But, it’s warm inside!

by Meghann on December 16, 2010

What’s a girl to do when it cold outside and your dog is shivering at your side? ( poor Maddie is NOT a fan of the cold)

She…

And

Reverts to the Jillian Michaels channel on ExerciseTV on Demand for a fun workout in the comfort of her own home… while still wearing her PJs. 😉

IMG_0810

I revisited an old favorite this morning – part 1 of the 3o Day Shred. Remember when I did the 30 Day Shred challenge over a year ago? I would really love to do it again. It’s a great 20 minute work out that can easily fit into my day and offers killer results. Maybe in January?

I also tried a new new work out – Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack Part 1. Loved it. The ab-tastic work out was a great mix up to the traditional routine of crunches and planks. It offered a lot of variety that kept me interested the entire thirty minutes while still encouraging me to feel the burn. The full length DVD work out is on my Christmas List this year and I’m crossing my fingers I’ll find it under the tree on Christmas morning. 🙂

I had a little extra time this morning and decided to try a new (to me) recipe: Kath’s Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancake.

IMG_0812

I upped the 1/4 cup portion ratio to 1/3 cup for a little extra ‘oomph’ and attempted one large pancake.

IMG_0814

Which quickly turned into three mini pancakes when I tried to flip it. 🙂

IMG_0817

The finish trio was topped with Pumpkin Butter, Ricotta Cheese, Pom Seeds, and a little Granola.

IMG_0819

IMG_0823

Now, that’s what I call a breakfast!

IMG_0829

Other accomplishments this morning?

• Loading the dish washer
  • Packing Yoga clothes for after work
  • Folding laundry
  • Baking a [boxed] cake for my experiment with cake pops tonight
  • Walking Maddie
  • Playing words with friends
  • Showering

Thanks I did not accomplish:

• Blow drying my hair
  • Arriving at work on time
  • Packing Snacks
  • Remembering to put said work out clothes in the car after I packed them

No wonder it’s only 9:30 and I’m already exhausted.

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 16, 2010 at 9:29 am

I love workout DVDs – Cathe Friedrich and TurboJam are my favorites. I hope to try out Insanity and TurboFire next year too. Never tried Jillian workouts but I always hear such good things. I think she’s great too.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..An Italian Feast

2 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2010 at 9:31 am

I love Jillian Michaels but haven’t tried any of her workouts yet. I did read her book Master Your Metabolism and it rocked! Totally changed my perspective about what I put in my body!

3 movesnmunchies December 16, 2010 at 9:35 am

ahah WOAH you can get a LOT done by 9:30- I am extremely impressed!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

4 Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate December 16, 2010 at 9:36 am

Looks like I’ll be resorting to the on-demand exercise videos as well! Another day of rain/snow has practically closed everything–including my college’s gym where I work out. :/

good luck on the cake pops! I’ve always wanted to try making some! 🙂
Sarah @ See Sarah Graduate recently posted..Things I’m Loving at the Moment

5 Mimi December 16, 2010 at 9:38 am

Haha, I love that your accomplishment list includes showering and loading the dishwasher! You’re a few steps ahead of me there! (;

When you were talking about what workouts during the cold, I still thought you were talking about Maddie, so I got some hilarious mental images of Maddie walking on the treadmill!
Mimi recently posted..Not so Stinkin’ Lincoln

6 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) December 16, 2010 at 10:01 am

What is playing words with friends? Your breakfast looks great.. Have a great day and it is ok to be cold sometimes
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..Lazy Day in Whistler

7 Meghann December 16, 2010 at 10:02 am

If you have an iphone or ipad download it and challenge me. My name is mealsandmiles on there. 🙂

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 16, 2010 at 10:05 am

Mmmm, that ricotta looks like whipped cream!

9 Allie December 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

Woah, you are so productive! Holy cow! My big pancakes always turn in to a few small ones… or just a complete tasty mess hahah. Pom seeds look tasty and FESTIVE on top 🙂 I hope your day goes well and you feel less tired ;)!

