Four more days til Christmas!

by Meghann on December 21, 2010

Four more days til Christmas!

Four more days til Christmas!

Four more days til Christmas!

I think I officially reached Christmas overload this weekend.  In the last 72 hours I’ve watched over a dozen Christmas movies. What can I say? I’m a sucker for cheesy Lifetime Movies, ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas, and other holiday classics.

Admittedly my favorite Christmas movie of all time (and the one I make a point to watch at least twice over the holiday season) is the original Santa Clause.

We’ll just pretend they never made a Santa Clause 2 or 3 because those don’t even compare to the original! 😉

Of course, no Holiday season is complete without the 24 hour Christmas Story marathon on TBS every Christmas Day.

#Fun Fact: The first time I watched A Christmas Story was when I was in college. Who knew I was missing so much?

What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

I was up early ready to run this morning. I’ve been cutting back lately to give my body a break, but there’s something about a 5 mile run before the sun rises that still puts a pep in my step these days.

At one point during the run I was breathing pretty hard and thinking to myself ‘Mans this is tough. How did I get this out of shape so quickly?’ Then the mile on my garmin beeped and I realized I had just ran an 8:05 mile. Woops. How did that happen? So much for taking it easy.

It was cold, so breakfast was hot. Hot apples to be exact.

IMG_1606

One large apple microwaved for 2 minutes with a big scoop of almond butter and cinnamon. Topped with plain yogurt, raisins, and granola.

IMG_1603

IMG_1611

Today is my last day in the office before X-mas break officially begins! Whose with me?

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

I watched all 3 Santa Clause movies last week (and still think the 1st is the best!!) Tomorrow it’s early Christmas celebrations with the roomies and Love Actually (all time fave!!!)
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Food &amp Friends

2 melissa December 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

wow very jealous! enjoy the break!

3 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 21, 2010 at 10:39 am

My favourite Christmas movie is A Muppet Christmas Carol. My husband bought it for me this year! Yay!

http://gamereviewwiki.com/bikinibirthday/2010/12/13/good-sidebad-side/ ?
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Gingerbread House

4 Andrea December 21, 2010 at 10:40 am

So jealous! I have to work until the 23rd, but then I’m off until January 4th.
Have a great Christmas!

5 Marg December 21, 2010 at 10:42 am

I love Elf! Enjoy your break!

6 Emily G. December 21, 2010 at 11:40 am

Ohh!! Elf is my FAVORITE! Watch it every year!!

7 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) December 21, 2010 at 10:51 am

I agree, the original Santa Clause is the best….I’ve only seen #2 and #3 on the past few weeks…I’m holding out for the original….! Yum, cinnamon apples look yummy!
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Who Dat!

8 Christin@purplebirdblog December 21, 2010 at 10:51 am

Have a nice break! I will be working pretty much every day, but I don’t have class so I’ll count that as my downtime! 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Hugh Jass to the Rescue!

9 Anna @ History Running Girl December 21, 2010 at 10:52 am

I’m working until Thursday. And we are supposed to get hit with a bad storm starting Thursday so I hope I can make it home!!

Stupid snow.

My favorite Christmas movie is either Rudolph (the claymation one), the Nightmare before Christmas, or Love Actually.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Winter Movie Line Up

10 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate December 21, 2010 at 11:02 am

My favorite classic Christmas movie is definitely “It’s a Wonderful Life”. 🙂
My favorite non-traditional Christmas movie is “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”. Doesn’t get much better than that. 🙂
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..No Words

11 Biz December 21, 2010 at 11:04 am

It’s my Friday too – woot! My favorite movie of all time is It’s A Wonderful Life. One time in college, I may have had too much to drink. My roommates friend was over and we were talking about Christmas movies, and he had never heard of It’s A Wonderful Life!

I then proceeded to do the whole movie, all the dialogue for every character and every time I stopped he’d say – keep going! It took me over an hour to tell the movie (I may have cut out some parts).

Good times! 😀
Biz recently posted..Weekend Recap and First WW Weigh In!

12 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 21, 2010 at 11:07 am

I’m working through Thursday, but then I don’t have to come back until January 4! My favorite Christmas movies as The Santa Clause (the first is most definitely the best) and Elf.
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..a couple firsts

13 Amy December 21, 2010 at 11:08 am

My favorite is definitely the Muppet Christmas Carol, but I always love to watch White Christmas too. I want to live in that movie.

