more ยป" />

No More Chocolate!

by Meghann on December 23, 2010

I never thought I would say this, but I am chocolated out!

Between the chocolate peanut butter balls, chocolate covered peanut butter crackers, chocolate cake balls, chocolate peanut clusters, and all the finger licking in between – I would say I have officially reached my limit. I think my belly has reached it’s limit too.

No more chocolate, please! (ok, no more chocolate after Christmas. a girl has her priorities. )

Instead, let’s focus on the salty stuff. (or semi-salty stuff) Like this sweet potato dip I made this afternoon.

IMG_2022.JPG

Ok, so the dip wasn’t very salty, but the chips were that went in it. Love that sweet/savory combo!

IMG_2000.JPG

A few weeks ago Frito-Lay had challenged me to create a holiday inspired dip that would compliment their line of chips. I chose Fritos because, well, one can never go wrong with Fritos. ;)

IMG_1997.JPG

Sweet Potato Holiday Dip

• 2 medium Sweet Potatoes
  • 1 can White Beans
  • 1 small container of Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 tsp Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Cloves
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Black Pepper

IMG_2005.JPG

Cube the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave until soft ( took me 7 minutes on high). Once they are soft add them to a food processor with all of the above.

IMG_2009.JPG

Give it a whirl. :)

IMG_2012.JPG

Be sure to taste test straight out of the processor and add additional seasoning as you see fit.

IMG_2015.JPG

Serve in a fancy bowl and you’re done. :)

IMG_2018.JPG

I had a handful or two of chips with dip. Admittedly my family wasn’t a fan, but I was really digging the pumpkin-y taste this dip had to it. If you love that spicy flavor, then you will love this dip. :)

We had visitors for dinner this evening.

IMG_2092.JPG

It’s baby Lilly!! :)

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2083.jpg

Every time I hold her I’m reminded how little I know about babies. She started crying when I was holding her and instead of giving her back to her Mom right a way I started rocking her and put a binky in her mouth. It worked like a charm and I felt like doing a fist pump for winning the mini baby battle.

IMG_2079.JPG

You know how you feed a bunch of mouths with a vast variety of pickiness?

You order pizza.

IMG_2050.JPG

It’s an american classic, right?

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2030.jpg

I had two slices of the veggie with a side of greek salad.

IMG_2054.JPG

Uh-oh… it’s another crying baby!

IMG_2068.JPG

Man, this looks like a tough one.

IMG_2069.JPG

Let’s see here…

IMG_2073.JPG

That’s better. :)

I had to taste test a cake ball for dessert.

IMG_2095.JPG

And that’s when I realized I’ve reached my chocolate limit. Trust me, all those little nibbles and finger licks really add up and my tummy let me know it. Hopefully, the chocolate overload will subside before the morning. :)

*RAW MEAT AHEAD*

Before I go, my Dad wanted me to share some pictures of what he’s prepping for dinner tomorrow night. I believe his exact words were “Grab the camera, Meghann! This is blogging material!”

He’s so proud. :)

IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2109.JPG IMG_2112.JPG

Good Night!

1 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 23, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Looks like your dinner is going to be incredible!
And after baking all day, I know exactly what you mean..my tummy has had it’s sugar limit for the day!

2 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) December 23, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I’ve just about reached my cookie limit this year but am going to power through and keep eating them until Christmas, when things go back to normal. ;) It will be nice to get back to a cleaner diet but switching things up is fun, too!

3 BIOCHEMISTA December 23, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I have said that a few times already but….then I cave. hahaha I get sick of it for a .25 seconds it seems, haha

4 Lauren December 23, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I haven’t reached my chocolate limit but definitely my sugar limit. I may give up dough balls for the next few days (realistically probably not), but I’ll still eat some plain dark chocolate.

5 Su December 23, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Dude, wheres the warning for vegetarians? :(

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 23, 2010 at 11:41 pm

LOL.
Warning, animals were harmed in the making of this dinner.

7 Anne December 24, 2010 at 5:11 am

I second that, Su.

8 Danielle December 24, 2010 at 6:50 am

This is nothing worse than what you see in the meat section at the grocery store, which you walk by all the time. Get over it.

9 Anne December 25, 2010 at 2:35 am

Actually, I never walk by the meat section. There’s nothing around there I ever need!

10 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 23, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I think I am reaching my sweets limit too :) That dip looks so good… I happen to have all of those ingredients, too!

11 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 23, 2010 at 10:32 pm

The dip looks great, i love making dips…a can of beans plus spices/seasonings can go in sooo many diff directions. Good one on yours!

I am posting in the a.m. about being sugared/sweeted out. And that’s pretty much impossible for me. lol

12 Lacey @ Lake Life December 23, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Love you’re little “digging the chips” pun! Also love that your dad tells you to grab the camera to take photos for your blog. :-)

13 Ali December 23, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I haven’t had very much chocolate these past few days because I’m “saving up” for the overload that is bound to take place Christmas Eve and Day. It’s the best part :)

14 Krystina December 23, 2010 at 11:11 pm

That dip looks amaaaazing! and so healthy too. :D

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 23, 2010 at 11:13 pm

Haha… my dad says stuff like that to me all the time.;)

16 Loc December 24, 2010 at 12:27 am

Oh man, I’ve reached my limited for sugar for the year. Between all the cookies and chocolate I been eating I’m surprised I don’t need an insulin shot yet.

17 movesnmunchies December 24, 2010 at 1:33 am

woah first of all that sweet potato dip sounds so good! I’ve never heard ofsuch a thing.. second of all.. that is IMPOSSIBLE!! no one can ever be chocolate-d out!

18 Christin@purplebirdblog December 24, 2010 at 1:41 am

ZOMG, I need that dip in my life sooooo bad. And wow, your dad sure wasn’t joking! :D

19 Laura (Starloz) December 24, 2010 at 1:48 am

pizza is such an easy tasty meal, loves it.

the dip sounds interesting, i might have to try it.

your meat, woah, yummo

20 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 24, 2010 at 5:22 am

I’m trying to remember if I’ve ever thought I’ve had too much chocolate…nope! :P
Baby Lilly is SO cute!! I want her! :)

21 Kiran December 24, 2010 at 8:25 am

I can never have enough chocolates! I heart babies :) Weird combo, I don’t think so ;)

22 Caitlin December 24, 2010 at 9:57 am

Hahah I knew there was going to be a vegetarian fight in the comments section.

Can I adopt your family?

23 Courtney (Pancakes and Postcards) December 24, 2010 at 10:32 am

chocolated out? i get that way too. like earlier when i came home and there were warm peanut butter blossoms right out of the oven and i had two. then i felt sick. two minutes later i had another two. that made me feel better.