more ยป" />

Christmas Eve 2010

by Meghann on December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Christmas Day is fun and all that, but traditionally my family goes all out on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is when the whole family comes together to celebrate, it’s been that way since I was little and I wouldn’t have it any other way. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Today was filled with lots of love, family, and food.

Emphasis on the food. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2306.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2333.JPG

I broke every ‘how to stay trim during the Holiday season’ rule by sitting and chatting around the appetizer table. I had my fill of baked brie, bacon wrapped chicken, cheeseball, and chips and dip.

I also caught up with my Grandma and enjoyed every bite of the yummy treats I only see once or twice a year. Especially baked brie – that stuff is good!

At 4:00 pm on the dot all the food was ready to go. We all gathered around the back room to bless the food.

IMG_2347.JPG  IMG_2349.JPG

• Broccoli Casserole
  • Cooked Carrots
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Stuffing
  • Bread
  • Coleslaw

As always, my plate had a little bit of everything. I had to sample all the good food out there. ๐Ÿ˜‰

With a glass of holiday merlot.

It was a tight squeeze. Good thing we’re all family. :)

Bread Pudding, Black Velvet Cake, and Pumpkin Pie – Oh my!

My Aunt had made bread pudding using two dozen Krispie Kreme Donuts. It tastes just as sinful as it sounds, but in that ‘I know by eating this I’ll at least die happy’ sort of way. ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_2429.jpg IMG_2431.jpg

My favorite part about Christmas eve is watching the little ones open their presents. They tear open the presents with so much excitement and glee, it makes me wish I’d bought them more presents just so they would have more to open and let that moment last a little bit longer.

After the kids go, it’s the adults turns to do some damage.

We did the traditional Chinese gift exchange.

IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2548.JPG

I won for top gift – a handle of Jack Daniels!

Sadly Derek didn’t keep it. Instead it was stolen half a dozen times? My brother ended up with it in the end. He’s in the middle of interviewing for residency programs – I think he needs it more than any of us right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I went home with a Racheal Ray Bakeware set that I’m really excited about. This may be the first family chinese gift exchange that I actually went home with something I’ll use. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Santa is coming in the morning!!!!!

But, my Mommy told me he won’t come until I’m fast asleep, so I better get to bed now!

Good Night!!!

1 Evan Thomas December 24, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Merry Christmas, Meghann!

2 sassy molassy December 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Ooh, i love getting new pj’s on Christmas. Looks like a fun night with the fam!
sassy molassy recently posted..The Streets of Chicago

3 Cate December 24, 2010 at 9:18 pm

That sounds like such a lovely Christmas eve! I love your matching pjs too!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day as well :)
Cate recently posted..WDW Half Marathon Training – Week Eleven- The Long Run When it Rained the Whole Time

4 Amanda (Eating Up) December 24, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Cute pajamas! I love the logistics about cooking for that may people. It’s incredible!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Merry Christmas!

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 24, 2010 at 9:24 pm

That’s a LOT of food! My goodness! Looks like a great time!

Have a wonderful Christmas! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And Iโ€™m a Guest Blogger!

6 Christin@purplebirdblog December 24, 2010 at 9:33 pm

The matching PJs are too cute, and I love the pictures of the sweet babies!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..First Blogger Meetup and FF- 28 years ago

7 Sarah December 24, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Man I really want to be an Anderson, you guys have so much fun! I know one of your brothers just got engaged but is there someone else in your family I can marry? Please!

8 Brian gast December 24, 2010 at 9:52 pm

You guys look like you had a full spread. All you guys look so happy. I hope all of you have a very merry Christmas. Love you all

9 Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 24, 2010 at 10:09 pm

holy moly. jealous. that is all.
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Erosion At Its Finest

10 Ali @ Ali on the Run December 24, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I have those same PJs! You girls look super cute. Happy Christmas!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..Ali Claus is Cominโ€™ to Town

11 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 24, 2010 at 10:32 pm

“bread pudding using two dozen Krispie Kreme Donuts.”–

I’ll take that recipe! Omg that sounds perfect for those times when just nothing else will do :) And Im not even kidding. I dont even know if there are any KK’s in San Diego but Id find one just to make that…haha!

Rach Ray bakeware set, score!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..A Little Santa a Little Early- Holiday Traditions

12 Hallie December 25, 2010 at 12:03 pm

There’s one in Clairemont :-) you’re welcome
Hallie recently posted..Lessons from My First Semester at Grad School

13 Lee December 24, 2010 at 10:47 pm

I’m jealous of your big family! Mine is so small. Love the pjs too. Merry Christmas.
Lee recently posted..Itโ€™s Official

14 Aimee December 24, 2010 at 11:30 pm

52 people, wow! I actually drove by your house tonight on the way to my aunt’s house and saw all the cars. :)

Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

PS I’ve made that donut bread pudding before. Omg so good and so bad!

15 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 25, 2010 at 12:38 am

Wow what a delicious looking meal! And I SO miss being that young and getting SO excited!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Baking Extravaganza

16 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 25, 2010 at 2:00 am

Love the matching pj’s! :)
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

17 Nicole December 25, 2010 at 6:00 am

The chocolate cake with the green frosting is a black velvet? or something else? In any case looks like you had an amazing Christmas Eve, let the merriment continue!! Merry Christmas :)

18 ~Jessica~ December 25, 2010 at 6:16 am

Wow! What a spread. Your family definitely knows how to celebrate and you all look lovely together, particularly in that last shot. Adorable jammies.

Have a wonderful xmas.

19 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate December 25, 2010 at 8:25 am

Looks like a fantastic Christmas Eve!! :)
Happy Holidays!
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..See Sarah Make Unhealthy Delicious Treats

20 Sarah @ EatRunGarden December 25, 2010 at 8:42 am

Love the last photo!
So nice that you can spend time with the whole family. I think that’s one of the things that make the holidays great.
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..Merry Christmas Eve

21 Matt December 25, 2010 at 9:16 am

Merry Christmas!
Matt recently posted..Christmas Eve- Bama-Style

22 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 25, 2010 at 9:25 am

Merry Christmas!!! You have a HUGE family! :-)

23 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy December 25, 2010 at 9:55 am

Love the matching pajamas! That looks like a fun tradition to get the whole family together – what was that thing your dad was making with the injected meat??
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Race Recap โ€“ Reindeer Run 5K

24 amanda December 25, 2010 at 11:28 am

52? wowza! i am impressed by that number. like for real. i love it. what a jolly good time! merry, merry christmas.
amanda recently posted..the night before christmas!

25 Katie December 25, 2010 at 11:37 am

Merry Christmas!!!

WOW the krispy kreme dessert thing sounds awesome!!!

What a beautiful christmas eve!

Love the last pic of you guys!
Katie recently posted..Things I Know

26 Brittney December 25, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Ah, we do the Christmas crackers with the paper hats in my family sometimes too! They are fun! You, your mom, and sis look so cute in your matching PJs :) Merry Christmas Meghann!
Brittney recently posted..20 Miles on Christmas Eve

27 Paige @ Running Around Normal December 25, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Your family is just delightful! And krispy kreme bread pudding? Oh freaking yum!!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Christmas Eveโ€™s Pasts

28 Lacey @ Lake Life December 25, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Love this year’s PJ’s and Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding? I’m drooling even though I’m stuffed to the brim right now.

Merry Christmas!