Cooookkkkiieeeessss!!!!!!!

by Meghann on December 16, 2010

For me? Why, Thank you. πŸ™‚

I had a package waiting for me at my desk after lunch this afternoon. Inside was 4 gigantic cookies and a note from Liz at Little Bitty Bakes.

Liz was so sweet and sent me some of her fabulous cookies in celebration of my sub-4 hour marathon earlier this month. She explained that these were the same cookies she enjoyed after her first marathon (congrats girl!) last month and that she had created the recipe in her head while tackling those 26.2 miles!

In fact, there are 26 ingredients in these cookies that represent all 26.2 miles! You can find the recipe and read more about her story here.

The cookies were fabulous. Very hearty and full of so many flavors. I wasn’t sure what to expect each bite because every bite was different. It was a nice surprise cookie. πŸ˜‰

Thanks Liz!!! And congrats on your own marathon! 3:59:20 for your first? A-Ma-Zing!!!!

The cookie was a great treat to my busy afternoon. We’ve all been preparing for the Holidays at the office, I can’t wait for it to slow down next week. At least, I hope it slows down next week. πŸ˜‰

After work I headed to Hot Yoga where I sweated, stretched, and did too many wheels in a row. πŸ™‚

Dinner was quick.

Left over ‘flat bread’

Salad of Arugula, Mushrooms, Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, and aHoney Mustard Dressing.

Dinner had to be quick because I had a project in the works.

Remember that cake I baked this morning?

My plan was to make cake balls using the cake, icing, and white chocolate.

IMG_0889.jpg

I’ve seen several sites make their own version of cake balls in the past and I just took the gist of all of them to make my own. I didn’t follow any directions, per se, but I did have an idea of what needed to be done.

Step 1: Crumble cake in a bowl

Step 2: Combine icing with cake crumbles and squish together

IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

Step 3: Roll cake into balls

Step 4: Melt chocolate

Step 5: Dip balls in Chocolate

Step 6: Add Sprinkles

Step 7: Refrigerate over night

Oh. My God. πŸ™‚

I couldn’t resist trying one for dessert.

First of all, I couldn’t believe how easy these were to make. Seriously, anyone can make them!!! Second of all, the cake ball was freaking fantastic. The icing made the cake so moist and sweet and the chocolate outershell was literally icing on the cake.

I’m going to have to make these again for Christmas eve. I’m hoping these will make up for the ‘healthy’ no-bake cookies I brought in for my co-workers on Tuesday. There’s no way they can make fun of me for these! πŸ˜‰

Alright, time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Haha your coworkers don’t know what’s coming! I love Liz and would totally run a marathon (okay walk and crawl a marathon) to get a bite of those cookies.
Allie (Live Laugh Eat) recently posted..Dumb or Determined

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I’ve made cupcake balls before! Sooooo good!!!

Those cookies look great! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

3 Michele December 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Cupcake balls – OH MY!!

4 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Omg CAKE BALLS! I just made Oreo Balls + cream cheese + chocolate dippage. I havent blogged about them yet b/c I am giving them to someone who reads my blog..they wont see this comment tho. But as soon as I gift them, I will post them. Your cake balls look….heavenly!!!!!!

As for the cookie gift you received, with 26 ingredients…HOW CUTE! What a great story! I love things like that.

Enjoy the cookies. And the cake balls! YUMMMY!!!!

πŸ™‚
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..12 Days &amp Recipes of Christmas- Homemade Gifts

5 Matt December 16, 2010 at 10:37 pm

COOKIES πŸ™‚
Matt recently posted..My New Toy

6 Julie @ Wearing Mascara December 16, 2010 at 10:38 pm

O.M.G. those cake balls (?) look so good. Wow and very easy! Love the 26-ingredient cookie! How creative πŸ˜€
Julie @ Wearing Mascara recently posted..One month of Bikram

7 Kiran December 16, 2010 at 10:46 pm

3 cheers for cake pops!
Kiran recently posted..SautΓ©ed Asparagus with Pecans

8 Ashley December 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I made these ages ago and had the same experience you did. They aren’t quite as pretty as the other cake pops but still adorable and SOO GOOD!
Ashley recently posted..Peace- Joy &amp Love

9 Allison December 16, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Those cake balls look soo good! Yum!

10 Cynthia December 16, 2010 at 11:12 pm

I’ve never made cake balls before, but those look so good!
Cynthia recently posted..Losing weight the cold way

11 Steph December 16, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I like to substitute Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake filling for the icing and do the cake balls with a carrot cake or red velvet – SO good!

12 Emily G. December 16, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Ohhh! How I LOVE cake balls! They are super easy and there really isn’t a way to screw them up!! That’s my kind of cooking!

