I will not complain about the cold.

by Meghann on December 14, 2010

I will not complain about the cold.

I will not complain about the cold.

I will not complain about the cold.

temps

Feels like 20? What?!?!?

It’s cold!

Ok, I know those are summer temps for some and half of the country is covered in snow, but I’m a Florida girl and to this Florida girl that is cold. Brrr…..

At least it’s sunny, right? 😉

I had all my stuff set out to go to the gym this morning, but the thought of driving to the gym, having to shower there, and packing a cold breakfast to eat afterwards was not appealing at all.  Sometimes I wonder why I still have a gym membership. I really want to get back in the habit of going two or three times a week, but I need to rediscover that motivation. I wish I had a gym buddy. 🙁

Instead I put on sweats and headed to my dinky apartment gym to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and catch up on the latest People. (Celine Dion’s twins are too cute 🙂 )

Then I came home and took a HOT shower, wrapped up in my HOT robe, and made a HOT breakfast.

IMG_0641

• 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/3 cup Almond Milk
  • 1/3 cup Water
  • Pumpkin
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Chia Seeds
  • Raisins

toppings:

• Pom Seeds
  • PB Flour + Almond milk = PB Sauce
  • Maple Granola
  • Pumpkin Butter

IMG_0655

Sooo much better than cold cereal on this chilly morning. 🙂

IMG_0650

Great Deal Alert for Orlando Residents

There’s a great save today on Eversave Orlando for Orlando Power Yoga (my hot yoga studio of choice!) Pay $50 for 10 classes of yoga!! Sweet!

Click here for details!

You can purchase additional passes as gifts. *hint *hint 😉

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 14, 2010 at 9:40 am

I’m freezing too!!! It’s 20 and feels like 5 or something crazy like that here in GA. Thank goodness I don’t have to go anywhere today. Sweats it is! 😀
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..An Italian Feast

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 14, 2010 at 9:44 am

Girl! It is cold!!!! And this Florida girl is currently en route to DC for a week! I may freeze to death during my 10k on Saturday!

Have a great day!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

3 Natalia@TheHealthScript December 14, 2010 at 9:45 am

Oh wow, I wish it was 30°. If you think it’s cold there you should never move to Michigan. Never. Today it’s 12°F but it Feels Like: -3° 🙁 I’m staying inside the whole day!
Natalia@TheHealthScript recently posted..Busy Bee

4 Brittney December 14, 2010 at 9:46 am

I feel ya- it’s been pretty frigid in Charlotte as well! I did a treadmill run last night because the thought of a run in cold, windy, darkness made my shudder!
Brittney recently posted..Blogger Fun At The Cowfish

5 Carolina December 14, 2010 at 9:48 am

Which gym do you go to? I desperately need a gym buddy to get my bootie to work out regularly. Oy!
Carolina recently posted..Lemon Ricotta Cookies

6 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 14, 2010 at 9:48 am

You can complain about the cold! Where I’m at in Michigan, it’s 17 right now (and feels like 8). Winter is lame.
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..baked apple breakfast oats

7 Morgan @ Becoming Rooks December 14, 2010 at 9:51 am

It feels like -2 here, but I will admit I’d still be complaining it was too cold if it was feels like 20. I just was not made for cold weather. I’m really intrigued by pumpkin + pomegranate + peanut butter. I would have never mixed those together on my own.
Morgan @ Becoming Rooks recently posted..Pink candy canes

8 Anna @ History Running Girl December 14, 2010 at 9:52 am

It is 3 degrees here. Feels like 3.

Those twins are adorable! I read that People last night.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Done!

9 michelle December 14, 2010 at 9:54 am

I really need to try more yoga. I think taking classes is key because whenever I do a yoga video, I feel like a moron and quit half way through
michelle recently posted..No Running For ONE WEEK

10 christina cadden December 14, 2010 at 9:59 am

It is cold there!

11 Heather December 14, 2010 at 9:59 am

It’s -4 with wind chills here in the Chicago area 😉 Come visit?

12 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 14, 2010 at 10:01 am

Too bad I don’t live in Florida. I would definitely be your gym buddy. I don’t have a gym buddy either and it makes it so much more fun to workout with a partner. (not to mention helpful to have a spotter!)
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

13 Danielle @ MissRedRunner December 14, 2010 at 10:01 am

I’m NOT a cold weather runner. I would much rather curl back up in my warm bed then run outside with a runny nose and a frozen face.
I took Yoga in college and my instructor screamed at us the whole time about how flexible we were NOT. hated it and dropped the class. I hear all of these great things about it so maybe I should try to again?

14 Mimi December 14, 2010 at 10:01 am

Ok, here’s the plan: I’ll gladly move down to Florida and enjoy that warm weather and then we can be gym buddies! (;
Mimi recently posted..Banana phone

15 Matt December 14, 2010 at 10:11 am

It was 18* when I woke up! I can’t believe I ran outside…
Matt recently posted..Blueberry Coconut Muffins

16 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 14, 2010 at 10:13 am

Girl you have nooooo idea… it’s -20C here today with the windchill, which is -4F!!! Your brekkie looks divine this morning. Have a great day!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Baby it’s Cold Outside

17 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow December 14, 2010 at 10:14 am

Ya know, I always complain about the cold. 🙂 I can’t help it. I’m a Texan living in Boston. It’s cold. I’ve been here 8 years and it’s STILL cold! Sometimes a small complaint makes it that much easier. And cute scarves, coats n mittens help too!
Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow recently posted..Fitness 4All mission

18 Shanna, like Banana December 14, 2010 at 10:20 am

I love this weather..feels so festive! And it’s a chance to wear cute boots 😉
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Baking makes me happy- PB Pumpkin Fudge recipe

