Good Friends, Good Tea, Good Conversations

by Meghann on December 7, 2010

Good friends are the ones you can have a cup of tea with and chat for hours at a time. Tonight I had tea with one of those good friends.

I <3 Katy – for realz. I can never say enough good things about her. Even after chatting up a storm for over 2 hours this evening I felt like there was still so much that could have been said! πŸ™‚

Katy and I met at Infusion Tea after work and had delicious cups of Hot Candy Cane Tea.

OMG delicious! There were pieces of real Candy Cane in the tea leaves! I bought a few ounces to enjoy the rest of this winter – it’s a new favorite for sure.

I need to work on my cheesey grin. πŸ˜›

Do you know what season it is?

Orange season!!! I had my first juicy one of the season today! It was delish, but not as delish as the ones from my parent’s backyard – can’t wait to pick some up sometime soon. πŸ˜‰

Dinner was quickly thrown together when I walked in the door just before 8:00.

Basically I threw a bunch of veggies in a pan with tofu, garlic, vinegar, and honey mustard, then topped it with pecans and blue cheese. The results were pretty tasty.

I’m a master at quick meals when I’m hungry.

I nibbled on some Dark Chocolate Edamame and PB Puffins while watching Glee (<— OMG LOVED the X-mas episode. πŸ™‚ )

Time for this blogger to hit the hay. I see some more walking and yoga in my near future. My legs aren’t ready for anything intense at the moment (standing up and going down stairs is a bit tough at the moment), but some good stretches is what my body needs. Well that and a massage. Definitely a massage.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston December 7, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Ohhh my where did you get chooclate edamame!!! Loved the glee christmas as well!
Katie @ Healthy Heddleston recently posted..Running Log Book 2011

2 Ali December 7, 2010 at 10:15 pm

The candy cane tea sounds delicious! πŸ™‚ It’s always fun to have friend dates on the weeknights, it breaks up the work week!
Ali recently posted..Workout Success

3 Ali @ Ali on the Run December 7, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Love your winter hat! Super cute.

4 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 7, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I haven’t watched Glee yet! Ahhh!!!

Hot Candy Cane Tea sounds great right now! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Bringing in the Holidays

5 Kiran December 7, 2010 at 10:20 pm

We love Katy too πŸ™‚
A massage is needed for sure! Look out for Groupon deals πŸ™‚ I need me some massage too!
Kiran recently posted..Almond Cookies

6 Meghann December 8, 2010 at 5:58 am

I have one for Blades! Just need to find the time to use it. πŸ™‚

7 Christin@purplebirdblog December 7, 2010 at 10:22 pm

If you lived anywhere close to Austin, TX I’d totally hook you up with a massage… I am in massage therapy school and right now we are doing outside massage as homework… best homework EVAR! πŸ˜€

8 Meghann December 8, 2010 at 5:58 am

ok, moving to texas right now! That does sound awesome!

9 Katy December 8, 2010 at 8:32 am

ROAD TRIP!!!!
Katy recently posted..Twitter Tips- Finding Friends

10 Christin@purplebirdblog December 8, 2010 at 10:15 am

Hehehe you make it here and I’ll TOTALLY hook you up! πŸ˜€

11 Lacey @ Lake Life December 7, 2010 at 10:44 pm

That’s how you really know you click with someone- when you can talk for hours and still have tons to say πŸ™‚

I heard something on the news this morning about Florida crops being in jeopardy due to the cold temps. I hope your ‘rents’ oranges stay safe!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..You might be a Redneck if…

12 Meghann December 8, 2010 at 5:57 am

Actually this will be our fir freeze. There’s an old wives tale that oranges are the sweetest after the first freeze. πŸ™‚

13 Sana December 7, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Katy is awesomeeeee! I am glad bloggers are awesome IRL friends πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Bushes- Camera- Food

14 Emily December 7, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I live in Denver where it snows. Often. And you have a cuter winter hat than me. πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..Well- at least Im not bored