I’m working through Thursday. 🙁 And not looking forward to it. I wish I had a nice long break!
Amy recently posted..when you are old

14 Emily December 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

I would say I’m jealous – today’s my Thursday – but after tomorrow I’m off work for 10 whole days. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

15 Sarah for Real December 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

I love the Santa Clause! I also like the 90’s version of Miracle on 34th Street and It’s a Wonderful Life.

I hate A Christmas Story. It doesn’t give me those warm fuzzies like real Christmas movies. Just irritates me.

16 Ashley December 21, 2010 at 11:19 am

The Santa Claus was my favorite Christmas movie when I was younger, but now I have to watch the 24hr Christmas Story marathon every year.
Ashley recently posted..Present Traditions

17 sweeter salt December 21, 2010 at 11:23 am

The first time I watched A Christmas Story was when I was in college too. Honestly, I didn’t love it. Maybe it’s because I didn’t see it until I was an adult, but I just don’ t find it all that great.

Christmas Vacation on the other hand – brilliance.

Laura
sweeter salt recently posted..Ch-ch-Check me out

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 21, 2010 at 11:33 am

A Christmas Story is my favorite! For the 20 year anniversary, they played it at a theater near my house and some of the cast showed up 🙂

19 Rachel December 21, 2010 at 11:36 am

It’s a Wonderful Life and Love Actually are two of my all time favorite movies, great for the holidays and all year! Today is my last day at work, but tomorrow I’m getting up at 3am to drive 15 hours to Delaware. Thankfully, I have an awesome fiancé (I think that’s only like the 2nd time I’ve used that word!) who will be doing most of the driving. Have a great Christmas with your family!

20 Matt December 21, 2010 at 11:37 am

Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite! So good 😉
Matt recently posted..Black Bean Burgers

21 Morgan December 21, 2010 at 11:45 am

A Christmas Story is a must-see in my family due to my brother and cousin being in it for all of 5 seconds. I also work in the square where the parade was filmed. I also love Love, Actually (although that’s year-round movie for me) and Shop Around the Corner.
Morgan recently posted..Cookie Baking Day

22 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 21, 2010 at 11:57 am

Enjoy your LAST day of work! That’s SUCH a great feeling! I remember mine..the countdown to it. I worked 23 days in a row, including Thanksgiving, just to get my precious 3 weeks off…in a row. Which is what Im doing now: vacation!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Pool Pictures- Winter Solstice- Tips for Free Goodies

23 Kelly December 21, 2010 at 11:58 am

Lucky you! I still have to get through tomorrow and a half day Friday!
Kelly recently posted..It’s a Holiday Party!

24 Kacy December 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

For me it will always be Christmas Vacation. LOVE!

25 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 21, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Every time I turn the TV on, it’s Santa Clause 2! It’s never the original. It’s never that adorable movie with the Macy’s Santa from the 50s. And what happened to Home Alone? Get your act together, television!
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Staff Party

26 Lindsey December 21, 2010 at 12:24 pm

It’s so hard to pick just one favorite Christmas movie! My top 3 are Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, and Love Actually. I guess if I had to choose, I’d choose White Christmas because it’s such a classic 🙂
Lindsey recently posted..Nut Butter Obsession

27 Kiran December 21, 2010 at 12:51 pm

The Santa Clause original! No 2nd or 3rd versions can ever top that 😀 Happy Hols and New Year 🙂
Kiran recently posted..My favorite kitchen gadgets

28 Heather @ Side of Sneakers December 21, 2010 at 12:52 pm

What?! When did Christmas get so close?!
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..Christmas Chaos Commences

29 Hope December 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm

You are lucky! Tomorrow is my Friday and then I have off on Thursday and Friday! 🙂 Yay!
Hope recently posted..The Event That Wasn’t &amp A Light Show…

30 Vikki December 21, 2010 at 12:56 pm

White Christmas! It is a must. Snow, Snow, Snow (hums that incredibly catchy tune)

31 Lacey @ Lake Life December 21, 2010 at 12:58 pm

My favorite is definitely A Christmas Story, followed closely by National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!

