Twitter Friends

by Meghann on December 27, 2010

Good Morning!!!!

Anyone else enjoying a day off from the office today? Since Christmas fell on a Saturday and Christmas Eve was on a Friday (a day we usually get off) my office honored Monday the 27th this year as a Christmas Holiday. I love the way that worked out. πŸ™‚

I took advantage of the additional day added into my weekend and slept in before heading out on a very chilly 4 mile run. I was hoping waiting until 8:00 to run would make it a little warmer, but it didn’t. I did a very fast 4 miles (faster the run, the shorter I had to be outside) and layered on the clothes afterwards.

The run itself was a decent one. I haven’t been running very much or very far since the Palm Beach Marathon a few weeks ago. I’ve kind of been listening to my body for cues on how far it wants to go and lately it has been telling me nothing more than 6 miles at a time. I’m registered for a half marathon at the end of January (Derek’s Christmas present), but I think I’m going to take it easy and run it with him for fun. I pushed myself really hard this Fall, it’s time to take a breather.

πŸ™‚

Look who joined Derek and I for brunch this morning:

IMG_2712.jpg

Callie! aka @AthleteWannabe

Callie lives just down the road from Tampa and we’ve been trying to make plans to hang out for a while now. Luckily the stars aligned this morning and we were able to meet up for brunch at First Watch in downtown. I’m so happy it finally worked out because Callie is just as sweet in person as she is online. We spent the entire meal discussing Christmas traditions, babies, and Florida State (Go Noles!). πŸ™‚

While we went on and on about how much we love the Seminoles ( πŸ˜‰ ) I ordered a bowl of the Cranberry Nut Oatmeal.

It was cold and windy downtown, so i was craving something warm and comforting. The oatmeal really hit the spot.

I asked for the bowl sans bananas and instead opted for a [tiny] side of fruit.

My plate also came with an english muffin and I used a sprinkle of the brown sugar to add a touch of sweetest to the oats.

The Moroccan Mint Hot Tea really hit the spot too.

I’m still cold.

As much as I say I would love to live up north where it snows and they have four seasons, I know I would never survive. I’m a wimp and I am not afraid to admit it.

We’re packing up and heading back to Orlando today. I can’t wait to finally play with all the presents Santa gave me. I can’t decide what I want to do first. Make a soda water with my new Soda Stream or a Juice with my new juicer? Decisions. Decisions.

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 27, 2010 at 11:54 am

I’m a Florida girl, born and raised, but I need to move north ASAP. I am more of a cold weather gal. πŸ˜‰

Looks like a fun morning! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive

2 Dori December 27, 2010 at 11:55 am

JUICE!

Kinda weird that oatmeal would come with an english muffin, right? That’s like, bread with a side of bread. Either way, good stuff!
Dori recently posted..Cooler Cleanse- Healing Cooler Giveaway – 5 Winners!

3 Meghann December 28, 2010 at 10:03 am

I thought so too! But I love english muffins so I wasn’t complaining. I told Derek you’re bread with a side of bread comment and he didn’t get it. Guys.

4 Molly December 27, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I LOVE first watch! So good! You can come experience a Minnesota winter any day you like…the 34 inches of snow we have right now is enough to make you force yourself to like a tredmill.
Molly recently posted..Christmas lights keep shining on…

5 Rach December 27, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Haha, I’d never survive in the north either! My husband is from IL and he always complains that we don’t have 4 seasons, but I can just barely make it through the 6 weeks of below 40s that we DO have. BRR! I LOVE Christmas, but I’m ready for Spring to arrive, haha!