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 7, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Sounds like a perfect evening indeed πŸ™‚
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Deep dish delight

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 7, 2010 at 11:32 pm

You seriously ARE amazing at just throwing things together and coming up with something so delicious looking!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Hello December

17 Laura (Starloz) December 7, 2010 at 11:56 pm

oh candy cane tea, how delicious
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Moroccan

18 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 8, 2010 at 1:02 am

I love quick meals like that! Candy cane tea sounds soooo good πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

19 movesnmunchies December 8, 2010 at 1:46 am

chocolate edamame! thats AWESOME!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

20 jen December 8, 2010 at 6:14 am

That tea sounds like heaven in a cup!!!!
Your dinner looked mighty tasty as well πŸ™‚

Jen
jen recently posted..Weigh In Day 12610

21 Lauren December 8, 2010 at 6:47 am

I love those amazing friend dates. So glad you have such wonderful friends to surround yourself with! πŸ˜‰

And that tea sounds incredible!!!
Lauren recently posted..Pizza With Santa

22 Brenna December 8, 2010 at 6:59 am

What I would do to see GLEE!
Brenna recently posted..Adapting to the French Diet

23 Bria December 8, 2010 at 7:04 am

Awww Infusion Tea! Healthy Ashley and I went there a couple of weeks ago when I was visiting Orlando πŸ™‚ Loved it.
Bria recently posted..Candy Cane Fudge

24 Allie December 8, 2010 at 7:22 am

Real candy canes in the leaves?! That is SWEET! I hope your legs feel better soon πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

25 Kaitlin December 8, 2010 at 7:24 am

That tea looks amazing! I’ve been drinking candy cane green tea from trader joe’s this season but I bet it’s not near as good as having actual candy cane pieces in it! Any idea if we can find Infusion tea online?
Kaitlin recently posted..Perspective

26 Cassie December 8, 2010 at 7:33 am

Random question – where did you get your hat? It’s getting SO COLD where I live (VA) and I love your hat!

27 Meghann December 8, 2010 at 10:02 am

It’s from Target!

28 Hope December 8, 2010 at 7:48 am

Candy Cane tea sounds so good!!! I loved the Glee episode too! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..I Really Can’t StayBut Baby- It’s Cold Outside…

29 Faith @ lovelyascharged December 8, 2010 at 8:21 am

I’m not a big tea person, but that one looks tempting, even to me! That bowl sounds beyond delicious right now too. It’s a shame I’m headed off to work because I literally would have gone to Publix, gotten the ingredients, and made it right now if I didn’t have to leave…yeah it looks THAT good!

30 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 8, 2010 at 9:18 am

That tea sounds great! I might need to look around while I am out and about for candy cane tea! Perfect for teh holidays! I loved Glee last night too! The songs were so fabulous!

31 Brittney December 8, 2010 at 10:20 am

I loved the Christmas Glee episode too! The Grinch parts were awesome πŸ™‚
Brittney recently posted..Sick Day

32 Rose December 8, 2010 at 11:04 am

I drank good tea with some good friends last night too. Must be the season! Glad you had such a nice time with Katy!
Rose recently posted..Acorn Squash with Cheddar- Walnuts and Beans

33 Clare @ Fitting It All In December 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Dinner looks delicious! And if you like that tea, TJ’s has a Candy Cane green tea that is AWESOME

34 Amy December 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

You look adorable in that hat! πŸ™‚

35 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) December 10, 2010 at 8:39 am

Candy Cane tea sounds amazing! I LOVE oranges, didn’t realize it was orange season (I’m in MD). I can’t even imagine having oranges in my backyard, that would be amazing!! Crazing a juicy Florida orange now…. πŸ™‚
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Ambitions and Wallet dont Sync Up

36 Ffion December 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm

That tea sounds really nice.
Ffion recently posted..Just Do It