more ยป" />

Orlando’s Giordano’s

by Meghann on December 18, 2010

I was channeling Britney Spears while shopping today.

IMAG0384.jpg

Too much? ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, yeah. Heading to the outlet malls the Saturday before Christmas? Not the smartest decision we’ve ever made. Derek and I were able to tie up some loose ends, but I’m not sure the headache of finding a parking spot was worth it.

Oh well.

At least we’re done now!

I did take a minor detour to Lululemon where I fell in love with a fun jacket. ($39!)

IMAG0385.jpg

And a fun new shirt. ($24!)

IMAG0387.jpg IMAG0386.jpg

I <3 Outlets!

The deal was I could spend an hour in the Lululemon Outlet and Derek could pick where we went to lunch.

After raving about the great pizza I had in Chicago earlier this year, I’ve had several people inform me that the same stuffed pizza I fell in love with at Giordano’s is also available in Orlando.

Derek has never been to Chicago and after hearing those same rumors, he had to check out the great pizza for himself.

I was really surprised when we arrived close to 1:00 and had no wait for a table. Of course, there was still the traditional 35 minute wait for the stuffed pizza, so we started with a Greek salad to share.

The Spinach stuffed pizza came out just as I remembered: thing crust, piled high with cheese, and still steaming.

I had two pieces of our small pizza.

It was good, but for some reason it wasn’t as good as it was in Chicago. Maybe it was the atmosphere? The lack of spinach? Slightly different origin of ingredients? I guess nothing can beat the original.

Derek loved it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Now, I need to take him to Chicago to compare the two. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I get to experience one of my Christmas presents tonight. Yes, it’s an experience – not a wrapped present.

Any guesses?

1 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 December 18, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Giordano’s!!! LOVE.
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..almond hot chocolate!

2 Amber December 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Maybe he’s making you dinner and dancing under the moonlight with you..;)

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 18, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I’m not normally a pizza person but my heart just skipped a beat or two when I saw that slice! (I’m being completely serious too!)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And Iโ€™m a Guest Blogger!

4 Mari December 18, 2010 at 4:47 pm

As a Chicagoan, I have to say nothing beats the original! Other cities try to match up but its not the same. Even within IL certain chains have a suburban outlet and it doesn’t match the “city” version! Check out Lou Malnati’s for deep dish next time you come to Chicago.
Mari recently posted..Hot Chocolate 15K – Last Race for 2010!

5 Regina December 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Holy yum that looks amazing! I have to say, you and Derek make such a cute couple!!
Regina recently posted..Naughty or Nice

6 Sana December 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I hope you have fun tonight!!

7 Jessica December 18, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Ummmm I think you are just being bias lol.. I’ve had the Chicago Giordanos and the Orlando Giordanos sooo many times and they’re almost identical woman! haha. My mom and I were at the outlets all day today too… I’m surprised we didn’t see you!
Jessica recently posted..Great news!

8 Tropical Eats December 18, 2010 at 4:57 pm

ah definitely take him to chicago to show him what’s up in the pizza world! ๐Ÿ™‚

jealous of your outlets! you are a good lil shopper
Tropical Eats recently posted..Lifey

9 grocery goddess jen December 18, 2010 at 5:08 pm

No idea what the experience is tonight, but is Derek planning on getting you something shiny that comes in a small box this Christmas?? Not that he’d tell you or anything ๐Ÿ™‚
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Sweet Potato and White Bean Patties

10 Loc December 18, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I’m trying my best to avoids all the malls and outlets here. I’ve learn my lesson years ago!

And the ICE show at the Gaylord Palms??
Loc recently posted..The more you know

11 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 18, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I lived in chicago for years and hubs is from there. Giordanos is a staple!

loving the pics of you rocking the skirt + boots. Cute! ๐Ÿ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..My Exercise Path in Aruba – Lots of Island Pictures

12 Kelly December 18, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I fell in love with the Orlando outlets a few years ago when I was there for a wedding and I’m soooo hoping I can revisit them next month when I’m down for the Disney marathon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Congrats on getting done with your Christmas shopping. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kelly recently posted..9 miles short and a giveaway

13 Melissa @ Running with Needles December 18, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Ooh, Giordano’s is my favorite place to get Chicago-style pizza. I’m sad that Orlando’s isn’t as good as the original.

Can’t wait to find out what the experience is!

