Christmas Dinner Take 2

by Meghann on December 26, 2010

Since I could barely handle bread during last night’s proper Christmas Dinner, Derek’s parents invited us over to dine on left overs for lunch today. It was my second take on Christmas Dinner, luckily this time everything went down smoothly. πŸ™‚

We helped ourselves to plates piled high of last night’s goodies then took turns heating everything up in the microwave.

I didn’t miss out on all the good stuff after all. πŸ˜‰ The left overs were still delicious and a welcomed addition to my empty belly.

My meal ended with a lovely slice of Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream. πŸ™‚

After lunch some of of took a nap.

And others played on the computer.

We signed Derek’s Mom up for Facebook! Santa gave her a new laptop for Christmas and I told her she couldn’t own a laptop without being on Facebook. I also added Meals and Miles as one of her bookmarks. Hi Hilda!! πŸ™‚

We did make it to the mall today and I scored with this great sundress from Old Navy.

215011929.jpg

I was too lazy to take my jeans, boots, and white undershirt off to try the dress on with, but was pleased that the whole combination worked well together. I know the rest of the country is covered in snow at the moment and I shouldn’t be complaining, but it was really chilly in Tampa today. High of 47? Brrrr,,,,

You know what tastes great on a cold winter day?

Soup! And not just any soup – left over Christmas Turkey Soup! πŸ™‚

Derek’s mom sent us home with some left overs and the first thing that crossed my mind was left over soup. Soup is such an easy way to turn any left overs into a great second meal.

I simply chopped some veggies ( a few carrots, onion, broccoli, potato, and mushrooms)

Added broth and the turkey plus ham

Let it simmer for 20 minutes, then added the noodles for another 12.

It was really hearty and perfect for the cold evening.

Just remember to cool your spoon before hand – Derek burnt the roof of his mouth. πŸ™

Derek doesn’t keep any chocolate in his house – I know, it should be a crime! – so I requested a small hot chocolate on our way out the door this evening.

We stopped at Starbucks and I ordered a small White Hot Chocolate since they were out of regular Hot Chocolate.

IMAG0410.jpg

Holy Sugar Overload Batman!!

The White Hot Chocolate was sweet! So sweet that it gave me a tummy ache by the time I was through. If you are looking for a drink made of pure sugar – I think I’ve found your answer!

Our plan was to see Little Fockers, but the 9:10 showing had a malfunction and would not be showing this evening. Not cool. So, now we’re at home on the couch watching Outsourced via NetFlix instant play. It’s a weird movie thus far, but I heard if you’re a fan of the show the you’ll like the movie?

Oh well, either way I’m sure I’ll be out not to long from now.

Good Night!

1 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 26, 2010 at 10:35 pm

That dress is so cute! I never seem to find anything at Old Navy. πŸ™
Erika @ FoodFitnessFun recently posted..Merry Christmas!

2 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 26, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Glad the leftovers still sufficed!

And the whole dress over the white shirt reminds me of middle school. I totally remember rocking that look. Although I bet the dress will be much cuter in its appropriate manner of wearing too. πŸ˜‰
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I Just Had to…

3 Meghann December 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

I used to wear looks like that in middle school too. I miss dressing like a middle schooler sometimes πŸ™‚

4 Sana December 26, 2010 at 10:38 pm

That dress does look cute on top of your clothes!

5 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 26, 2010 at 10:44 pm

That Christmas dinner looks delish! So does that soup. Are home cooked meals not the best???
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..New Years Resolutions for 2011

6 Ashley December 26, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I tried a white chocolate drink from Starbucks once. It was hot chocolate but it did taste like I was slurping melted sugar. I love your dress, and I want to see that movie so badly.
Ashley recently posted..MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

7 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean December 26, 2010 at 10:51 pm

omg…that soup looks SO good right now!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Graham Cracker Eclair Cake

8 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith December 26, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I’m glad you’re feeling better! The soup looks delicious – did you cook the noodles before hand or let them cook in the broth?

