Snowflakes on a Bowl

by Meghann on December 10, 2010

I’m baaaccckkkkk.

And I have a new favorite Oatmeal Mug.

IMG_0182

Check out this lovely snowflake beauty I picked up at JoAnn’s last night for 60% off! I think it SCREAMS Meghann, don’t you?

IMG_0176

What’s it in screams Meghann too – a nice batch of pumpkin oats.

Oatmeal:

Toppings

• Hot Cinnamon Apple
  • Frog Hollow Granola
  • Pumpkin Butter
  • Apple Butter

IMG_0179

I went for a run this morning. A short one, but a good one.

I even took Maddie along to keep me at a steady pace. I’m not sure why I’ve never taken Maddie on any of my short morning runs before, but she LOVED it. We went three miles and I had to keep reigning her in to slow her down. When we hit three miles – and I stopped for a quarter mile cool down – she wanted so badly to keep running. That girl seriously loves to run!

IMG_0184

Her Mom loves to run too. It felt great to get back out there. My body was very appreciative that I took 4 days off post marathon and thankfully didn’t announce any new pains or twinges. Everything felt… normal.

Normal for now at least. I’ve had a few inquiries on when my next marathon will be, but honestly, for now, I’m good with marathons for the season. I have a couple of halfs coming up in January and February, but those are my only commitments at the moment. I would love to get back into the habit of going to the gym, strength training, and changing my routine up a bit. My body needs a new athletic challenge, it’s ready for some fun. :)

Be sure to come back for my afternoon post – I finally uploaded my marathon playlist!! :)

1 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 10, 2010 at 9:20 am

Wow, already back into the running, eh? That’s impressive!

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 10, 2010 at 9:21 am

Your mug – and that photo of Maddie – are so cute! I need to get myself some wintery tableware……

Have a great Friday Meghann!

3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 10, 2010 at 9:23 am

Excited for your new athletic challenges. I always love switching up goals too. It keeps things more interesting. And balanced.

LOVE the bowl/mug. Adorable!

4 Kaitlin December 10, 2010 at 9:23 am

Awesome work, Meghann! So fun that you took Maddie for your run, and I’m glad your body seems to be recovering smoothly!

5 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 10, 2010 at 9:25 am

That is an AMAZING picture of Maddie- so cute and such great lighting!! Happy Friday :)

6 Amanda (Eating Up) December 10, 2010 at 9:26 am

Running with a dog sounds so fun! My dog was never much of an endurance athlete, and she often got out of control.

7 Liz December 10, 2010 at 9:27 am

Speaking from my experiences, it is so nice to take some time off of marathon training and focus on other things. I’m doing a half in March, which I’ll start a training schedule in January, so the past couple of weeks I have been getting back into strength training and loving it.
I <3 that pic of Maddie!

8 Morgan December 10, 2010 at 9:40 am

Maddie is so cute!! We had a Bichon when I was growing up; I tried running with him once and he got to the end of the block and laid down in protest. :)

9 SaraRM December 10, 2010 at 9:45 am

Yay for a good recovery run! I think change in a routine is a good thing. Im working on getting back to the gym instead of all running. It feel good!

10 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 10, 2010 at 9:49 am

Super cute mug! Am I feeling a strength challenge coming on?

11 movesnmunchies December 10, 2010 at 9:54 am

BEAUTIFUL OATS! I want to get a cuter oat bowl hmm.. thats my mission!

12 Ali December 10, 2010 at 9:56 am

Yay! That’s awesome that you felt normal running today. I think sometimes the best thing to do is get out and move. Can’t wait to see your marathon playlist!

13 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 10, 2010 at 9:57 am

I love that mug! I haven’t been to JoAnn’s in so long. I want to go and check out their Christmas stuff!

14 Kelly December 10, 2010 at 10:00 am

love the bowl! I can’t believe u were out running four days after your marathon, haha. I took a good full week off.

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 10, 2010 at 10:12 am

That mug absolutely SCREAMS you! ;) I love it!

