Annual Passholders Rock

by Meghann on December 22, 2010

One of the reasons why I love having an annual pass to Universal is the ability to pop in to visit the parks when ever I wish. Like when friends come to visit and the only free time they have to see me is at the park. Having a pass then works out perfectly. πŸ™‚

A few weeks ago Erica messaged me letting me know she was visiting Orlando over the holidays and wondering if I had a free minute to meet in person. I’ve been reading Erica’s blog (Itzys Kitchen) for as long as I’ve been writing my own. Of course I wanted to meet in person! πŸ™‚

I met Erica and her family for dinner at Margaritaville. They picked my brain about what it’s like being an Orlando local and I ate a bowl of Gumbo.

Erica was just as sweet and kind in person as she seems on her blog. She has a WONDERFUL family and I was so happy to have the chance to meet them all!

After dinner we headed to the Islands of Adventures and I snuck some gorgeous photos of all the pretty lights.

IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1806.jpg IMG_1807.jpg IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1820.JPG IMG_1810.JPG

We tried to go into Harry Potter, but there was too long of a weight. I can’t believe how crazy it is to get in there still. Now i see why my brother wanted all of us there so early on Monday. He’s a smart man, my brother.

I just got home a few minutes ago and nibbled on some peppermint bark and a marathon cookie.

Now it’s time for bed.

Good night!

(3 days til Christmas!)

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 22, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Definitely one of the perks of being a passholder! I wish I had annual passes to Disney but they are too expensive!!! πŸ™
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

2 Molly December 22, 2010 at 10:49 pm

It seems like you get all the fun visitors down there πŸ™‚ I mean, with 34 inches of snow Im baffled as to why no one comes to Minnesota by choice πŸ˜‰
Molly recently posted..Hello World –

3 Sana December 22, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I don’t even know what gumbo is, but I want some!

4 Christin@purplebirdblog December 22, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I can practically taste all those delicious green onions on top of that gumbo! MmmmMMMmm!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Barney Butternut Bean Bliss

5 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 22, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I miss having an annual pass to Disneyland πŸ™ Especially this time of year!

6 Lacey @ Lake Life December 22, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Do you have any more pics of the Dr Seuss Grinchmas decorations? They look so neat!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 9

7 Laura (Starloz) December 22, 2010 at 11:35 pm

ohhhhhh, disney is fun.

gumbo, hmmmm, sounds interesting
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Passing the blame

8 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 22, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Ive been reading Erica’s blog for almost 2 years and have gotten to “know” her pretty well in all our emails and chats! I would LOVE to meet her in person! and of course you too πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Bargain Food- Working Vacations- Pool Pics

9 Lauren December 23, 2010 at 6:36 am

Ahhh, LOVE Erica!!!!! What a great night with a sweet girl. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..The Greatest Act of Love is Acceptance and a TJs WINNER!!!

10 Jen December 23, 2010 at 7:26 am

Love the Christmas decoration pictures!

Jen
Jen recently posted..Nogmeal

11 Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 23, 2010 at 9:04 am

so jealous you got to meet erica!!!!! i’m so glad you guys had a good time!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Skinny-Fat Are We

12 See Lo Run December 23, 2010 at 9:38 am

How the heck do you eat HALF a cookie, or 1/2 cup of ice cream!?!?! I am baffled, girl!

Oh wait, is THAT what self control means? I’m not familiar with it. πŸ™‚
See Lo Run recently posted..Where’s the Wagon I Need to Climb Back On

13 Meghan@travelwinedine December 23, 2010 at 11:31 am

I love Erica! I met her in Boston this summer, and she is so sweet. Love her blog too.

14 Kacy December 23, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I’ve never been to Orlando πŸ™ Seems like it would be so awesome to be that close to it! And the gumbo looks quite delicious!
Kacy recently posted..Salad 18- Coolgreens again

15 Erica December 23, 2010 at 8:04 pm

SO great to meet you πŸ™‚ The fam was raving about you the whole night. Jenny and Jeremy finally got on Harry Potter and said it was fabulous. Jenny also got a scarf and an adorable wand. Thank you for all the great Orlando tips. Enjoy your christmas πŸ˜‰
Erica recently posted..M- Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast with Roasted Vegetables