Carrot Cake Waffles

by Meghann on December 18, 2010

Just when I thought I’d hit a creative stall… something amazing happens.

Carrot Cake Waffles

• 1/2 cup AP flour
  • 1/2 cup WW flour
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup pecan pieces
  • 1/2 cup raisins

Add everything to a bowl and mix.

The batter will be really thick. If it’s too dry feel free to add a little more milk to moisten it up.

Wow.

The waffles tasted like sweet carrot cake muffins. They were moist, dense, and absolutely scrumptious.

I heated up some apples with cinnamon for a make-shift topping.

I’ll be making these again soon. Very soon. :)

Before I made waffles I ran 6 miles around my neighborhood. It was really nice not having to run anything close to double digits. I got to sleep in, took my time getting ready, and was still done with my run in time to make breakfast before Derek started stirring. I think I can get used to this break in training. :)

Derek and I have some last minute Christmas shopping to do today.

I’m also thinking I need to pick up some new wrapping paper for a little variety. ;)

How is your Holiday shopping going? Are you all done? I’m so close!!

1 Syl December 18, 2010 at 10:49 am

I’m dragging hubby out today to shop for the kids, he should come home nice and cranky ;-).
Those waffles look amazing
oh and there is a little corner opened on one of your gifts, looks like someone was peeking ;0). Love the wrapping paper!

2 Karen December 18, 2010 at 10:49 am

Wow! Those sound delicious!!!! I’m definately going to give them a try over the holidays. Nutritious and delicious (minus the pecans for me, I’m allergic). As for the wrapping paper, I love the uniformity. We try to do the same thing at our house – one roll of wrapping paper. The bottom of the tree looks so beautiful.

Love the blog, btw. I’ve been reading for a couple of weeks now, figured I should probably say hello!

3 Marina December 18, 2010 at 11:02 am

I bought some stuff today, but I still have to get a few more things next week. I hope my presents will be good this year

4 movesnmunchies December 18, 2010 at 11:09 am

wow. i love waffles. i love carrot cake. put them together? I am beyond excited here….. and to answer your question,, I have not even started holiday shopping! i am in biggggggg doo-doo!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

5 Kiran December 18, 2010 at 11:12 am

The waffles looks delish! Now I know what I want for Christmas, a waffle maker!
Kiran recently posted..My favorite kitchen gadgets

6 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 18, 2010 at 11:16 am

I only bought for 3 people: parents, sister, and my own child. Everyone else got a card, and gets presents throughout the years, randomly, when I see them. I buy it and send it. And they know this. So no one is shocked in my extended circle…it totally cuts down on my Dec stress. Not for everyone, but hey, it’s my little strategy :)

Enjoy finishing up your shopping!!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..My Exercise Path in Aruba – Lots of Island Pictures

7 Allison December 18, 2010 at 11:24 am

I haven’t done too much shopping yet. Waiting until I get to my home destination so I don’t have to lug it all on the plane!

These waffles look delicious! Carrot Cake is one of my favorites, so I’ll definitely have to try this out. Great Idea!
Allison recently posted..Mexican Bean Dip

8 Katie December 18, 2010 at 11:28 am

I really need a waffle maker! these look so good!

Im almost done xmas shopping, just couple more things! Nice wrapping skills you go there!

9 Clare @ Fitting It All In December 18, 2010 at 11:58 am

So jealous you’re done with your run!! I have 9 to do on a treadmill (icy sidewalks = no good) and I keep putting it off by looking at TV guide to decide what I want to watch while I’m doing it…
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..Let’s Talk Antidepressants

10 Haleigh December 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm

What a great idea! Those waffles sound delicious.

I waited until yesterday to start my Christmas shopping. Ahh, I have a lot to do before next week… better get on that ;)
Haleigh recently posted..Thoughts on Moving

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 18, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Um….I haven’t started my Christmas shopping. Uh-oh….
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..i-Pasta

12 Erin December 18, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Question: when you make waffles do you beat the egg whites first or not? I’ve found that beating them until they’re fluffy makes the waffles fluffier but takes so much time!