13 jenna December 16, 2010 at 11:22 pm

omg jenna from eat live run just made these the other day…is that where you got the idea from?!
jenna recently posted..My Thanksgiving Break

14 Shanna, like Banana December 16, 2010 at 11:34 pm

So easy so yum!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Nod to a blogger β€” Cake Batter Bark

15 Lindsey December 16, 2010 at 11:37 pm

A marathon cookie?! Thanks for sharing the link – I will be making them for after my first marathon for sure!
And, cake balls/pops are un-frickin believable!

16 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 17, 2010 at 12:24 am

That is easy! And they look so tasty!

17 Christin@purplebirdblog December 17, 2010 at 1:14 am

Nice balls! πŸ˜€ I made some balls of my own tonight, dough balls and no-bake balls. I like the blue sprinkles… looks Hanukkah-y! πŸ˜‰
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Ridiculous Mash-Up

18 natalie @ http://healthybalancingact.blogspot.com/ December 17, 2010 at 6:33 am

the cake balls look yummy…the sprinkles are cute too
natalie @ http://healthybalancingact.blogspot.com/ recently posted..Green tea

19 Lauren December 17, 2010 at 6:44 am

Awww, that is so sweet of her to send you cookies! πŸ™‚

Haha, your balls look scrumptious! πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Giveaway Winners and New Challenges

20 Dori December 17, 2010 at 6:59 am

OMG CAKE BALLS

21 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 17, 2010 at 7:33 am

CAKE BALLS. Need to make them…they’re always on my list but end up getting crossed off for something else. And those cookies look awesome…I love that they have 26.2 ingredients!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Warm and Fuzzy

22 Allie December 17, 2010 at 8:09 am

I wish I was your co-workerrrrrrr! Ahhhh! They look so stinking yummy πŸ™‚ I really loved reading about the 26.2 cookies, that is so sweet and creative plus special πŸ™‚ Made me all warm and fuzzy inside!

23 Hope December 17, 2010 at 8:18 am

Those cake balls look so good!!! I totally need to add them to my list of things to bake this weekend! Yum!
Hope recently posted..I Don’t Really CareI Just Wanna Dance…

24 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) December 17, 2010 at 8:44 am

So glad you got the cookies! I figured four would be plenty, since it’s the holidays and baked goods are pretty much everywhere!

I love making cake balls – they’re so easy but so impressive. Yours look delicious!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Mystery Chip Bars

25 Brittany (Eating Bird Food) December 17, 2010 at 9:19 am

It’s never a bad thing when cookies show up on your desk! πŸ™‚

26 rebecca lustig December 17, 2010 at 9:29 am

like other readers, im drooling over these cake balls. i love the textural and flavor differences!!

happy friday πŸ™‚
rebecca lustig recently posted..A milestone passed

27 Mimi December 17, 2010 at 9:50 am

I LOVE cake balls. In fact, I’d rather have those than a whole cake at my wedding!

One of my friends had like 10 different flavors at a party. So fun!
Mimi recently posted..I’m a bore

28 Dee December 17, 2010 at 10:10 am

Oh my gosh! These cake balls look amazing! And white chocolate coating? What’s NOT to love? πŸ˜‰
Dee recently posted..Joyful Friday

29 Kelly December 17, 2010 at 10:16 am

First dough balls, now cake balls, it seems the blog world is obsessed with balls lately haha πŸ˜‰
Kelly recently posted..I Completely Forgot!

30 Jess @JessCantCook December 17, 2010 at 11:18 am

Oh my gosh those cake balls look amazing! Hmmm I might have to try those for the Christmas party I’m going to tomorrow…

31 Rose December 17, 2010 at 11:33 am

Cake balls are sweeping the nation! They are such a great treat. Your mix looks great!
Rose recently posted..CSN Stores 70 Gift Certificate Winner

32 Lauren @ Running Examiner December 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Those cake balls look ridiculously yummy. I’m going to have to attempt making these this weekend!
Lauren @ Running Examiner recently posted..The accidental running buddy

33 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) December 17, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Oh my, must try these! I love everything about cake, and the small cake ball portions would be a great portable dessert or great at a party. Thanks for sharing.
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..When Pumpkin and Chocolate combine

34 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I LOVE cake balls- they are so easy and so good!

35 MegaNerd December 17, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Omigod these look amazzzing! I want to make them now! Or I can just come over and steal one… or seven.
MegaNerd recently posted..100 Days- My REALLY BIG Goal!

36 Regina December 18, 2010 at 10:26 am

They look like donut holes! YUM!
Regina recently posted..Naughty or Nice

37 Lacey @ Lake Life December 18, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Those cake balls look yum! I wish I were more of a baker.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4

38 Ffion December 25, 2010 at 2:06 pm

A cookie with 26 ingredients must be a never-ending party for your taste buds!
Ffion recently posted..Nadolig Llawen!