more ยป" />

Ice Cream Social

by Meghann on December 8, 2010

Sometimes I feel like I work in an Elementary School.

Especially when I see signs like this hanging around.

200883756.jpg

Of course, I’m not complaining!

In fact, I’ll take ice cream over the traditional office birthday cake any day of the week.

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

You would be surprised how an Ice Cream bar turns an office of full grown adults into a room of little kids. We literally raced from our corporate meeting to the main conference room to dig into the treats.

I was one of the first in line and managed to a serving of Peanut Butter Cup with sprinkles, M&Ms, and strawberries. It was delicious. Again, wayyyy better than cake. ;)

IMAG0370.jpg

After work I met up with my friend Raya to test out a new yoga studio closer to our side of town.

652_asy-6inwtagline_copy.jpg

Altamonte Springs Yoga had a Living Social deal the other week that offered 5 yoga classes for a reduced rate. Since I had never heard of Altamonte Yoga before, I believe this deal was a big success for them. ;)

The studio was small and peaceful in the corner section of a strip mall. As soon as Raya and I entered we were greeted with nothing but kindness and smiles. Our deals were jotted down, we were instructed on where to leave our gear, and we entered the beautiful open room to lay out our mats.

Unlike Orlando Power Yoga our class wasn’t full to the max. In fact, it was just the two of us plus one other. It was a very intimate class, which was nice. The small class allowed for more adjustments and one on one interaction with the instructor.

It was a simple flow class, but honestly it was just what my body needed. Stretch, stretch, and more stretch! A sweaty, hardcore yoga class is amazing, but sometimes our bodies just need a calm stretch. :)

I came home from Yoga and immediately popped a frozen pizza in the oven.

Dinner in 10 minutes flat. Whats not to love?

Of course I had to add my own toppings.

Much better.

I had half with some applesauce.

And another evening comes to an end!

Good Night!!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm

I’m so jealous! God, I work at a daycare, and we never get ice cream!

2 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. December 8, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I am SO over the office cake! It seems like it’s been like once a week around my building lately!

3 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) December 8, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Your Pizza Looks amazing. Do you like to have the heat on when you do YOGA? I heard that some people have it up to 90 Degrees…. I don’t know what I think about that. Have a great night. We are heading to Whistler this weekend for a Snowboarding trip and living the kids at my parents house.. I think we will need some YOGA when we get back.
Lew

4 Kiran December 8, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I seriously need to join a yoga class. Any recommendations for beginners?

5 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston December 8, 2010 at 10:44 pm

What a nice spread they had for your ice cream social — it’s always fun when adults act like kids!

6 Ali December 8, 2010 at 10:51 pm

It’s a little too cold to have an ice cream social where I live in NY! I’m pretty jealous ;)

7 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy December 8, 2010 at 10:58 pm

I want a cup of that ice cream :-( pronto

8 Christin@purplebirdblog December 8, 2010 at 11:07 pm

I too almost had post-yoga frozen pizza tonight, but I opted for a mammoth sized bowl of cereal! :)

9 Cynthia December 8, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I wish my company had ice cream socials. Sweet!

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 8, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Now that’s an office I would like to work at! ;)
Ice cream is much better than cake in my book!

11 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 8, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Kashi pizzas are SO GOOD!

12 Mimi December 9, 2010 at 12:11 am

Kashi frozen pizzas are actually my favorite frozen product that they make. Yum!

13 Loc December 9, 2010 at 1:21 am

That Kashi pizza actually looks really good for frozen. And at my old job we would have margaritas on Cinco De Mayo and Pina Coloda every pay day. Quite odd for a christian adoption agency lol.

14 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 9, 2010 at 1:44 am

Ice cream is definitely better than cake.

15 movesnmunchies December 9, 2010 at 1:44 am

peanut butter cup ice cream!? woah!! and we all know ice cream socials are for everyone! who doesn’t love ice cream?

16 Allie December 9, 2010 at 6:18 am

Small yoga classes are the best!

17 Lauren December 9, 2010 at 6:44 am

Ice Cream socials are so much better than any cake. I remember having these in school and getting so pumped! I think our office needs to take a clue and nix the cake and get on with the good stuff- ice cream!

18 Lee December 9, 2010 at 8:05 am

I would like an ice cream social at my office. Never seems to happen.

I feel the same way with the Kashi pizzas; they need more veggies. I always add my own too.

19 Hope December 9, 2010 at 8:24 am

My work has an ice cream social every year too! I love it! Free ice cream and toppings! How can you go wrong? That Kashi pizza looks great! I’ve always wanted to try them.

20 erin December 9, 2010 at 8:31 am

I love power yoga but I agree sometime your body just need a good stretch and your mind needs to calm. Small yoga classes are the best!

21 RhodeyGirl December 9, 2010 at 8:44 am

Wow, that is a LOT of waste with each cup having its own cover! I wonder why they didn’t choose to just buy a few half gallons of different types of ice cream and let people scoop for themselves? Some type of liability issue with cross contamination or something??

I always wonder about the waste in other peoples offices. We just started recycling a year ago at my office, and before that I was always appalled at the amount of waste we just tossed into the dumpsters…

22 Meghann December 9, 2010 at 9:01 am

I thought it was a lot of waste too. My office used a catering company for the social (I know – who caters an ice cream social?) and that’s how they delivered it.

23 RhodeyGirl December 9, 2010 at 9:02 am

OMG a catering company! That is awesome.

I guess my office is way too small to ever warrant catering. My SIL and I are usually the catering staff haha

24 Jamie in Arkansas December 9, 2010 at 8:50 am

How do you eat just half the pizza? I could eat two of those things and still be hungry!!

25 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 9, 2010 at 9:13 am

That ice cream bar and pizza looks so good! Even though it is like 7am, I am now craving both…..for breakfast!

26 Brittney December 9, 2010 at 11:40 am

Totally jealous of your ice cream social! I need to put that in the suggestion box in my office!!

27 Becca December 9, 2010 at 11:54 am

Your office sounds like mine! I just got an email about our christmas potluck lunch being turned into a pj party!

28 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 December 9, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Have you tried peppermint ice cream yet? Oh my gosh…SO good.

29 Lacey @ Lake Life December 9, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Kashi pizza is an awesome quick meal go-to. I love the Spinach & Mushroom Trio kind :-)

30 Ice Twister Company January 19, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I am so glad that you enjoyed the ice cream social….This year is our 10 year anniversary and we are going to introduce 5 new flavors of gelato….. Amish made in Sarasota exclusively for us…. make sure to visit our website at http://www.icetwister.com