Losing the ‘Mom’ Jeans

by Meghann on December 22, 2010

You know how I can tell Christmas is close? Because all my relatives are starting to pour in!

Including my cousin Jessica, whom I haven’t seen since June!

Jess is a mother of THREE! She barely has time to eat – let alone shop! – so for Christmas I told her I’d take her shopping for new clothes. She made me promise to get her out of her ‘Mom’ jeans. Mom jeans? Oh, I can definitely help with that!

Trust me, no Mom jeans here!

IMG_4059.jpg IMG_4060.jpg IMG_4061.jpg

I tried on some New Years outfits. Thoughts?

IMAG0398.jpg IMAG0399.jpg IMAG0400.jpg

We met my future sister in law (!!) at the mall.

And had lunch at Cheesecake Factory.

IMG_4062.JPG IMG_4063.JPG

Cheesecake Factory bread is a given, right?

I ordered two small plates.

Wild Mushroom Pizzette

Endive Salad.

It was all delish, but almost too light.

When we made it back home I had a cookie that Jess had made with her family last night.

and parsnip fries with ketchup!

Check this out

IMAG0401.jpg

No Mom jeans! Now that is what I call a sexy Mama!! Ow Ow!

1 Val @ Balancing Val December 22, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Can you take me shopping?

I like the sexy dress in the middle go for it! πŸ™‚
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Unplanned Sick Day

2 Amanda (Eating Up) December 22, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Cheesecake Factory brown bread is soooo good. Especially with butter!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..My Family’s Pantry Tales

3 Nancy-The Wife of a Dairyman December 22, 2010 at 7:58 pm

The butter IS a must….LOVE that brown bread at C.F.!! Now I’m craving it:)

4 Sara December 22, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Ah great outfit! And I like the skirt outfit for you if it’s less formal and the dress if your NYE plans are more formal πŸ™‚
Sara
Sara recently posted..Some friend…!!!!!!

5 Tami December 22, 2010 at 5:10 pm

where did you go to shop, i love her outfits!~
Tami recently posted..200!

6 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm

We hit up Forever 21, Anne Taylor Loft, American Eagle and Target. American Eagle is where i buy all my jeans – I love it there! πŸ™‚

7 Lorin December 22, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I just got my jeans from American Eagle for the first time as a Christmas present yesterday. I haven’t worn it, but I’ve heard good things about them.

8 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy December 22, 2010 at 5:12 pm

The first outfit with the ruffly skirt looks the best – super cute!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Race Recap – Reindeer Run 5K

9 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Nice! You would make a great personal shopper if you ever fancy a career change! πŸ˜›
I like the middle dress the best, but I guess it depends on what you’re doing for New Years…is it a dress up occasion or not? But they’re all gorgeous outifts regardless πŸ™‚
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..A Very Vegan Christmas

10 Alaina December 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm

You look gorgeous in dress #2!

11 Holly December 22, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Depends on your NYE plans, but you look great in the dress in the middle–if your plans are not as formal, the skirt is too cute too. So yeah, ditto Sara above πŸ™‚

12 Julia December 22, 2010 at 5:16 pm

What a fun shopping trip!
I love the outfit you helped Jess pick out πŸ™‚
I haven’t decided what to wear for NYE yet either, dresses are always a good choice, I think.

13 Rachel December 22, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Love the dress in the middle! Also, thank goodness for technology! We’re stuck in traffic in Maryland on our way to Delaware & I can keep myself occupied reading your blog, among other things, on my BlackBerry. Eric is driving, not me in case anyone thought I was being crazy & unsafe!

14 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Tell Eric to drive safe! Have a great Christmas! πŸ™‚

15 Sarah for Real December 22, 2010 at 5:18 pm

She picked some very cute jeans. Love that dark wash. Where are they from?

16 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:06 pm

American Eagle! They’re the artist fit. They have the best jeans. πŸ™‚

17 Laura @ Backstage Pass December 22, 2010 at 5:18 pm

My vote is for the dress in the middle. very elegant.
Nice job helping your Cousin pick out some new duds. Those jeans are super cute!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Glambassador Review- Olay luscious embrace Beauty Bar

18 Anna @ History Running Girl December 22, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I love the skirt, but it totally depends on your plans.

I need to figure out what to wear.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Let’s Talk Friends

19 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) December 22, 2010 at 5:34 pm

i like the dress the best, the red skirt second best. πŸ™‚
Alison (Fueling for Fitness) recently posted..Soul Soothing Split Pea Soup

20 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 22, 2010 at 5:39 pm

You could take me shopping! I need fashion advice πŸ™‚

21 Mary December 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Cute outfit on your cousin! It’d look super cute with a long necklace πŸ™‚

I really like the first outfit you picked out for new years. It’s most flattering on you.
Mary recently posted..Love yourΒ β€œgirls”

22 Lo December 22, 2010 at 5:52 pm

outfit number 2! it shows off every awesome curve!

lo

23 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 22, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Light at the Cheesecake Factory? I’ve never experienced that, but I haven’t been there in ages…that pizette looks amazing! Enjoy the time with your fam πŸ™‚
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Pump it up!