6 Errign December 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm

I LOVE my soda stream! I like the seltzer flavors & the tonic water mix the best, but I find I can use WAY less flavoring than they recommend in each bottle & have it still taste right to me. For example, one bottle of tonic flavor is supposed to make something like 12 liters – I usually get about 30!
Errign recently posted..little letters

7 Nicci December 27, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I say make some delicious juice with the juicer. I adore my juicer, which I use every week! My office decided to switch it up and give up Thur-Sun off isntead of Monday. Great thing is we are off Friday!
Nicci recently posted..Wishing You…

8 Ashley December 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Ooh soda stream I’ve heard a lot about those. Ever since I went cold turkey on soda a year ago any time I even take a sip now my face scrunches up from so much artificial sweetness and stickiness. Maybe soda stream is a better option?
Ashley recently posted..MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

9 Meghann December 28, 2010 at 10:04 am

If you don’t drink soda, but miss the bubbles I would suggest trying sparkling water or soda water – that’s what the sodastream produces. πŸ™‚

10 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 27, 2010 at 12:15 pm

i’m a wimp too! i grew up in MN, then IL…and now, I live in San Diego. And before that NC and SC as a younger 20something. I would never ever survive in the cold ever again! πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Aruba Vacation Highlights &amp Returning Home

11 Sana December 27, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Juiceee! Yeah I hate to say it but I live indoors for the winter season!
Sana recently posted..My Beef With Xmas

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I hate the cold. I think snow is gorgeous, but I much prefer just looking at it from the comfort of my house. Which reminds me that I still have to shovel our front walkway…ewwwww. Hopefully you get some more warm temps soon!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Christmas Day

13 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm

I live in Chicago but I can’t standdd having 4 seasons. I would be fine with two – hot and warm!

At least it has been around 40degrees lately, which feels very warm!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..One Picture 7 Ways

14 Katie December 27, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Yay for the day off!!!!

I say juicer !!! I love my juicer!

My fave combo is

beet+apple+ginger+lemon !!!!
Katie recently posted..We Love

15 Biz December 27, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Have a safe trip back home! It was 12 degrees when I left my house this morning – you would not survive πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Merry Christmas!

16 Amber December 27, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I normally have Monday off and love it because I get so much done! I have never heard if a soda streamer before. That sounds awesome! What flavors do you get out of that?

17 Allie December 27, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I say make juice ;)! Looks like you had an AWESOME brunch!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 10

18 Matt December 27, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I am and always will be a southern boy. I was born in Chicago, but I have no intentions of going back πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Tomato and Basil Stuffed Chicken

19 Lacey @ Lake Life December 27, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I took today off from work for a doc’s appointment but had to cancel due to white-out conditions. We got Friday off since Christmas is on a Saturday. Christmas Eve isn’t considered a holiday where I work.

I say go with the juice!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 27, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Mmm..that oatmeal sounds fabulous!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Merry Christmas

21 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 27, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I love your coat πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..β€˜Twas the Night Before Christmas

22 Jane December 27, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I got a SodaStream this year too! If you play with it let me know how it is πŸ™‚ I haven’t used mine yet. Though I’m snowed in, so maybe this afternoon…

23 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm

That oatmeal sounds divine. Glad you enjoyed the meet-up! πŸ™‚
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..Merry Christmas!

24 Kaitlin December 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Good work getting out there for that cold run! You two look so pretty in the first pic. Have a nice day!
Kaitlin recently posted..Detroit Lions vs Miami Dolphins

25 Jen December 27, 2010 at 3:42 pm

You wouldn’t survive the North and there is no way I would survive the South! I live in Michigan and when most people hibernate in the winter, I hibernate in the Summer. Anything over 70 and I feel like I’m going to melt πŸ˜‰

Jen
Jen recently posted..Nogmeal

26 Billie December 27, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Hi. I love your little dog she is so pretty. Here in England the day after Christmas is known a Boxing Day and it is automatically a holiday too. As it all fell on a weekend this year we have Monday and Tuesday off too as public holidays. I have taken Wednesday off to so back in work on Thursday for me. We are under a foot of snow at the moment and I want to get out on my bike I have cabin fever.
Regards
Billie
Billie recently posted..Phew…

27 Christin@purplebirdblog December 27, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Make a soda AND a juice and make a mocktail!! πŸ˜‰
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Take that!

28 MaryBe December 27, 2010 at 6:00 pm

When my daughter lived at Skypoint, we ate breakfast at First Watch all the time! We always hoped for a Derrick Jeter sighting but no luck