Catch Me if You Can

by Meghann on December 9, 2010

This week I have been playing a lovely game of ‘catch me if you can’ with the FedEx man.

It’s a fun game.

You see the FedEx man leaves these little notes on my door telling me he was there an hour before and I curse the fact that the nearest FedEx facility is a 35 min drive away. Not cool, Mr. FedEx man.

Luckily today I wised up and left work mid-morning to try and catch him.

Success! The package was mine!

As my allotted lunch break time was wasted playing the FedEx game, I brought lunch back to the office with me. This way I was eating at 12:30 and not 10:30. 😉

IMG_0153

Packing a lunch can be really easy when left overs are involved. All I needed was the other half of last night’s pizza…

IMG_0159

And an apple with peanut butter.

IMG_0156

And it was good. 😉

IMG_0160

Look what arrived in my inbox yesterday.

IMG_0163

No worries Chicago. It’s only been two months and I’ve already trained for and PR in another marathon. Take your time sending those finishers certificates. Seriously, no rush! 😉

I know I’m behind on the marathon reflections posts at the moment for Palm Beach, but I do have some thoughts going through my head that I would love to share. I just need to find the time to write them! Maybe I’ll pull a Chicago and you’ll see them up sometime in February? har har

Anything interesting you guys want to hear about?

Here are my former reflection posts for relevance.

1 Theodora December 9, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Still, that was an awesome e-mail to receive yesterday! I still need to print mine out and put it up.

2 Olivia December 9, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I would love to hear about the mental dedication aspect as well as weight reflections!

3 Runeatrepeat December 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I think “har har” is funny for some reason.

I also think you should have titled your marathon reflections post “Catch Me If You Can” cause you’re fast!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..First Test- Then Run

4 Ali December 9, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I was wondering a few things. What was on your playlist? and what you’ll do differently for your next marathon to avoid the dehydration problem.
Ali recently posted..Workout Success

5 Sarah @ Going on Goals December 9, 2010 at 1:53 pm

I am looking forward to your marathon reflection posts!! I am seriously considering running the MCM next fall!
Sarah @ Going on Goals recently posted..Christmas Cookies Day 2

6 melissa December 9, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I think i was more excited about my nyc marathon certificate than my master’s or college diploma! It’s actually on my office wall, where the others are not!
melissa recently posted..One Night Out- One Night In

7 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 9, 2010 at 1:55 pm

I would love to hear about how you stay motivated while you train for races! 🙂
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..beautifully different

8 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 9, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Too funny. Oh well, still a worthy addition to your wall.
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Almost Wordless Wednesday

9 Matt December 9, 2010 at 1:58 pm

What I really hate is when the mailman leaves those little notes in my mailbox. It drives me NUTS that I have to go all the way down to the post office!
Matt recently posted..BBQ Turkey Meatballs

10 REL December 9, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I enjoyed reviewing your splits from several marathons you’ve run in. Im wondering how you changed your training to decrease your splits and decrease your overall time. Do you do tempo workouts? How often? Etc. Congrats on your PR! Thanks! 🙂

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 9, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Yay for the certificate! Looks good hanging there in the office. 😉
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..30 Day To Go! And I’m a Guest Blogger!

12 Christin@purplebirdblog December 9, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I am in awe of anyone who runs marathons, so any aspect is need to read about!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Bigger Than a Bread Box

13 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com December 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I love leftovers for lunch! 2 months to mail the certificates out…no biggie:)
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..I truly am a ten year old

14 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Don’t they bring your parcel to the nearest post office?
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Mulled Pecans

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 9, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Haha at least Fed Ex isn’t pulling a Chicago and failing to deliver your prezzies on time!! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..You’re A Mean One- Mr Grinch!

16 Suzy December 9, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Ditto the playlist request! I’m desperately needing some new tunes!

