more ยป" />

The Video

by Meghann on December 20, 2010

Obviously there’s no way the rest of my day could compare to this.

165508_10150112854605797_746835796_7942134_7876529_n.jpg

But, really – how could it? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, and in case you missed it – here’s the video version of the proposal (please ignore my giggling/sobbing in the background)

Unfortunately I had told a little fib when I made Ashley believe I had the day off today. Truth be told I had simply warned my boss I was going to be a little late. Once everything was said and done I was in the office by 10:30. Let me tell you, it’s extremely hard to sit at a desk after so much excitement so early in the day.

Once back at my desk I had a thing of crackers to munch on.

Lunch was late.

I had a few things that needed to be taken care of and the idea of eating oddly escaped me. Weird. Around 2:00 I finally went home to make a quesadilla filled with left over Black Bean & Pineapple Enchilada filling

And the other half of my apple from breakfast on the side.

Cookie #2 of the day was a stocking gingerbread cookie from last night.

Lots of icing = awesome.

Dinner tonight was lovely.

I’ve had a spagetti squash on my stove top for what seems like forever now. And by forever I mean 3 or 4 weeks. It didn’t appear to be rotting or going bad, so I assumed it was ok.

I baked the squash and shredded it with a fork. For the topping I cooked up some marinara sauce, chicken sausage, carrots, asparagus, and mushrooms on the stove top, then finished the dish with a heavy sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

Anyone else have problems with half burnt toast coming out of the toaster? Just me?

Cookie # 3 (if you count cake balls as cookies? ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

It was my last cake ball from my secret stash too. I purchased all the ingredients to make more for Christmas eve. Can’t wait!

When my sister was over last night she informed me that the cake balls appear larger in person than she thought they appeared on the blog.

This was the best I could do for a point of reference.

I can assure you these cake balls are a healthy size. No need to be stingey here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m wiped. It’s 8:00pm and I am more than ready for bed.

Good night!

1 Kath Younger December 20, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Not a good point of reference since those candles come in about 10 sizes ranging from golfball to football!
Kath Younger recently posted..Ring In A New Year

2 Meghann December 20, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I know, I realized that. ๐Ÿ™ But it was really the only thing I could find that somewhat made sense. lol

3 Alex December 21, 2010 at 1:04 pm

It says 3.7 oz on the front.

4 Amanda (Eating Up) December 20, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Those cake balls are bigger than I thought! And looks like you may need a new toaster!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Iโ€™d Climb A Mountain for These Cookies

5 Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss December 20, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I’m with Amanda: Splurge on a new toaster.

Those cake balls look fantastic, no matter what their size. I only recently discovered Oreo Balls … I think I have a new ball to add to my repertoire.
Arlene @ Adventures in Weight Loss recently posted..Mint chocolate

6 Angela December 20, 2010 at 8:19 pm

So does everyone get to go through the wand selection process or did you guys set it up so that she would be chosen?
Angela recently posted..Cinnamon Play dough Ornaments

7 Sana December 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Sucks that you had to work today! But you can celebrate with the happy couple later on!
Sana recently posted..Sleep-in Saturday

8 Briana December 20, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Those cake balls look amazing. And they look so festive like little snowballs! I think I will have to make them… but only when I have company so that I don’t consume them all myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Ashley December 20, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I thought those cake balls were tiny but glancing at my own candle they are quite larger than I thought. The engagement is so exciting. It’s such a cute way to propose!
Ashley recently posted..Present Traditions

10 Lauren December 20, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I am so happy you got this on camera. Honestly, this is the cutest engagement story ever. The other day, I was at a buffet and some guy proposed to his girlfriend at the salad bar. No joke! I was thinking, are you serious??? This guy should have gotten tips from your brother. What a romantic! ๐Ÿ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Second Chance Winner and a NEW Trader Joes Christmas Giveaway!

11 Lacey @ Lake Life December 20, 2010 at 8:33 pm

So cool that you got that on tape! Ashley and your bro must be on cloud 9!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 20, 2010 at 8:34 pm

That video is ADORABLE! I was beaming from ear to ear when I saw it! ๐Ÿ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And Iโ€™m a Guest Blogger!