I’m all done with my Christmas shopping. Except I ran out of tissue paper so I still have to brave the stores before I can be totally done and have everything under the tree.
Erin recently posted..Treadmill Thursday

13 Val @ Balancing Val December 18, 2010 at 1:06 pm

That’s pretty genius meghann! I’d love to top those with a cream cheese frosting . . . *drool*
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Two Ways To Be More Dandy

14 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm

I always have to have two kinds of wrapping paper. I’m anal like that and can’t have all one under the tree.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..An Italian Feast

15 kathleen December 18, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I love waffles. I used to have 2 waffle makers. They got lost/left behind in one of my many moves the past few years. I should really buy a new one.
kathleen recently posted..My birth story – Part 2

16 Sana December 18, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Do you like having the strips of carrot? What about blending them into a paste?

17 Regina December 18, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Are you taking pictures on your wrapping paper?! haha

We’re all done over here. We leave to spend Christmas in Cali on Tues so we celebrated last weekend, will celebrate with my family tomorrow and with the hubs family in Cali next weekend!
Regina recently posted..Naughty or Nice

18 Jessica@tastyandtrim December 18, 2010 at 2:29 pm

ahhh those waffles look and sound amazing!!! I just finished my Christmas shopping last night :)
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..A Tasty Favorite &amp More Progress

19 Faith @ lovelyascharged December 18, 2010 at 2:42 pm

The waffles look delicious! I have to use the same wrapping paper for all my presents though, haha! It drives me crazy when they don’t match!

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Yum! This looks fantastic! As soon as I am home in my kitchen, I WILL be making these! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

21 Mimi December 18, 2010 at 3:25 pm

The waffles look amazing! I love getting vegetables into my breakfast!
I just did (although didn’t finish) some shopping. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the malls in Lincoln, Nebraska be so busy!
Mimi recently posted..Cranberries and nuts

22 Vanessa December 18, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Yum carrot cake in a waffle? Yes, please. I just bought Rudolph wrapping paper today! Just finished shopping too. Phew. Good luck out there!
Vanessa recently posted..A Day Full of New Things

23 Lee December 18, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I have done all my shopping…except for my husband. I have no idea what to get him! We both sort of want to buy each other half of a flat screen tv. But it’s not the same as opening an actual present, you know?
Lee recently posted..Third Time’s a Charm

24 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 18, 2010 at 6:07 pm

That restaurant looks delish! I’m in orlando for the week, too bad we already know our dinner plans. Maybe when I come back in March we will check it out!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Starting to feel a little festive

25 BroccoliHut December 18, 2010 at 6:40 pm

genius! I love my carrot cake oat bran recipe, so I bet carrot cake in waffle form is even better!

26 Christin@purplebirdblog December 18, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Looks like someone was peeking on that bottom present!! :D
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..FF- In the pink!

27 Lauren December 18, 2010 at 8:09 pm

I love your heart shaped bowl!
Lauren recently posted..No Stress Night

28 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I’m about 3/4 of the way done shopping- but I need some more ideas!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Stick a fork in me

29 Halley(Blunder Construction) December 18, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Scrumptious! A waffle iron is on my Christmas list this year, and I can guarantee this will be the first recipe I try on it. YUM!!
Halley(Blunder Construction) recently posted..Home Furnishings

30 holly @ yepiatethat December 18, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Carrot cake waffles sound amazing! I might have to try those out tomorrow.

Good luck with the shopping!!! I’m so glad I’m done and even have everything wrapped already and don’t have to fight the crowds this weekend other than at the grocery store :)
holly @ yepiatethat recently posted..peppermint mocha

31 Lacey @ Lake Life December 18, 2010 at 11:14 pm

That sounds like a perfect Sat morning breakfast.

I’m done with most of my shopping (just waiting for some of it to be delivered) and I still have to pick up a few more things for my parent’s stockings.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4

32 Maddi December 19, 2010 at 1:05 am

I have completed my gift list except for ONE person! SO CLOSE! ;) Its been fun tho :)
Maddi

33 Brittney December 20, 2010 at 5:57 am

MMMMMM! Great idea! In my family we like to use a different wrapping paper for each person so I alway have like 4-5 rolls.
Brittney recently posted..Running In Sleet and an Italian Feast

34 Mimi December 20, 2010 at 10:51 am

Just made these for the BF… AWESOME!
Mimi recently posted..Cranberries and nuts