more ยป" />

Christmas at the Russells

by Meghann on December 25, 2010

Now it’s time to wish you Merry Christmas from the Russell house. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_2607.jpg

This morning we celebrated the Christmas holiday with my family and this afternoon we drove to Tampa for Derek’s family. Relationships are all about compromise (especially around the holidays), right?

Everyone should be happy to hear I survived the 2 hour drive to Tampa unharmed. I slept the entire was and actually feeling better once we made it Derek’s parents house.

Derek’s parents had cooked up a lovely Christmas Day feast featuring ham, turkey, potatoes, casseroles, etc.

But, as good as I thought I was feeling all my stomach could really handle was some bread and rice.

Even that was too much and I’ve regretted the decision ever since. It’s weird because I feel hungry, but as soon as anything goes in, it immediately wants to come back up. ๐Ÿ™ I also got word that Anthony (my sister’s boyfriend) is feeling sick now too. We’re still going back and forth on whether it’s food poisoning or a stomach bug. Either way, it sucks. ๐Ÿ™

IMG_2590.jpg IMG_2593.JPG

After dinner we took our turns opening presents around the tree.

What could it be?

IMG_2611.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2615.JPG

Derek and I were both spoiled this Christmas. So many amazing gifts this year, plus it was fun to give great gifts too. Derek spent the majority of the evening showing off the calendar I made him for Christmas. It was fun to go over all the photos with his parents and grandparents. ๐Ÿ™‚

We have a low key evening planned. I believe a bottle of ginger ale and Netflix will be involved. Let’s hope I’ve kicked this thing by the morning. I miss food. ๐Ÿ™

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

1 BIOCHEMISTA December 25, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Merry Christmas chica ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you had a great holiday despite feeling icky. Sleeping always makes me feel a *little* better. And what a better place to sleep than a car right ๐Ÿ˜‰
BIOCHEMISTA recently posted..A Christmas surprise

2 Molly December 25, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Feel better! Anything that involves being sick to your stomach is never good, but it sounds like you’re making a relatively quick recovery!
Molly recently posted..Merry Christmas!

3 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Omg that sucks that everyone is getting sick. My bets are on food poisoning rather than a stomach bug but either way, that’s too bad. Glad you survived the drive and are feeling better though!

Merry xmas and a good nite to you too! Sleep well ๐Ÿ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Christmas Day Pictures- Santa Came!

4 Molly December 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I hope you feel better soon!

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 25, 2010 at 8:06 pm

๐Ÿ™ I hope you feel better soon!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And Iโ€™m a Guest Blogger!

6 erica December 25, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Merry Christmas! hope you’re feeling better soon!
erica recently posted..toomuchfood

7 Jane December 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I got sick last night too!! Felt better earlier, and starving! but as soon as I ate got sick again. Now I’m in bed with DVDs and google reader. Fingers crossed it goes away, and hope you feel better!! Merry Christmas!

8 emily December 25, 2010 at 8:22 pm

merry christmas meaghann and derek!
glad you had a good day (and are feeling better)! ๐Ÿ™‚
emily recently posted..joy

9 alison December 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Good company and presents do help when you’re not feeling well. I hope you’ll feel back to your old self after a good night of sleep.
Merry christmas!
alison recently posted..Merry and Bright

10 Krystina December 25, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Merry Christmas! I hope you feel better soon. ๐Ÿ™
Krystina recently posted..One Biscotti- Two Ways

11 VeggieGirl December 25, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Praying that you feel 100% better soon, dear Meghann!
VeggieGirl recently posted..Suave VG Blondie Time – SOME of the photos and a video from Day 2

12 Meg December 25, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Merry Christmas, Meghann! Feel better!
Meg recently posted..Merry Christmas

13 Matt December 25, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Feel Better Meghan!
Matt recently posted..Christmas Eve- Bama-Style

14 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 December 25, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I’m sick too, so maybe something’s going around. I hope you feel better!

15 Ally December 25, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Do you think maybe it was all the chocolate?? Not that that’s ever a bad thing! But I remember one time I ate a lot of chocolate on Halloween and puked the entire next day. ๐Ÿ™
Ally recently posted..Thoughts on a Healthy Holiday

16 Christin@purplebirdblog December 25, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I hope you get a good night’s rest! Sending you healthy feel-better wishes for the new day tomorrow!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Merry Christmas!

17 Ashley December 26, 2010 at 12:10 am

Aww feel better Meghann. Merry Christmas!
Ashley recently posted..MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

18 Lacey @ Lake Life December 26, 2010 at 12:38 am

If it was food poisoning it would be coming out of both ends and I doubt you’d be able to make it 2 hours in a car. That being said, I know here in NY there is a really nasty stomach virus going around that lasts anywhere from 24-48 hours. Hopefully you’ll feel 100% better in the morning!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Merry Christmas!

19 Sarah w December 26, 2010 at 12:42 am

My hubs mom is a nurse. She said food poisoning comes out of both ends and usually hits within a few short hours. So if it’s not coming from both ends, it’s likely just stomach bug that got spread so quickly through your fam

20 Lauren December 26, 2010 at 8:01 am

Awww, you poor thing!!!! I hope you start to feel back to normal soon. ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad it was a great Christmas regardless.
Lauren recently posted..The Eve- The Morning- The Day- Christmas 2010

21 michelle December 26, 2010 at 8:13 am

Glad to see you had an enjoyable Christmas even tho you were sick!
michelle recently posted..Christmas Recap