

16 Matt December 30, 2010 at 11:10 am

I wish I was off today!

Happy (early) New Year!
Matt recently posted..2011 Goals

17 Katrina December 30, 2010 at 11:12 am

Yeah, I guess I do. For some reason, I’ve put off the whole resolution thing this year. I’ve got one more day to think about them πŸ˜‰

18 Hope December 30, 2010 at 11:18 am

Yum! I love peanut butter puffins and strawberries! I hope they make their way up here. Today is my Friday too! YAY! I usually don’t make New Years Resolutions. I just hope that 2011 is much better than 2010 was. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Couponing to the Extreme…

19 Andrea M December 30, 2010 at 11:18 am

Strawberry season?!? So jealous! Ours doesn’t come until June (southwestern Ontario, Canada) and that’s 6 months away! Buuuutttt I guess the good thing is that the kind folks in Florida and California are nice enough to share! πŸ™‚

I hope you have a great New Year’s!

20 Faith @ lovelyascharged December 30, 2010 at 11:20 am

I’m piling up those strawberries too. Best time of the year for us!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..The Scariest Decision of My Life

21 kate December 30, 2010 at 11:32 am

I love NY resolutions! I cant wait to finalize my goals for 2011.

22 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 30, 2010 at 11:36 am

I love resolutions…I know a lot of people in the blogworld don’t do them, but I think there’s always room for self improvement!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

23 Sarah for Real December 30, 2010 at 11:41 am

Strawberry season in January??? Sometimes I think you live in Mars… or heaven maybe.

Your bowl of red berries looks so pretty on the red cloth!

24 Kelly December 30, 2010 at 11:53 am

I did NY resolutions last year but only accomplished half of them. Planning a wedding took over most of the year. Then marathon training took over the rest.

I’m so jealous that you Floridians get strawberries in January. NC’s season comes much much later in the year.
Kelly recently posted..Lazy snowy day

25 michelle December 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I do new years goals…. still working on them and will be posting shortly
michelle recently posted..How is it almost 2011!

26 Kaitlin December 30, 2010 at 12:02 pm

So fun to have a holiday before NYE. Looks like that Garmin strap worked out well. I’m about to take off for a speedy run in S. Florida– hopefully temps stay warm!
Kaitlin recently posted..Birding Roundup- Corkscrew Swamp

27 Katherine: Unemployed December 30, 2010 at 1:09 pm

this is an odd comment but your wrist looks so skinny!
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Susie Sampler

28 Sana December 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I am so glad you are getting a chance to start 2011 off the right way! Live it up!
Sana recently posted..Welcome to My Day

29 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) December 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I dont do New Yrs resolutions, but I do New Yrs Intentions and just posted my 10 Intentions for 2011, yesterday. It was really helpful for me to just put it all out there for myself πŸ™‚

Glad you got a new garmin strap that works!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) recently posted..4 Things – Play Along- Big Mail Pile

30 Kacy December 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I do resolutions although I don’t really like referring to them as such because of the connotation they’ve gotten over the years. This year my resolutions will focus more on reaching out to others and bettering my community. I have the post already typed up… shhh don’t tell πŸ˜‰

That new strap is really cool!
Kacy recently posted..Gym Intruder

31 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I like that strap! I may have to invest in one someday! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

32 Marina December 30, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I’m not sure I’ll make resolutions…probably I will. Maybe to love myself more, and be happier.
Marina recently posted..venting

33 Cynthia December 30, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I miss fresh strawberries! I should come to Florida so I can get some.
Cynthia recently posted..Out with the Old

34 Brittaney @ thegirlthatcantcook December 30, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I love resolutions! I was just reflecting over mine from last year. Strawberries look so yummy!

35 Lauren December 30, 2010 at 7:49 pm

I NEED one of these straps. My Garmin strap has been replaced 4 times now. Guess I’m pretty hard on the ware but I’m getting quite annoyed buying a new strap every 3 months.
Lauren recently posted..Live Boldly

36 Itecblogger December 30, 2010 at 8:21 pm

My resolution is to loose the baby weight I gained for my daughter (born 10-10-10, crazy b-day!). Enjoy your strawberries- our season doesn’t start until May (Ohio).

37 Lacey @ Lake Life December 30, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I’m making a list of goals for the new year and limiting it to 5 so as to not set myself up for failure right off the bat.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..My domain

38 Ali December 31, 2010 at 9:52 am

I just started my list for New Years resolutions. Last year I didn’t have any so this year I’m just going to have a few that I know I’ll be able to follow.
Ali recently posted..Photographs and Memories