more ยป" />

Channeling my Willie Nelson

by Meghann on December 27, 2010

On the road again –

Just can’t wait to get on the road again.

The life I love is making music with my friends.

And I can’t wait to get on the road again.

On the road again.

Ha! Now that song can be stuck in everyone’s head! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Just kidding.

….Or am I?

๐Ÿ˜‰

The drive to my parents’ place was a breeze. Minimal traffic and I slept like a baby. Win – Win.

I had an apple o the way.

And Derek and I made BBQ Pork Sandwiches when we arrived.

With carrot sticks on the side.

A dark chocolate peanut cluster for dessert.

We decided that the our sickness on Christmas was related to a stomach bug and not food poisoning. Therefore, all food from Christmas eve has been deemed safe to consumed. Woo… good thing too because it would be such a shame to see all that hot chocolate go to waste.

The dogs are outside enjoying this beautiful crisp fall winter day.

I think I’ll go join them.

Are you sick of Christmas left over yet? Created anything creative with them?

1 Sana December 27, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I am so happy you can eat again!
Sana recently posted..My Beef With Xmas

2 movesnmunchies December 27, 2010 at 3:45 pm

I cannotttt do leftovers…. i kind of leave them for the rest of my family hehe :S… oops
movesnmunchies recently posted..Perfect Day

3 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin December 27, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I didn’t have any Christmas leftovers this year which is so sad! We normally bring things home but there was a lot of trouble coordinating all the family to get together, so it was mostly smaller meals with little to no leftovers. Boo!
Beth @ Beth’s Journey to Thin recently posted..Weight Loss Rewards

4 Sarah for Real December 27, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Heck no! I think leftovers are only as good as what you do with them. They have to be re-invented. I’m going to make french dip sandwiches with my Prime Rib, beef broth from the bones, and maybe some sort of stew or something if there’s still more to eat.

p.s. Thank you for blogging! Things are getting very quiet in the blog world…

5 Meghann December 28, 2010 at 10:01 am

It’s been quiet? I’m just trying to keep things interesting. Being sick took a lot out of me over Christmas!. ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Lacey @ Lake Life December 27, 2010 at 4:18 pm

It seems like all we have leftover is sweets. I’m on sugar overload and craving vegetables something fierce!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

7 Christin@purplebirdblog December 27, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I am the leftover QUEEN! There isn’t much that I won’t eat leftover, and usually cold is my preferred intake method!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Take that!

8 Christine December 27, 2010 at 4:42 pm

We had a quiet Christmas because my extended family won’t be in until after the new year — THAT’S when I’ll get all my leftovers.

BUT!! I just found out last night that there was leftover rice pudding from my neighbor in the fridge. I topped my oatmeal with it this morning!

SO SO GOOD!

It made me realize that as decadent as my oatmeal creations are in the morning, nothing can match the amazingness that is heavy cream (assuming that’s how my neighbor made the rice pudding, sure tastes like it!)

9 grocery goddess jen December 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I don’t have that many christmas leftovers, just a little bit of eggplant parm. I think I’ll go eat some right now!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Black and White

10 Morgan December 27, 2010 at 4:54 pm

I just saw this on the NPR blog, then read your last post – I hope this isn’t what made you sick. Maybe stear clear of leftover pre-packaged baked goods. It’s not just the gingerbread houses, apparently.

11 Meghann December 28, 2010 at 10:02 am

I saw that, but I never had any gingerbread house, so I’m not sure that’s the culprit or not. It could have any been anything though.

12 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) December 27, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I love leftovers however we didn’t manage to bring anything home with us this Christmas. We did have a beautiful cookie plate on our front porch when we got home- so good, however I am definitely having a sugar overload…need.vegetables.bigtime. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that all of that food is not going to waste.
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Christmas Day- another 365 days

13 Ashley December 27, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I had to throw all of our leftovers away this morning ๐Ÿ™ but they were pretty much gone anyway. And yes, that song is stuck in my head now.
Ashley recently posted..MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

14 Matt December 27, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Actually, I am kind of sick of Christmas. I am ready for 2011!
Matt recently posted..Vega Sports Performance Protein

15 Jenny at Rice n' Jeans December 27, 2010 at 5:48 pm

we went hotpotting on christmas so no leftovers !
Jenny at Rice n’ Jeans recently posted..Holiday!

16 AnneWF December 27, 2010 at 6:08 pm

So glad that you are feeling better. Three out of five of us have the same type of virus! I threw away half of a lasagna before finding out it was actually a virus. Better to be safe than sorry though. It’s good to be well again.

17 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I was forced to eat up all our xmas leftovers b/c we are flying home from a trip (Im using inflight wifi right now to type this comment) so it was either eat it up or throw it out. We did the former ๐Ÿ™‚ So no more leftovers for us.

I love those choc peanuts you have tempting me, too ๐Ÿ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Blogging from the Air- Recognized in the Aruba Airport

18 Laura (Starloz) December 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm

we don’t have many leftover, i love leftovers though
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..The essentials

19 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 27, 2010 at 7:09 pm

We didn’t really have much Christmas left overs… Just ham being used on increative sandwiches for the hubs lunch.

Glad it wasn’t food poisoning!

20 Katherine: Unemployed December 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Such a good, clean looking meal! the dessert looks great too
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Jimmy Fallon

21 Kacy December 27, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I didn’t take any Christmas leftovers. Stupid of me, huh? But I did go grocery shopping today and I have lots of yummy food in the fridge ๐Ÿ™‚
Kacy recently posted..Ancient Grains

22 Ali December 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Ahh good old Willie Nelson ๐Ÿ™‚ The only left over we have is homemade Chex Mix which is delicious!! It is my all time favorite Christmas snack.
Ali recently posted..future race plans and chin ups

23 Sarah December 27, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I wish I had leftovers! I’m in Afghanistan and while we ate well on Christmas, it is back to normal now.