19 kelly December 14, 2010 at 10:22 am

That 50 degrees sounds glorious though!! Brr it feels like -8 out there right now here 🙁
kelly recently posted..Stir Crazy Homemade Toys

20 Rachel December 14, 2010 at 10:35 am

oh yeah, it’s cold. I’m a California girl but I’ve lived in plenty of cold climates (Colorado, Rhode Island, Maine) and the below-freezing temps. I’m feeling in South Carolina right now don’t feel right! Isn’t it supposed to be warm down here?
A hot breakfast would have helped but the propane for the stove wasn’t working this morning. It doesn’t like the cold either!
Rachel recently posted..Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies

21 Lauren December 14, 2010 at 10:37 am

Wow that deal is a good one!
Lauren recently posted..Mix it Up

22 Hope December 14, 2010 at 10:46 am

I’m so cold too! It’s freezing here near Philly! Brr!
Hope recently posted..My Lunch Set My Mouth On Fire…

23 Ali December 14, 2010 at 10:57 am

Yeah, it is freezing here in Boston too! Having an apt gym is pretty convenient! I wish I had that.
Ali recently posted..Well That Will Make A Girl Feel Self-Conscious!

24 See Lo Run December 14, 2010 at 10:57 am

Shoot! I’m actually flying down to Tampa tomorrow for a wedding this weekend and was hoping to get some warmth! In Minnesota our high is 7 degrees. I can’t handle any more cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See Lo Run recently posted..Trouble at the Old TreadMill!

25 katie December 14, 2010 at 11:01 am

i wish i had a gym buddy, too. it would just make everything so much easier!

26 Sarah for Real December 14, 2010 at 11:26 am

I’m in the same gym situation as you, except that I have to trudge through snow berms and scrape ice off my car. Not happening. I figure in January it’s starts to get lighter earlier and I’ll have a renewed commitment… along with the other 6482 New Year’s resolution folks. Sigh.

27 RunningOnCoffee December 14, 2010 at 11:26 am

I don’t have a gym buddy either – but I mostly go to the gym for group classes like spinning, bootcamp, or kickboxing. I schedule the classes into my week like any other meeting or appointment, and that helps me stick to it!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Recipe- Pumpkin Carrot Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

28 Christin@purplebirdblog December 14, 2010 at 11:36 am

Wow, great yoga deal!! And we’re warming up to 71 today, but will be back in highs of the 50s by this weekend… Texas weather FLUCTUATES! 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..A Special Gift

29 Kelly December 14, 2010 at 11:48 am

At least you went to the gym…I rolled over and slept for another hour. All the way to 5:30 am. There’s no way I could ever talk anyone into being my gym buddy at that hour.
Kelly recently posted..Alo review

30 Amy H December 14, 2010 at 11:54 am

Not to brag or anything, but it’s supposed to reach 61* today here in Colorado. Weird, for sure…but I am totally loving it:)

31 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 14, 2010 at 11:56 am

So jealous of that weather!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

32 Kelly December 14, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Not gonna lie, it was brutal dragging myself up and out of the house to drive to the gym this morning. Even once I started working out I was still cold, still cold in the shower and even once I was dressed. It snowed also and felt like 6 degrees, and I’m in Maryland!
Kelly recently posted..Taking Advantage of DC

33 Kacy December 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

That is cold! It’s cold here too and it definitely makes it hard for me to get to the gym.

Great deal on the yoga!

34 Kiran December 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Wished I was closer to you – would have had a gym partner to motivate me as well 🙂

35 Bree @ beeskneeslife December 14, 2010 at 2:23 pm

The cold is all relative, but I would love those temps right now! We’ve barely gotten above zero since Saturday. This is cold for us in MN.

The cold makes you want to never leave the house, that’s for sure. Every time I see a beach or palm tree on TV I dream of being there at that moment. I can almost feel the sun!
Bree @ beeskneeslife recently posted..Work It Out

36 amanda December 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm

that IS cold for florida. it’s freezing here…but that’s normal for pennsylvania. it’s always so much easier to get to the gym when you have a buddy system-i couldn’t agree more. i wish for that all theeeee time!

HOT shower, HOT breakfast and a warm robe was definitely the way to go.

also, i need pom seeds. like now!
amanda recently posted..close call!

37 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 14, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Windchill of 0 here! Brr.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Update!!

38 Jenny at Rice n' Jeans December 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

19* this morning in nyc !
Jenny at Rice n’ Jeans recently posted..Oatmeal Whole Foods Way

39 Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy December 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm

This cold weather is killing my running routine – I haven’t been out since the 5K race at Sea World and am not seeing it happening any time soon this week… it’s 20 degrees in the morning, and it gets dark before I leave work in the afternoon – when is a girl supposed to run????????? Plus the gym doesn’t open til 8am so no treadmill option before work 🙁

How do you do it? What’s the longest you’ve not ran because of the weather? I figure if any time of year is good to take a week off, it’s the holidays – the cold, the family time, the food… it all just screams break to me! Heading south this weekend for warmer temps – hopefully get some good running weather!
Kim @ Kim Lives Healthy recently posted..Cold Weather Smoothie

40 Meghan December 15, 2010 at 12:03 am

Yep, you can’t complain! It was -30 with windchill and we got 22 inches of snow here on Saturday in Minnesota. Gah!

41 Danielle December 15, 2010 at 5:28 pm

That breakfast would certainly be enough to get me out of bed! Yum!
Danielle recently posted..Creamy Orzo

42 Lacey @ Lake Life December 17, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I feel terrible for anyone who is on vacay in Florida right now 🙁
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..12 Days of Christmas Songs- Day 4