10 rebecca lustig December 16, 2010 at 10:12 am

Jillian Michaels doesnt mess around. No, sir, she does not! hahah

the ricotta DOES look like whipped cream!
rebecca lustig recently posted..A milestone passed

11 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 16, 2010 at 10:13 am

Being productive feels SO GOOD, doesn’t it!

Flipping pancakes is a skill and an art, that I have not yet mastered in this lifetime…yet 🙂
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) recently posted..12 Days &amp Recipes of Christmas- Homemade Gifts

12 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 16, 2010 at 10:17 am

Okay, now I have a serious craving for pancakes!! Maybe these will make an appearance for lunch? Hmmmm….
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Warm and Fuzzy

13 Matt December 16, 2010 at 10:19 am

I think flipping pancakes is the toughest part 😉
Matt recently posted..Black Bean Quesadillas

14 Kristyn December 16, 2010 at 10:35 am

I made cake pops this week! I made them Monday and brought them to work and they got HUGE compliements. Yay for Bakerella and her book. Her book is phenomenal. Cake pops were fun to make and I can’t wait to make more. Have a BLAST experimenting. They are so much fun!!! Not only fun but freakin DELICIOUS!

15 Kath December 16, 2010 at 10:36 am

YUM! I’m hungry again!

16 Christin@purplebirdblog December 16, 2010 at 10:41 am

My little doggie is also not a fan of the cold AT ALL! Especially now that he’s older (9), he has an even harder time staying warm. I make sure he has plenty of blankets around the house for him to burrow into to stay warm. 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Hot Potato Voice

17 Kelly December 16, 2010 at 10:48 am

Haha you sound like me on Monday. Ran out the door without my work computer, and a bunch of other things.
Kelly recently posted..I Completely Forgot!

18 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 16, 2010 at 10:54 am

Wow that is quite the list of accomplishments! I haven’t tried the pumpkin oat pancake yet but it’s on my to-eat list. Have a fabulous day Meghann! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..The Crack Cookies

19 Biz December 16, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’ll have to look for that Jillian ab workout – my daughter just did level 1 of the Shred on exercise on demand, and she called me and said “Jillian just kicked my ass!”

Keep warm – have some Christmas tea!
Biz recently posted..Best Surprise Ever

20 Ali December 16, 2010 at 11:06 am

Blow drying my hair is what I look forward to the least when I have to get ready. It’s so thick and takes forever to dry! I would like to try Jillian Michael’s dvds-maybe over my winter break 🙂
Ali recently posted..Almost There

21 Halley (Blunder Construction) December 16, 2010 at 11:11 am

Jillian is tough… but she’s kept my butt in shape during the cold winter months for the past couple years. Her 30 day shred does not get any easier, and I’ve never made it past week two!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..One Quarter

22 Shanna, like Banana December 16, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Hmm, I think I want to try The Shred..lately all I have is about 20 minutes a day and that just isn’t much time to see awesome results.
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Nod to a blogger — Cake Batter Bark

23 Kacy December 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I saw that ondemand Jillian workout the other day but ended up doing something else. I’ll have to try it!
Kacy recently posted..Kick in the workout pants

24 Kiran December 16, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Hmm.. I gotta try the pancake version. So far, I am loving Kath’s pumpkin oatmeal 🙂 What a coincidence! I was thinking to try baking cake pops over the weekend. I hope so!
Kiran recently posted..Sautéed Asparagus with Pecans

25 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 16, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I love Jillian’s workouts!! They are hard but keep me going the whole time:)

26 Lacey @ Lake Life December 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Are you a fan of The Biggest Loser? If so, how do you feel about Jillian leaving?
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4

27 Courtney March 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I know this post is older – but I am considering buying the 6 week 6 pack DVD and am curious if any equipment is needed?

28 Meghann March 8, 2011 at 3:27 pm

A pair of hand weights, but that’s it. 🙂