24 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 22, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Mom jeans are not a good look and one I certainly hope to never rock as a soon to be mother of 2. GAH!

She looks great in what you both picked out!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What A Good Day!

25 erica December 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm

i love the middle dress!!!
erica recently posted..toomuchfood

26 Christin@purplebirdblog December 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I love her outfit in that last picture! You are so sweet for doing that for her!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Holy Sea Cow!

27 suki @ [Super Duper Fantastic] December 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Hot mom! πŸ™‚

I like the second outfit if you are going somewhere fancier. Did you decide on plans, or have I just missed it amongst all the posts? πŸ™‚

28 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:07 pm

No plans for New Years yet. shopping just in case we do something fun.

29 MegaNerd December 23, 2010 at 7:51 am

I have no New Years plans yet either… let me know if you hear of something fun to do, and I’ll do the same!
MegaNerd recently posted..Setting the Pace

30 Megan December 22, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I love the first outfit you have on and your cousin looks great!

31 ezzie December 22, 2010 at 6:35 pm

That cheesecake factory bread is so. yummy.
And the dress in the middle is gorgeous~!

32 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm

She can shop with me anytime! I am a mom and don’t wear “mom jeans” either…no way! Moms dont have to look like grandmas…haha!

She looks phenomenal πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Bargain Food- Working Vacations- Pool Pics

33 Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook December 22, 2010 at 6:54 pm

That’s awesome of you to spoil your cousin! Every busy person should have a family member or a friend like you to remind us that we need to spoil ourselves sometimes. hehe! And woohoo!!! No more mama jeans!!

34 Marg December 22, 2010 at 7:07 pm

She looks great! Love those jeans on her!

For you I love the middle dress, the first is nice too.

35 Allison @ PickyEatingRD December 22, 2010 at 7:09 pm

FYI.. so glad I discovered your blog I love it!!

I like the red skirt!!!
Allison @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..The Weather Outside Is Weather

36 Dori December 22, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Black dress!!!! I hope you bought it, it fits you perfectly and you look so sexy. LOVE Cheesecake Factory and their bread… Mmmmm…
Dori recently posted..Core Fusion Bootcamp DVD Review Giveaway

37 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I love that black dress!!!! Super adorable! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

38 AnneWF December 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I like the middle dress best. The strapless one. Pick up a cute shrug to put over it if you get chilly and you are all set.

39 Alyssa December 22, 2010 at 7:57 pm

You have two brothers right? So is the future sister-in-law marrying your non-twin brother? I get so confused! πŸ™‚

40 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:08 pm

It’s my little brother (non-twin) who is getting married. πŸ™‚

41 Alyssa December 22, 2010 at 10:38 pm

yay congrats to him and your guys’ families!!!

42 Sarah December 22, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I have the 2 tone purple tank top you tried on and love it! I always get compliments when I wear it!
Sarah recently posted..Prancing About

43 Ann December 22, 2010 at 9:09 pm

That’s so nice of you to help out your cousin! I like both the dress and red skirt but I guess it depends on how fancy you need to go. The mushroom pizzette looks good. I can never figure out what to get at Cheesecake Factory (I’m not good with huge menus- they overwhelm me), so I’ll probably try that next time!

44 Laura (Starloz) December 22, 2010 at 10:02 pm

i love the red shirt & the middle dress. they are both awesome.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Passing the blame

45 michelle December 22, 2010 at 10:07 pm

I love all those outfits.
michelle recently posted..2010 – Running

46 Danielle December 22, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I could eat the entire loaf of bread by myself at the cheesecake factory. : )
Danielle recently posted..Tell me I cant

47 Nikky December 22, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I like dress #2 on you it fits you perfectly!….your cousin looks so much like your mom…is that her twins daughter?

48 Meghann December 22, 2010 at 10:38 pm

yes it is.

49 Lacey @ Lake Life December 22, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I love the pink and black dress you tried on for NYE. What are your plans?
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 9

50 Brittney December 23, 2010 at 9:08 am

Nice work! Your cousin looks fab in those new jeans! And you look cute in those dresses Meghann!
Brittney recently posted..FAIL- sorta

51 Patamery December 23, 2010 at 11:12 am

Nice Meghann, Jessica really needed that. She looks even more amazing than before πŸ™‚

52 Melanie December 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I like the first outfit with the red skirt! SO cute!