13 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 20, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Your tweet today inspired me to watch milliiions of proposals on youtube- so addicitng!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Operation Beautiful

14 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 20, 2010 at 8:35 pm

That video is so cute!

15 Nicci (NiftyEats) December 20, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Cake balls are the best!! Love the video, that is super sweet.
Nicci (NiftyEats) recently posted..Holy Leopard Spots

16 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm

“I can assure you these cake balls are a healthy size. No need to be stingey here. ”

OMG I Just made oreo balls. Oreos + Cream Cheese for the balls, then homemade chocolate dipping for the outer coating. I was almost going to do white choc, THEN dark choc but the balls would have approached baseball size. I posted about this ๐Ÿ™‚ Not that baseball sized oreo or cake balls are a bad thing or anything…. ๐Ÿ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Happy Birthday!

17 Caroline December 20, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Where did the proposal take place?

18 Shanna, like Banana December 20, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I had a spaghetti squash sitting for about 3 weeks and I opened it up and it started sprouting form within..all the seeds were bursting with these worm-like sprouts. Sorta ruined spag squash for me for the rest of the year =(
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Surrounding myself with Christmas spirit

19 steph December 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I also want to know: did your brother arrange it so she’d be chosen or was it a lucky coincidence? Either way, it’s wonderful you caught it on video!

20 Paige @ Running Around Normal December 20, 2010 at 10:10 pm

How amazing that you captured that moment on video! And your giggling is TOO cute.
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..The Obligatory Early Christmas Gift

21 Rachael December 20, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I am a sucker for love stories -there seem to be bunch of them circulating around the blog world today. The full moon, perhaps?
Congrats to your brother and thanks for sharing the warm fuzzies!

22 Dee December 20, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Awww – what a sweet video! Congrats to your brother and his fiance again!
Dee recently posted..These are my confessionsโ€ฆ

23 Christin@purplebirdblog December 21, 2010 at 12:11 am

Is that the small Yankee Candle or a bigger one, lol?! ๐Ÿ™‚
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Hugh Jass to the Rescue!

24 Kiran December 21, 2010 at 12:24 am

Awesome proposal! Congrats once again!
Kiran recently posted..My favorite kitchen gadgets

25 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) December 21, 2010 at 1:29 am

Ha! Ha! The toast makes me laugh. I just bought a spaghetti squash and am excited to use it!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Inhaling Snow

26 Marina December 21, 2010 at 2:14 am

I was going awwww during the video ๐Ÿ˜€ Awesome
Marina recently posted..troubled heart

27 Mandy December 21, 2010 at 6:25 am

Haha, when he gets down on his knee you can hear every woman in the room go “awwwwwwwwww.”

28 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy December 21, 2010 at 7:31 am

I totally just cried a little before work this morning – Ashley looked so surprised!!!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Cold Weather Has Turned My Universe Upside Down

29 Lee December 21, 2010 at 8:06 am

So cute! She looks totally surprised!

30 Hope December 21, 2010 at 8:06 am

That is such a cute proposal and so romantic! ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..The Event That Wasnโ€™t &amp A Light Showโ€ฆ

31 Mimi December 21, 2010 at 8:25 am

The movie gives me chills! So cute… Congrats to your brother and to-be sister-in-law!
Mimi recently posted..Cranberries and nuts

32 Rachael December 21, 2010 at 8:41 am

Fighting back tears at work this morning!! I would have sounded exactly like you in the video.. haha

Congrats to your brother and soon-to-be-sister-in-law!!

33 Ali December 21, 2010 at 11:48 am

That video is adorable!!!! I would have had a hard time sitting still after that too. I wish all the love and happiness to your brother and his future wife. Being married is the best!
Ali recently posted..Strange Dreamsโ€ฆ

34 Allie December 21, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Yay for Christmas spirit! I seriosuly had goosebumps while watching the video of your brother!!!
Allie recently posted..My life in 30 days- day 05

35 Lynn December 21, 2010 at 4:24 pm

It’s definitely your toaster…I had the same one as you and it’s a piece of junk! A new one should fix your problem.

36 Katie December 21, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Ohhh what a sweet sweet proposal! And how awesome that you have it on camera for everyone to watch again in the future! I totally wish I had video or photos of when my husband proposed to me!!!
Katie recently posted..Truffles with a kick