17 Sana December 9, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Get it girlllll 🙂 That is what you should title your speedy marathons!
Sana recently posted..Bushes- Camera- Food

18 Kelly December 9, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I hateeeeeeeee when they don’t leave the package if you’re not there. Hate it.
Kelly recently posted..Too Much Weekend Fun

19 Angela December 9, 2010 at 2:50 pm

that pic makes me want to make a flatbread pizza.

20 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I just played catch me if you can with the Amazon delivery people and FINALLY got my package yesterday. I was freaking out because I needed a book to write a paper!! Which is probably what I should be doing right now instead of reading blogs…
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Breakfast Mix-Up

21 Kiran December 9, 2010 at 2:54 pm

The same story for me and my Fedex guy! hahaha!
Kiran recently posted..Almond Cookies

22 OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run December 9, 2010 at 2:56 pm

General question you may have answered a million times before: do you post everything you eat? Your meal portion sizes look like my snacks. heh
OrlandoPaula @ Eat, Watch, Run recently posted..Garmin vs RunKeeper- FIGHT!

23 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 9, 2010 at 2:58 pm

‘Better late than never’ is my personal motto, so I guess you could look at it that way! 😛
I’d love to know more about how you fuel your long runs. Or about the ‘tough’ miles 20-26. Or anything really! 🙂

24 marisa December 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Wow. Could you be any more snotty about it?

25 MegaNerd December 9, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Ugh, speaking of mail taking forever… I still have yet to receive my official Degree… or my FE certificate from last october! hahaha
MegaNerd recently posted..Something New

26 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 9, 2010 at 4:07 pm

For future packages, try and sign the little note they leave on your door. That’s what I do and the USP guy usually leaves the package next time and uses the signature on the note as you giving permission for it to be left. I hate waiting for packages to arrive too!!! It’s the worst!
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Spinnin to the oldies holiday style

27 Donna December 9, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I feel your pain! I’m still waiting for my 1st place AG plaque and Finishers shirt from my first 70.3 I did in September! 🙂

Pizza looks YUM!
Donna recently posted..Reverb10 Whats Rocked Your Socks Off

28 Jordan December 9, 2010 at 4:32 pm

When I lived in an apartment, I left a note saying to leave it in the office if I didn’t answer. I was working nights then and sometimes it would take me a couple minutes to process what was going on. By that time, they were gone?

And whoever said meghann was being snotty, I am so such of reading comments from people who have nothing better to do than criticize everything she says! I think she was being funny, lighten up and take a joke or just don’t read her blog if it bothers you so much!

Love ya, Meg!

29 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 9, 2010 at 5:08 pm

I’d like to hear about how you fuel after your long runs. When I was training for a marathon, I was counting calories and saw my ‘long run’ days as an excuse to binge eat, which led to a 20+ pound weight gain (which makes running a little more uncomfortable!) If I decide to train for another marathon, I’d like to see how you eat on those days, and what foods I should be aiming to eat to recover.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

30 D December 9, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I love your reflection posts!

I’d like to know what you changed with each marathon that you thought made your experience better or worse. Did you eat differently/more/less? More weekly miles, more tempo runs, more speedwork? How much do you think marathon training affected your life? (I read some blogs where the blogger acts like marathon training is a HUGE time commitment and really interferes with your life, and while it certainly takes some time, I wouldn’t say it really affects anything)

31 Lauren December 9, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Well, to give them some credit, I’m sure making and sending 10,000 certificates does take some time, but you’d think they would have a more efficient process for this. It’s not like they haven’t done it before.
Lauren recently posted..Pizza With Santa

32 Christine December 9, 2010 at 7:46 pm

We need an official play list post!
Christine recently posted..Holiday Gift Giving Guide

33 Lacey @ Lake Life December 9, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Wow. It would be one thing if they printed out the finisher certificates and mailed them but there’s no reason an email should take that long! Huge fail on their part.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Tootin’ Tushies

34 Kristin December 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I’m a little late to the party, but I find this hilarious because the Detroit marathon did the same thing. I put together a little mini-scrapbook because it was my first, and I keep having to add pages!