This is what I call a Florida Winter

by Meghann on December 17, 2010

I forgot to take a photo this morning, but let’s just say my running gear consisted of a plain tech tee and shorts. 😉

The cold snap is officially over and Florida’ regular winter temps have returned. This is why I live in Florida. We complain about the cold for a week, go back to normal temps for 2 weeks, and back to cold temps the following week. It’s a beautiful cycle that works like clockwork until Spring. That way we get a little taste of both.

I ran 4 miles this morning at a casual pace.

I’ve been working on strength a lot this week and my body can tell. My muscles are sore, particularly my arms and lower back. I hope I can keep this routine up – I would love to have some muscle definition return in the new year.

Breakfast this morning came in the form of cereal.

IMG_0966

IMG_0974

Second breakfast was a chicken mini that my co-worker brought in. Love these.

IMG_0979

And Lunch

IMG_0981

Egg bagel with brie cheese, arugula, and pecans (!!)

IMG_0988

The pecans were a last minute addition, but they were an awesome addition. They gave the sandwich a sweet nutty flavor while adding a bit of crunch to my bites.

IMG_0989

IMG_0991

Healthiest Decision of 2010

What was your healthiest decision of 2010? You can read all about mine (as well as a few other lovely bloggers) at Galmour Online! 🙂

Glamour

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 17, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Love those CFA minis too. I can’t remember the last time I had something there though.

I’m so glad its a bit warmer again! It was 40 here today and felt like 70 after being in the teens all week.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..An Italian Feast

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 17, 2010 at 2:46 pm

I’m very jealous of your Florida winters! Its currently snowing pretty much non-stop here in England!
And I’m checking out that link now! 🙂
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Eat- Sleep- Run

3 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! December 17, 2010 at 2:50 pm

My healthiest decision of 2010 was taking up racing! I ran my first 5k in January, did a sprint triathlon in September, and ran my first half marathon in October. I can’t wait to do more running and racing in 2011! Racing motivates me to try new things, mix up my workout routine, and stay fit. Enjoy your warm weather! 🙂
Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! recently posted..Weekend update

4 Christin@purplebirdblog December 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm

My healthiest decision was to start yoga. I have joint issues and weight training hard really exacerbated them, and yoga has helped me to gain lean muscles without taxing my joints so badly, plus I have just fallen in love with it! It’s a huge part of my self care 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Ridiculous Mash-Up

5 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) December 17, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Very jealous of your mild/warm winters!! I was running in -5 (negative 5) this morning. I’m still not thawed out!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Let This Break Begin

6 Amy December 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm

OK … you are my new hero! That is amazing.
Amy recently posted..a few randoms

7 Jena December 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm

YES! I was so excited to wear shorts yesterday on my run. I wore a long sleeve shirt, since I wasn’t exactly sure how windy it was. I could have gotten away w/ short sleeves, but I survived.

I am not very happy about the rainy weather that is predicted for tomorrow. 10k in the rain up and down, and back up a bridge in Clearwater doesn’t sound fun, amiright?
Jena recently posted..Send Matt a Christmas card

8 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing December 17, 2010 at 2:57 pm

My healthiest decision of 2010 was to re-join Weight Watchers!
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Good Eats

9 Kelly December 17, 2010 at 2:58 pm

To train and successfully run a half marathon, which I did! And I recovered from an injury!
Kelly recently posted..I Completely Forgot!

10 Amy December 17, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Mine was to challenge myself and train for my first 10k. I’d never run more than 4 miles at a time and I LOVED increasing my distance! Now I’m trying to decide what’s next …
Amy recently posted..a few randoms

11 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm

My healthiest decision was to take up running again. I originally wanted to run a 5k and ended up running a marathon 🙂

12 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 17, 2010 at 4:50 pm

congrats on your Glamour write-up! I had seen on Gina’s blog that you were mentioned and I clicked over to their site after she had posted it…very awesome!
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..Dessert Recipes I Want to Make

13 Alicia at Poise in Parma December 17, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I’m coming down in a few weeks for the WDW half marathon. I’m praying you all start having some higher temperatures… in comparison to what we have up here in Cleveland at least!
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..Showing Love for the XM Satellite Stations

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 17, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I’m missing Florida right now. I’m visiting DC and it’s COLD! And there is snow on the ground and I have a 10k (plus an additional 2 miles) tomorrow morning! Ahhh!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

15 Stacey December 17, 2010 at 5:26 pm

My healthiest habit of 2010 was to stop weighing myself. I don’t need to know my weight on a week-by-week basis and I don’t need the scales telling me how to feel.
Stacey recently posted..Healthy is as Healthy Does

16 Matt December 17, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Aren’t Chick Fil A biscuits amazing? I used to eat those daily!
Matt recently posted..A Day In The Life…

17 Ann @ Day by Day December 17, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Oh my goodness, your lunch sandwich looks so good to me right now! I am eating dinner about an hour and a half later than normal, so maybe that’s why, but it really looks tasty to me right now! And healthiest decision… probably to quit drinking Diet Cokes back in July! Haven’t had one since and feel much better.

18 Kiran December 17, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Does joining a yoga class count? 😉
Kiran recently posted..My favorite kitchen gadgets

19 movesnmunchies December 18, 2010 at 1:51 am

i love the idea of the pecans in the sammie!! I love trying new combos!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

20 jenna December 18, 2010 at 8:18 am

so jealous of your florida winter..not so much like that in the northeast!
jenna recently posted..My Thanksgiving Break

21 Allison December 18, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Good to hear the weather is back to normal in Florida! I’m heading home there tomorrow!

My healthiest choice for 2010 was to run my first 10k. Loved it and can’t wait to do more in the new year.
Allison recently posted..Mexican Bean Dip