9 Kate @ Spoonful of Vigor December 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm

My SO and I just watched Outsourced! It wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen, but it was pretty cute.
Kate @ Spoonful of Vigor recently posted..Coming my way! Along with The Big Book of Juices- More Than 400

10 Christin@purplebirdblog December 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Leftover soup rocks so hard!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Take that!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 26, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Glad you are feeling better! πŸ™‚

Super cute dress from Old Navy! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive

12 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 26, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Thanks for the starbux white hot chocolate tip….sugar city…haha!

The left over Christmas Turkey Soup looks sooo comforting and delish!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Time for Champagne – Or Not

13 Krystina December 26, 2010 at 11:52 pm

You should try the salted caramel hot chocolate. I died.
Krystina recently posted..One Biscotti- Two Ways

14 Maryann December 27, 2010 at 12:26 am

I have never heard of white hot chocolate before! This may be a silly question but is it made from white chocolate? If so I need to try some πŸ™‚
Maryann recently posted..By The Clock

15 Lacey @ Lake Life December 27, 2010 at 10:00 am

White chocolate isn’t really chocolate, it’s a confection made of sugar, cocoa butter, and milk , which is why the White Hot Chocolate is so very sweet. There’s 45g of sugar in a Tall (12oz) cup.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

16 Laura (Starloz) December 27, 2010 at 2:12 am

i don’t like starbucks hot chocolate, it’s disgusting.

i’m glad you didn’t miss christmas dinner & i’m glad your feeling better
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..The essentials

17 Angela December 27, 2010 at 3:18 am

Yeah white chocolate is always an overload since it isn’t even chocolate!

18 Lauren December 27, 2010 at 6:42 am

Happy to hear you didn’t miss out entirely on the Christmas foods. Glad you are feeling better sweetheart. πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..The Eve- The Morning- The Day- Christmas 2010

19 Matt December 27, 2010 at 7:51 am

Leftovers at THE BEST.
Matt recently posted..Christmas Day

20 Katie December 27, 2010 at 7:52 am

so glad you are feeling better and got to enjoy some christmas dinner lefotvers ; ) I say leftovers are even better!

Love the dress, old navy has some really cute stuff!

That starbucks white hot chocolate is SWEET!! I had that and didnt like it : p

Have a great day!
Katie recently posted..We Love

21 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 27, 2010 at 9:24 am

I am not a fan of any of starbucks hot chocolates! The chocolate one always taste burnt to me and the white chocolate one is exactly as you described.. tooo sweet!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..One Picture 7 Ways

22 Lacey @ Lake Life December 27, 2010 at 9:55 am

Your soup looks perfect right now (we’re mid-blizzard here in NY). Glad you got to have your Christmas dinner after all πŸ™‚
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

23 erin December 27, 2010 at 10:10 am

Merry Chirstmas late..lol..I just signed up for Netflix through the Wii santa brought the kids for Christmas. It is amazing..I am very excited to watch season 3 & 4 of Weeds on my tv instead of my laptop…Glad you’re feeling better!
erin recently posted..My Christmas Spirit will not be broken…

24 jenna December 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm

love christmas leftovers!!

25 Keri December 27, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Ooooooh white hot chocolate. It’s like they melt down vanilla frosting and throw it into a cup! And yet… I still love it. Mmmm.

Glad to hear that you’re feeling better! πŸ™‚
Keri recently posted..Mushy gushy kind of Christmas

26 Ali December 28, 2010 at 8:43 am

I have found that a lot of Starbucks drinks are too sweet unless you can ask them to cut back on the syrup. I’m not sure how you would do that with hot chocolate though. πŸ™‚
Ali recently posted..future race plans and chin ups

27 Dori December 28, 2010 at 8:45 am

The peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks is actually phenomenal. Trust me!
Dori recently posted..Cooler Cleanse- Healing Cooler Giveaway – 5 Winners!