32 KristineFitness December 21, 2010 at 1:05 pm

My all time favorite Christmas movies are are the Home Alone (1 and 2) movies 😀

Merry Christmas!
xox

33 Mimi December 21, 2010 at 1:07 pm

One thing I really like about college is the extra long Christmas break!
I don’t know if I have a favorite Christmas movie. I used to LOVE “Jingle All The Way,” but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t qualify as a “classic.”

I haven’t even seen “The Christmas Story” to completion, so maybe I’m missing something there!
Mimi recently posted..Cranberries and nuts

34 Shanna, like Banana December 21, 2010 at 1:12 pm

My faves are:

A Christmas Story
Home Alone (1)
National Lampoon Christmas Vacation
Elf

🙂
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Surrounding myself with Christmas spirit

35 amyt December 21, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Top is A Christmas Story
then, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation…love Cousin Eddie LOL

36 Corey @ the runner's cookie December 21, 2010 at 1:44 pm

🙂 I love the Santa Clause – also Love Actually and Charlie Brown Christmas.
Can’t wait to be done with work this week!!

37 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Love Christmas time! We watched Elf recently. Such a fun xmas movie!

38 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 21, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I LOVE ABC’s 25 Days of Christmas. We don’t get ABC Family anymore though and I’m so bummed to be missing out on all the fun holiday movies.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What A Good Day!

39 Katherine: Unemployed December 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Such a good christmas movie! love it
Katherine
Katherine: Unemployed recently posted..Laura Ingalls

40 Katy @ A Healthy Shot December 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Lucky!! I work until Thursday.
My favorite Christmas movie is definitely The Santa Clause! Or Christmas Vacation …or Charlie Brown…or White Christmas…. or It’s A Wonderful Life…or Rudolph. Ok, I can’t pick just one 😉 I never saw A Christmas Story until college either!

41 jenna@frombostonwithlove December 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I really enjoy Love Actually, but you can’t go wrong with White Christmas. It is the best of the classics in my opinion!

42 Jen December 21, 2010 at 3:01 pm

The original Santa Clause is the best, I don’t even watch the other 2. My brothers and everyone are all staying with my mom on christmas eve and christmas day (it’s our first christmas since my dad passed away) and we have decided after we put the munchkins to bed we are watching A Christmas Story while setting up Santa gifts. I can’t wait!

I’m currently watching Home Alone with my kids, Santa Clause is next 🙂

Jen
Jen recently posted..Soccerzone

43 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run December 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I love Scrooged, but I haven’t seen it in so long. My husband, with the bad taste, loves Jingle All the Way. (Not that I have another husband with good taste. Except in women. hee)
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..For Peeps Sake

44 Rose December 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I just watched Love Actually last night with a handsome fella. Good date night indeed 🙂 and perfect for the upcoming holiday.
Rose recently posted..2010- Year in Review

45 Angela December 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I love the Santa Clause! Doesn’t look like it’s on UK TV this Christmas though as I can only find 2 & 3 in the schedules 🙁 Might need to brave the shops and find it on DVD.

46 Stephanie December 21, 2010 at 4:49 pm

My favorite Christmas Movie is definitely White Christmas!
Stephanie recently posted..Mushroom Stroganoff

47 Alyssa December 21, 2010 at 5:32 pm

The Santa Clause!!! And yeah, we should definitely pretend they never made the sequels 😉 BUT, Love Actually is in a pretty close tie, though it’s not technically a Christmas movie…

We always have TBS on for A Christmas Story!

48 Amy (adore today) December 21, 2010 at 6:23 pm

The b-fast looks super yummy! Great idea….I’ll have to try that tomorrow morning!

49 Vanessa December 21, 2010 at 11:46 pm

A Christmas Story!! I love when they play it for 24 hours!! º
Vanessa recently posted..Cuckoo

50 Marika December 22, 2010 at 2:35 am

I’d have to say “Love Actually” and “It’s a Wonderful Life”. And– confession time– I’ve never seen “A Christmas Story” in its entirety. I know it involves a leg lamp and a BB gun and a kid with glasses… um, that’s pretty much the extent of my knowledge of the film :-).
Marika recently posted..My first homemade pumpkin pie in pictures