A Chilly Christmas

by Meghann on December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Santa’s coming tonight! Are you excited? I know I am!! Hopefully he got that list I sent him a few weeks ago. πŸ˜‰

Santa didn’t come last night, but the North Pole sure did! I don’t have a real bed at my parents’ house (I sleep on an air mattress in my old room turned office), nor do I have a real blanket or pillow. Usually I can get away with a throw blanket during the night, but last night a cold front came through. I woke up in the wee hours of the morning shivering from the cold and had to track blankets down around the house. By the time morning rolled around I had FOUR blankets on top of me and was still freezing.

At least it feels like Christmas now. Long sleeve jammies, sweaters, and hot cocoa? Yes, please!

I was also able to pull the gloves out for my run this morning. I layered up and took off on a great 6.5 mile run around my parent’s neighborhood. My siblings did a 10 miler yesterday without me, so I was on my own. It was oddly peaceful, I love running around my old hometown.

I warmed up after my run with a cup of hot tea and some of Mom’s beautiful sausage and cheese quiche.

Nothing says Christmas like Mom’s quiche!

Some apple slices on the side

The table is set. (for 52!)

T-minus 3 hrs until the Christmas Eve festivities officially begin!

1 Lauren December 24, 2010 at 11:16 am

Oh my gosh, 52 really??? That is daunting but sounds fun!

2 Erika @ FoodFitnessFun December 24, 2010 at 11:17 am

You’re having 52 people over for Christmas?! Oh my gosh, that’s crazy! Good luck to you. The place settings look beautiful. πŸ™‚

3 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 24, 2010 at 11:19 am

52 people? omg! I dont think I know 52 people. kidding. But you know what i mean. WOW!! I hope you have a dishwasher. Or 5!

Have a wonderful celebration!!!!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Merry Christmas Eve! Are You Sugared Out

4 michelle December 24, 2010 at 11:21 am

That table looks gorgeous
michelle recently posted..Questions &amp Answers! part 1

5 Lauren December 24, 2010 at 11:23 am

52?! I thought ours was big with 25!
Lauren recently posted..O Christmas Tree!

6 colleen December 24, 2010 at 11:28 am

Wow 52 people in one room. We can’t get our 36 in one room.

7 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 24, 2010 at 11:29 am

Jumping on the bandwagon with 52!!!!! I can’t even imagine what that is like. I have a small family so when we have 10 table settings, that feels like a lot!! Merry Christmas!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Portia’s Semi-New Book- Unbearable Lightness

8 Laura December 24, 2010 at 11:30 am

Your large family always amazes me! We have a whopping 14 people in my family, and that’s including spouses and grandparents! lol I bet it’s a lot of fun to have that many people around for holidays. πŸ™‚
Laura recently posted..’twas the weekend before Christmas

9 heather C December 24, 2010 at 11:40 am

52??
Holy moly, give your Momma & Daddy props from me! πŸ™‚

I can only imagine how fun that is though! The chaos, the talking, laughter, family, friends, food, FUN πŸ™‚

Merry Christmas!

10 Matt December 24, 2010 at 11:41 am

Wow 52 people? Did you put Costco out of business? LOL.
Matt recently posted..Fajita Night

11 Hanna December 24, 2010 at 11:43 am

Would your mom share that quiche recipe:)?

12 Megan December 24, 2010 at 11:46 am

Your mom’s quiche looks amazing! Merry Christmas to you all!

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 24, 2010 at 11:50 am

WOW! I hope you have fun. Sounds like a great time with family.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What A Good Day!

14 Amy December 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm

52 people! That is awesome!! Have fun!!!
Amy recently posted..habit-forming

15 Christin@purplebirdblog December 24, 2010 at 12:13 pm

52 people?! What a jolly shindig you guys are going to have! And woooooo dishes!! πŸ˜€
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..A Lovely Date

16 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 24, 2010 at 12:17 pm

52? Oh my goodness! Yikes!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

17 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 24, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Sausage and cheese quiche! SIGN me up!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Happy Festivus!

18 Kelly December 24, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Everything looks great! Merry Christmas!
Kelly recently posted..Christmas Eve!

19 steph @ jobless in TX December 24, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I’d like to echo everyone elses’ sentiment and say 52 people?! Damn! We have a hard enough time for 6.
steph @ jobless in TX recently posted..How old are you

20 Sarah December 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm

This reminds me of my parents’ house, my Mom does dinner for about 35 and always sets the tables ahead of time. Merry Christmas!

21 Rachel December 24, 2010 at 1:54 pm

whoa, 52?!
It is nice to have some cold weather for Christmas and running around your childhood home must be a nice holiday treat.
Rachel recently posted..Figgy Whole Grain Gingerbread

22 Kate December 24, 2010 at 2:09 pm

WOAH I’ve never had a holiday get together that big!! Good luck! That quiche looks diiiiiivine.

23 Theodora December 24, 2010 at 2:31 pm

52?! Wow! Have fun!
Theodora recently posted..Ill Be Home For Christmas

24 Michelle December 24, 2010 at 2:43 pm

We’d probably have 50-60 people gather for Christmas at my grandmother’s every year when I was growing up. It’s so fun! However, we never had any kind of formal sit down. Kudos to you guys for doing all of that prep!
Michelle recently posted..White Chocolate &amp Cranberry Cookies

25 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 24, 2010 at 2:44 pm

52 people?! Sounds like it’s going to be fun!

26 Nicole December 24, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I love your holiday gatherings, can’t wait to see what’s in store for tonight!!

27 Lacey @ Lake Life December 24, 2010 at 3:39 pm

52?! That is quite the Christmas eve party! I always keep it low key, just me and my ‘rents drinking eggnog and watching “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” by the fire πŸ™‚
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 9

28 Val @ Balancing Val December 24, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Your family’s holidays look so warming yet professional, like you are dining at a high end restaurant! Can I be your long lost cousin? πŸ˜‰
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Christmas Eve Part I

29 Allie December 24, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Quiche and a table set for 52 sounds like a splendid day πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 09

30 Lorin December 24, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Wow 52 people?! I don’t think I’ve heard of that for xmas get together, but that sounds like a blast! I love when my cousins and aunt and uncles come down to stay with use for a few days, but it’s only 12 or 13 of us. Good luck to the people cooking, your mom and a few other of your siblings I’m guessing?

31 erica December 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm

52!?!?
WOW!!!! can’t wait to see pics! that’s a huge party!
erica recently posted..toomuchfood