Doggie Sleepover

by Meghann on December 28, 2010

One dog is tough.

Two dogs are manageable.

FOUR dogs is just plain crazy.

My Dad likes to call to refer to it as ‘doggie sleep over.’ When ever all four dogs are together at my parents house they tend to run wild and goes crazy. And I’m just not talking about during the day. I’m talking all. night. long.

They play tug of war. They bark. And they go from room to room seeing which person will get up to let them out at all hours of the night. Derek and I closed my bedroom door last night, but that didn’t stop the four of them from parking their butts outside our door. Maddie tricked me. She barked, I felt bad, and made the mistake of opening the door and letting all four dogs in the room. Next time I’m letting her bark.

It wasn’t entirely Maddie’s fault. It was almost 7:00 and well past Maddie’s usual wake up time. She was up and ready to roll.

After a few nudges I was up too and on my way to my parents’ gym for a quick three miles on the treadmill. Followed by some walking lunges with 15 lb weights in each hands. Those hurt.

Derek and I teamed up for breakfast.

He scrambled the eggs and I picked the mix-ins.

Spinach, onions, and cheese sounded just right. Salsa on top sounded even better.

Side of toast with real butter.

And half an apple shared with Derek.

I’m back at work today for a very short work week. Three days? The majority of the office on PTO? All school districts across the U.S. on holiday? Yeah, I think I’ve got this. πŸ™‚

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 28, 2010 at 9:58 am

I don’t think I could handle that many dogs! And eggs with toast for breakfast is one of my favorites. A simple, fabulous staple.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I Just Had to…

2 Amanda (Eating Up) December 28, 2010 at 10:08 am

Oh man, I don’t think I’ve ever been around that many dogs at once. I can only imagine the craziness!

3 grocery goddess jen December 28, 2010 at 10:19 am

I was wondering when you’d go back to work! Is Derek off this week? I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, too! YUM.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Black and White

4 Derek December 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

yep…I don’t go back until Jan 4

5 Emily G. December 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Lucky you!!!! I want your job!..unless you just took vacation time…then I’ll stick to mine! lol

6 Matt December 28, 2010 at 10:22 am

Those scrambled eggs look great! Derek should open up a diner πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Chocolate Cake with Pumpkin

7 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) December 28, 2010 at 10:26 am

Mmm your breakfast looks perfect!

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 28, 2010 at 10:33 am

That’s my favorite breakfast! πŸ™‚

4 dogs? Oof! Geez….
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive

9 Amanda December 28, 2010 at 10:36 am

just be glad you didn’t have 4 dogs + 1 skunk πŸ˜‰ I am in the few at work this week, too…enjoy the downtime!

10 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 28, 2010 at 10:44 am

4 dogs?! That is insanity!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..β€˜Twas the Night Before Christmas

11 Bridget December 28, 2010 at 10:44 am

Haha that sounds fun πŸ™‚ Well for a little while anyways! Yeah I don’t think I’ve slept past 7:30 since we got our dog but thats ok! Have a great short work week! My office finally figured that its usually such a slow week we just shut down (although forced vacation time is annoying), but I’m so glad to have a week off and not have anything I HAVE to do!

12 Kacy December 28, 2010 at 10:52 am

We had four dogs for awhile on Christmas day. It was madness!
Kacy recently posted..Ancient Grains

13 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) December 28, 2010 at 11:00 am

We used to have 2 dogs, then we had 3. Then two of they made babies. And we had puppies. And we had like 7. IT was INSANITY! hahah!

Enjoy your coffee and the eggs + salsa look perfect!

14 michelle December 28, 2010 at 11:06 am

you always have such good ideas for breakfasts. Yum! I’m making my grocery list and going through some of your food pics and adding things
michelle recently posted..Home Sweet Home!

15 Christin@purplebirdblog December 28, 2010 at 11:07 am

I would looooove the four dog household! Dogs rule!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Recipes x4

16 Hope December 28, 2010 at 11:08 am

Those are a lot of dogs! I think I would like to be around four doggies. Love them! πŸ™‚ Those eggs look fantastic!
Hope recently posted..An Icy Morning &amp Frozen Toes…

17 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 28, 2010 at 11:47 am

4 dogs?! So fun! Way to tag team breakfast like champs πŸ™‚

18 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 28, 2010 at 11:50 am

We have 1 dog and he drives me abs crazy!!! I am not sure I could even handle having 2 around!

3 day work week should fly by!!..jealous.

19 amanda December 28, 2010 at 11:52 am

i give you credit-all those dogs would make me bonkers!

great looking breakfast!

20 Tina @ The Shakespearean Tomato December 28, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Aren’t dogs just like little kids?? I know my dog has been pouting since my old roommates moved out and took their dog with them. It was always so cute to watch them play, 10 lb. chihuahua bossing my 65 lb. pit bull around all day long! It’s like a party for them πŸ™‚ But I’m sure (like any parent) you will be glad to be back down to just your own soon too!
Tina @ The Shakespearean Tomato recently posted..Lentil-rific

21 Danielle December 28, 2010 at 12:16 pm

We had NINE dogs at my parents house for Christmas…and only 2 were small dogs. : )
You’re breakfast looks pretty tasty!
Danielle recently posted..Christmas part 1

22 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing December 28, 2010 at 12:34 pm

We have a friend who’s going out of town tomorrow so we’re watching his German Shepherd for a few days. He’s a good dog, but I can’t say I’m looking forward to having him, our Rottie mix, and our tiny Pom-a-Poo in the house. Chaos shall ensue, I’m sure.
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Merry Christmas!

23 Gretchen December 28, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Hahaha, I can certainly sympathize with the too-many dogs syndrome. And since TWO of the dogs at any given gathering are mine, I shoulder twice the blame! Still, it’s kind of amazing when the little pupsters all get into the gang, romping and rolling and whatnot around the house and yard. πŸ™‚
Gretchen recently posted..Viva La Italia!

24 Lacey @ Lake Life December 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Maddie’s such a trickster!

I am hating the 3-day workweek. I feel like there’s not enough time to get caught up from the past 4 days and my boss has vetoed me coming in to work on Friday πŸ™
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..My domain

25 sarahMTSBB December 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm

I second the “4 dogs is crazy” from experience! πŸ™‚ I add a silly youngster of a golden retriever to my parents’ crew of a lab-shepherd, a beagle/hound (or “all american”- we are just guessing what breeds dexie is), and a godzilla of a wirehaired fox terrier and the insanity doesn’t stop 24 hrs a day. Does Maddie play nicely with the rest or does she want to rule the pack? At least you know she’ll be tired when she gets home!

26 Sarah (A Runner's Heart) December 28, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I definitely know what you are talking about having 4 dogs in the house. Only we had 4 dogs and 5 people in a 2 bedroom apartment for the entire weekend! It was madness! Crazy madness! And yes, every time someone got up to go to the restroom, they had a dog there to follow them in, or bark at them to remind them that they were there 2. haha πŸ™‚ We have some great memories though! πŸ™‚
Sarah (A Runner’s Heart) recently posted..Suprise!