Home for the Holidays

by Meghann on December 23, 2010

Once again my Mom has outdone herself. My parents’ house is bursting with the spirit of Christmas.

IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1881.jpg

Christmas is almost here! Ahhh!!! πŸ™‚

Maddie and I arrived safely at my parents’ house this morning. Leaving a little after 10:00 meant a smooth ride with no traffic. Love that! πŸ™‚

We had a family outing to Publix to pick up a few last minute items and I grabbed a sub for lunch while we were there.

I saw an advertisement for their ‘Turkey Holiday Sub’ that came with Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Onions, and Lettuce.

All that was missing was mashed potatoes. πŸ˜‰

On the side I had a honeycrisp apple.

After lunch was when all the fun really began.

It’s baking time!

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_1917.jpg IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1946.JPG

(Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Crackers – TO DIE FOR! πŸ™‚ )

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG IMG_1956.JPG

Cake balls time!

1 Runeatrepeat December 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm

My cake balls were a disaster πŸ™

Merry Christmas! I think your mom is so cute πŸ™‚
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Running and Make Up

2 Su December 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Yes!! and Kelly looks exactly like her! πŸ™‚

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Wow, your mom has done an amazing job!! The house looks so cheery and festive! Enjoy the time with your family. πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Food &amp Friends

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Holy $#!+ that’s a lot of presents under that tree!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..get comfortable

5 Stefanie December 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Those peanut butter chocolate dipped crackers look ridiculous! I need to make those!

Merry Christmas! πŸ™‚

6 Rachel Wilkerson December 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm

WOW. Your parents’ house is so festive — love it!! That’s how it should be!
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Owning It- The Worst-Case Scenario

7 Angela December 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Oh my word, your parent’s house looks so beautiful! I am impressed!
Oh, and that sub looks really good!

8 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) December 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Meghann I love it.. We get to see my parents on Monday and am very excited about Santa coming.. Did you get our card before you left? I hope you have alot of fun cooking, laughing, playing, and resting.
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..It’s Almost Here

9 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 23, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Your parent’s house is so pretty! Have a good time being home πŸ™‚

10 Amy December 23, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Are those just … peanut butter crackers … dipped in chocolate???

OMG MUST EAT
Amy recently posted..habit-forming

11 Biz December 23, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Glad you got home safely. If I don’t stop by before Christmas – have a wonderful time with your family!
Biz recently posted..Happy 10th Anniversary Tony!

12 Vanessa December 23, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Those chocolate peanut butter crackers look amazing!!
Vanessa recently posted..We are Santa’s Elves…

13 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Those decorations look amazing! Love them! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

14 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 23, 2010 at 4:33 pm

The house is beautiful!!! That tree looks straight out of a magazine!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Happy Festivus!

15 amanda December 23, 2010 at 4:59 pm

how lovely! christmas is so cozy! i’m obsessed. and yummy treats add to the excitement. enjoy, relax and have a blast!

16 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] December 23, 2010 at 5:03 pm

πŸ™‚ Wow, they go all out! Ever since I started dating Ryan, I’m experiencing Christmas in a whole different way. His family goes all out too, but mine hasn’t even put up the tree in years. πŸ˜›

17 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 23, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Wow! It all looks so festive. And like a wonderful time.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What A Good Day!

18 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 23, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Your mom’s house is GORGEOUS! And those chocolate covered Ritz sound amazing!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..The Signs

19 Christin@purplebirdblog December 23, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Wow, your mom’s house defines Christmas spirit!! And yeah, chocolate covered PB Ritz ROCK THE HIZZY!!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..A Lovely Date

20 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Your mum’s house looks AMAZING! I thought our house was pretty decorative for us, but your family totally trumps ours! πŸ˜›
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Whole Foods missions!

21 Kaitlin December 23, 2010 at 5:35 pm

The house looks amazing! And Kelly looks so much like your mom. Have fun!
Kaitlin recently posted..2 weeks without running

22 Lacey @ Lake Life December 23, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I love that your mom matches her presents to her tree too! It looks as though Santa has already filled your stocking though. You must be a VIP!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 9

23 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life December 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Your parents’ house is absolutely GORGEOUS! Looks like it belongs in a magazine πŸ™‚
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..How To Dress Up Your Baked Good Gifts

24 Matt December 23, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Have fun at mom and dads house πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Fajita Night

25 Kate December 23, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I NEED THOSE CRACKERS.
Kate recently posted..A very quick post

26 Natalie O December 23, 2010 at 6:29 pm

First of all…the house looks awesome!

2nd of all… publix subs are the best!

3rd of all… those cookies are SO good. My friend makes them, calls them Decadence Cookies. I need to make those soon!

27 Angela December 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Is there a cake ball recipe out there?
Angela recently posted..To keep you enthralled

28 LauraJayne December 23, 2010 at 6:32 pm

The Christmas decorations look amazing! After heading home to my parents, I get to visit my extended family in Washington state for a week. Right now, I’m trying to figure out what to do on the 10 1/2 hour drive from Utah! Have a great Christmas!
LauraJayne recently posted..Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwiches and Apt 202 Love

29 Laura (Starloz) December 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm

what stunning christmas decorations, your family home is sooooooo festive.

i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Passing the blame

30 Katie December 23, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Your parents house loosk amazing. When all the kids moved out my mom started putting out one fake tree and thats it. Makes me excited to have a family so I have a reason to get a real tree.
Katie recently posted..Workout dilemma

31 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 23, 2010 at 7:19 pm

cake balls AND Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Crackers…I’ll take an order for 2 dozen, of each, please πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..DSLR Camera Ordered!

32 Lauren December 23, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Oh my gosh, your mom really has outdone herself. These pictures look like they are out of BHG. Tell her I said KUDOS on the decorating.
It’s so great to be home for Christmas! πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..The Greatest Act of Love is Acceptance and a TJs WINNER!!!

33 Molly December 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm

mmm Ritz crackers covered in chocolate are on my top ten favorite holiday cookies!

34 Liz December 23, 2010 at 8:24 pm

I love balacing out all the sweets with healthy sandwiches like those. I think it justifies all the sugar. πŸ™‚
Liz recently posted..Where are the Chocolate Chips

35 Ali December 23, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Your parent’s house looks beautiful!!! It’s so nice to be home for the holidays. Enjoy πŸ™‚
Ali recently posted..Celebrating 21 Years

36 Silvia @ skinny jeans food December 23, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Wow, your parents must have the best Christmas tree ever ! πŸ˜‰
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Vegan Kale Alfredo with Spaghetti and Cherry Tomatoes

37 Katie December 24, 2010 at 8:13 am

Your moms house look so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love seeing peoples christmas decor! She does a great job!!!

Yay for baking goodies!! They looks so good!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
Katie recently posted..Things I Know

38 Kiran December 24, 2010 at 8:27 am

I want some Christmas cookies. Those looks so delish.

39 Karen December 24, 2010 at 10:26 am

Wow – beautiful decorations! My Grandmother used to do choc dipped pnut butter crackers. You are right – to die for! One of those things that sounds weird but tastes soooo good.