Can’t wait for your afternoon post! I’m making my half- marathon playlist and I need some more tunes. ;)

16 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 10, 2010 at 10:24 am

I was at Joann’s last week and almost got that bowl—it’s gorgeous!

17 Matt December 10, 2010 at 10:52 am

Since I am a guy, am I allowed to say that is a cute bowl? LOL.

I wish my dog could run. The most he runs is from his crate to his food bowl!

18 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life December 10, 2010 at 11:03 am

I’m surprised you haven’t taken Maddie with you before. Jack Russell’s have SO much energy!

Although I have a Heeler/Aussie mix who you would think would be bouncing off the walls with energy and three miles will knock him out for the whole day!

19 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com December 10, 2010 at 11:09 am

Good job to take 4 days off…your body is thanking you. Can’t wait to see your new exercise routines:)

20 Holly December 10, 2010 at 11:13 am

Random, but I love Maddie’s Christmas collar–precious!
Welcome back to running!

21 Hope December 10, 2010 at 11:13 am

I love that snowflake mug! It is super cute! I need to get myself a cute mug to eat oatmeal out of. :)

22 Rae December 10, 2010 at 11:15 am

Do I see another tri in your future? :-)

23 RunningOnCoffee December 10, 2010 at 11:30 am

You have such fun plates and bowls!! Looking forward to seeing your marathon playlist, I need some new songs in my life.

24 RunningOnCoffee December 10, 2010 at 11:31 am

PS, I hear ya on needing a new athletic challenge. I’m taking the month to enjoy some spinning, bootcamp, and kickboxing classes – while still running, but just running a little less. Besides, I need to ease into this cold weather running thing again. Breathing sub-freezing air takes getting used to!

25 janetha g. @ meals & moves December 10, 2010 at 11:32 am

i got a boatload of stuff at joanns on monday! i loved that everything was 60% off. i got penny & randy the cutest “bah humbug” collars–i loved all the dog stuff they had!

26 Meghann December 10, 2010 at 11:35 am

Did you see Maddie’s holiday collar in the photo above? Totally Joanns! :)

27 janetha g. @ meals & moves December 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

that place is seriously the best! i was looking for a treee skirt and they
were all $20-$30.. i got one there for 8 bucks!

have a great weekend <3

28 Christin@purplebirdblog December 10, 2010 at 11:43 am

I too got a cute new bowl last night at Ross for 1.50!! Making its blog debut this afternoon. :)

29 Sarah for Real December 10, 2010 at 11:48 am

Cute Mug!

My JRT loves to run too, except when we stop to cross a street or something, all she wants to do is snuggle and kiss my face!

30 Mimi December 10, 2010 at 11:57 am

After the major accomplishment with you marathon time, I’d say that you deserve the chance to focus on something else fun and challenging!

31 Allie December 10, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Yup, the mug screams your name! I love taking y puppy with me for quick runs too :)

32 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 10, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Aw, go Maddie!!
And you have me seriously craving pumpkin oats!

33 Jessica@tastyandtrim December 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm

AW Maddie is too cute!! I love your snowflake mug!

34 Shanna, like Banana December 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm

My dog is probably 3x’s the size and I can’t get her to run for crap ;-P

Oatmeal in mugs is the best!

35 alison December 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I have snowflake socks on, and no joke, when I put them on, I thought of you. :)

36 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] December 10, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Very cute “bowl”. I love eating my oats outta a mug :)

37 Laura December 10, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Little dogs love to run! My sisters yorkie trained for a half marathon with me and ran upwards of 8 miles at a time and STILL wanted to run more!!!

38 Laura December 10, 2010 at 8:02 pm

What a pretty bowl!

39 Lauren December 10, 2010 at 8:07 pm

Cute bowl! I’m thinking about switching my routine this winter and doing less running in order to try some new things – like spinning or boot camp classes.

40 BroccoliHut December 10, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Loving Maddie’s collar! I just posted a pic of my JRT, and it looks like he has a similar one:)

41 Lacey @ Lake Life December 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm

I’m sure Maddie loves being your running buddy!

42 Ffion December 15, 2010 at 11:51 am

I love that mug! MAddie looks adorable too!