Santa is too Generous

by Meghann on December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

That photo captures 4 generations on my Mom’s side of the family. It’s the first time we’ve all been together for Christmas in YEARS! My aunt actually got a little teary eyed about having all her daughters and grandchildren together for Christmas for the first time ever. That’s the holidays for ya. πŸ™‚

Santa was VERY generous this year.

IMG_2569.JPG IMG_2570.JPG

IMG_2573.jpg IMG_2575.JPG

A little too generous.

Along with my Soda Stream, Juicer, and External Hard drive (!!!) he also gave my sister, cousin, and I food poisoning. πŸ™

I had to miss out on all my breakfasts favorites (biscuits & gravy, eggs, and stocking chocolate) and instead opted for Ginger Ale and a side of bucket. We don’t know what the culprit is right now, but I can assure you I will not be touching any Christmas Eve left overs. Which is such a shame because it was all good food too. πŸ™

I’m starting to feel better now and am about to brave the 2 hour car drive to Derek’s parents house to celebrate the rest of Christmas with his family.

Wish me luck!

1 Christin@purplebirdblog December 25, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Oh no! I’m so sorry about your bout of food poisoning. Wishes for a quick recovery!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Merry Christmas!

2 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 25, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Omg I am soooo sorry to hear you’re sick. I have had food poisoning many times in my life and it’s awful, the worst. And the thought of being in the car, on the road, for 2 hrs…sounds like torture when you’re sick w/ food poisoning…Omg hugs!

At least the food tasted good going down πŸ™‚

Congrats on the ext hard drive!

And many blessings to you and your family!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Merry Christmas- Holiday Card 2010

3 Morgan @ Life After Bagels December 25, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Oh no! Good luck on the way to Derek’s parents and . . .

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 Itecblogger December 25, 2010 at 2:02 pm

oh, no! That stinks! And it looked like your Christmas eve dinner was so lovely (I was jealous…). Happy recovery and Merry Christmas. We celebrate Hanukkah so my husband volunteered to work for one one of his friends today. I’m watching our two young kids, and we are watching Christmas Story on TV and baking my son’s birthday cake for tomorrow.

5 Matt December 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Aww…

Feel better!
Matt recently posted..Christmas Eve- Bama-Style

6 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 25, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I am soooooo jealous of your soda stream!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Christmas Eve Tradition

7 elisa December 25, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Feel better! Just an FYI: our dogs go CRAZY when we use our soda stream! I hope your dog does better around it then ours!

8 Brittney December 25, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Awww, being sick on Christmas is the worst! Glad you are starting to feel better…hang in there!!
Brittney recently posted..20 Miles on Christmas Eve

9 Elizabeth December 25, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Just an interesting fact I learned from my food microbiology class… most culprits that cause food poisoning take at least 24 hours before you get sick, so it may not be anything from the Christmas Eve meal. There are one or two that take just 8 hours, but usually at least a day.
Either way – get some rest, drink lots of water, and feel better soon!!

10 s December 25, 2010 at 6:27 pm

ah thanks for that bit of info. πŸ™‚ i found it helpful!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 25, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Awww! I hope you get better soon! That’s a bummer!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

12 emily December 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Jeez, hope you feel better! Merry Christmas!
emily recently posted..St Thomas Thursday Afternoon – Friday Afternoon

13 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) December 25, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Oh no Meghann. Getting food poisoning is never a good thing, but getting it on Christmas Eve is such a bummer!! I hope you are feeling better this afternoon and get to enjoy the day a bit.

Merry Christmas!! xoxo
Brittany (Eating Bird Food) recently posted..Dreaming of a White Christmas

14 Nicole A December 25, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I know how you feel girl. I have a stomach bug too…my breakfast consisted of gingerale and saltines. Hope you feel better though. Merry christmas!

15 Danielle December 25, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Oh, so sorry to hear that! Hope you get well soon. Merry and bright is right around the corner πŸ˜‰

16 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 25, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Nooo BAD SANTA! πŸ™
Get better soon! And at least you had a great Christmas Eve with your family and got some great stuff too! πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Don’t tell Momma…

17 s December 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm

ahhh nooo. i had a stomach bug this christmas eve too … i missed out on the desserts, and looking at food of any kind still kinda makes my stomach turn… *shudder* anyways feel better! hope the car ride wasn’t too bad.

18 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Oh being sick on Christmas is the worst! I hope y’all feel better soon!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..merry Christmas to you and yours

19 Kaitlin December 25, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Aww, so sad to hear you’re sick! Hopefully they can figure out what dish was the culprit. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I’m jealous of Derek’s Life DVDs!
Kaitlin recently posted..Back on the wagon

20 Karen December 25, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Santa was generous indeed!!!

And I feel your pain. I spent all of Christmas day in the emergency room hooked up to an IV thanks to a gallbladder attack. Yay! Santa is giving me surgery in the new year as my Christmas prezzie. Well, that and an iPod shuffle πŸ˜‰
Karen recently posted..Nothing to see here…

21 Billie December 25, 2010 at 7:10 pm

wow…Santa has been so good to you. The family thing looks amazing I am so envious but I bet it was planned on an epic scale. I melt at the prospect of planning. Have a wonderful time with your family. xx
Billie recently posted..Phew…

22 natalie @ http://healthybalancingact.blogspot.com/ December 25, 2010 at 11:59 pm

oh no i hope you feel better soon…its such a shame especially on christmas
natalie @ http://healthybalancingact.blogspot.com/ recently posted..MERRY CHRISTMAS

23 Lacey @ Lake Life December 26, 2010 at 12:13 am

What a terrible way to start off Christmas! Hope you’re feeling better, car rides while sick to your stomach are the worst πŸ™
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

24 katie December 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm

sorry to hear you are sick!

what kind of juicer did you get?

25 Aunt Evelyn December 26, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Enjoyed looking at the Christmas Eve blog. It’s great to be an Anderson.