14 Matt December 18, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I <3 stuffed crust pizza! I was born in Chicago and nothing compares!
Matt recently posted..Overcoming ITBS

15 Gina G December 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I’ve always wanted to try Chicago style pizza, it looks amazing! If you are ever in Michigan you haveee to try Cloverleaf Pizza! ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Faith @ lovelyascharged December 18, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I’ve been to the outlets twice this shopping season, I actually got most of my Christmas presents between the two trips ๐Ÿ™‚ The deals are amazing right now – I mean, a Marc Jacobs skirt @ saks off 5th for $32? Hellz yes…love your lululemon jacket by the way!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..No-Mayo Vegan Potato Salad

17 Christin@purplebirdblog December 18, 2010 at 7:23 pm

How stinkin’ cute are YOU?! I love the outfit. And that pizza looks supremely badass!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- In the pink!

18 sally kate December 18, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I bought that teal shirt from lulu on clearance a few months ago- i love it- its perfect for spin classes and *some* yoga classes (i feel like ‘the girls’ are revealed a little too much once i start going with the downward dogs!) but i love it and love the way it looks on! As my mom puts it, “wait is that to work out in or go out in??” haha

19 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 18, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I love thick pizzas!

20 Lauren December 18, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Ah lululemon outlet…I need to find one of those!
Lauren recently posted..No Stress Night

21 Kiran December 18, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Your Christmas experience gift?? Hhmmm… Work out related? Some gadget?
Kiran recently posted..My favorite kitchen gadgets

22 Lacey @ Lake Life December 18, 2010 at 11:32 pm

That pizza looks amazing, and I can’t wait to hear about your gift!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4

23 Jenny at Rice n' Jeans December 19, 2010 at 12:41 am

The pizza looks soooo good.
But I still think New York pizza is the best.

24 movesnmunchies December 19, 2010 at 1:38 am

HOLY MOLY that pizza sure looks INSANE!! cute clothes too!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

25 Erica D @ Gratitouille December 19, 2010 at 2:19 am

Yum! I love no other variety but Chicago-style pizza. Volume, baby!
Erica D @ Gratitouille recently posted..All Things Flexible- Yoga- Tofu- and Family

26 Anne December 19, 2010 at 7:37 am

Is he proposing to you??!!

27 Haleigh December 19, 2010 at 9:17 am

I’ve actually never tried Chicago style pizza before. I guess I better add that to my travel to do list ๐Ÿ™‚
Haleigh recently posted..Thoughts on Moving

28 Mimi December 19, 2010 at 10:11 am

I totally think that food is half taste, half atmosphere. So, you really just have to take Derek to Chicago!

Hmm, I’m stumped on your experience present. Something involving Disney?
Mimi recently posted..Cranberries and nuts

29 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate December 19, 2010 at 10:40 am

OMG, even if it’s not the same as Chicago, still looks delishhh! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..Things Iโ€™ve learned on this Trip Part I

30 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 19, 2010 at 11:04 am

Woow that pizza looks GOOD! I’m not even that big on pizza, and yet I’m drooling over that!

31 Ali December 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm

That pizza looks so good! More power to you heading to the mall so close to Christmas. I try to stay away from everywhere shopping related for the week up to christmas. yikes!
Ali recently posted..life throws you curves

32 Kelly Olexa December 19, 2010 at 7:15 pm

OMG I live here in Chi-town and that is my personal favorite Chicago Pizza….above all the others. DREAMY. I had no idea they had branched out!! I am totally drooling looking at the pictures……OMG

33 Jordan December 19, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Yeah…there’s nothing like Chicago style pizza in Chicago ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t beat it! But that one looks pretty delicious!

34 CMae December 20, 2010 at 7:16 am

I think your Brit-inspired ensemble is cute! I’ve seen a special on the History Channel about Chicago-style pizza, and some people claim the city’s water just makes a better crust. Just a theory, though!
CMae recently posted..Jupiter Presents- Presents

35 Whitney December 20, 2010 at 10:07 am

When you do make it back to Chicago, please take him to a better place than Gioranos. Its not bad, but def. not the bext. (Burt’s Place, Peqouds or Edwardos)

36 Kendel @ Eating Abroad December 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I’m from the Chicago area but since moving to Germany, I’ve also missed Chicago deep dish pizza. Luckily, I found a way to make it at home. This could be a fun project for you and Derek. I’m home now for Christmas and we went to Giordano’s on the way back from the airport… I actually liked my homemade version better. http://travelingtogether.wordpress.com/2010/11/10/chicago-style-deep-dish-pizza/
Kendel @ Eating Abroad recently posted..Holiday Cinnamon Rolls