Fritters

by Meghann on December 7, 2010

You know what you get when you make too many Ricotta Fritters the night before?

A really great lunch. 😉

IMG_0047

I had two Ricotta Fritters left over from last night’s meal. Last night they made a great salad addition and today they were a great toast topper.

IMG_0039

I topped a ‘bread butt’ (hehe) with some homemade cranberry sauce (made a quick batch last night before bed), spinach, two ricotta fritters, and pecans.

IMG_0042

‘Twas an excellent holiday themed meal. I <3 cranberry sauce!

On the side some broccoli for a little veg.

IMG_0046

Morning snack of nuts. 🙂

IMG_0035

I’m LOVING this cold weather! I hope it’s like this on Christmas. 🙂

1 Angela December 7, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Don’t know if I could handle the fritters (ricotta’s not my thing) but broccoli and cranberry sauce? Yes please!

2 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 7, 2010 at 2:06 pm

You lunch looks yummy! I’m starving, I can’t wait until mine! : )
Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Weekend Update

3 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations December 7, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I’m hoping for cold weather on Christmas too.

And I love your easy lunch ideas! I always get so many food ideas from you. Thanks.

4 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 7, 2010 at 2:07 pm

I used to have fritters all the time when I was a kid! Time to bring them back I think…! 😛
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Cinnamon cake with spiced buttercream

5 Christin@purplebirdblog December 7, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I love the bread butt!! 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Bacon Extravaganza

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 7, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I like the sounds of those fritters!! Sounds like a great lunch! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..You’re A Mean One- Mr Grinch!

7 AnneWF December 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm

You should come here! It was only 9 degrees when we took the kids to school this morning. I think I’ll take your “cold” over my cold right now. I love cranberry sauce too. And the butt!

8 Runeatrepeat December 7, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I don’t like the bread butts, but I love saying butt, so I announce it when I make Ben a sandwich with that piece.
Runeatrepeat recently posted..First Test- Then Run

9 grocery goddess jen December 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Please, come here if you want cold. High of 21 today.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Warm Wishings

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 7, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Maybe you’ll get snow for Christmas!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Mulled Pecans

11 Rachel @ Fit Fun and Fabulous December 7, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I’m so weird about broccoli. I’ll only eat it if its got the tree tops. NOT a trunk fan.

12 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 7, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I am hoping for colder weather on Christmas. It’s supposed to be almost 80 in a few days! 🙁
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

13 Amanda (Eating Up) December 7, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I love bread butts when they’re thick and chewy! I don’t like when they’re puny compared to regular slices.

14 Amy at TheSceneFromMe December 7, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Wow, ricotta fritters! Never heard of them but I’d like to make your recipe.
I always go for the end of the bread loaves, love the hardness of them.
And I just want it to snow on Christmas!
Amy at TheSceneFromMe recently posted..Peppermint Oreo Balls

15 Laura @ Backstage Pass December 7, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Mmmm ricotta fritters.
Want to trade your ‘cold’ weather for ours here in Milwaukee? It’s 20 degrees right now, brrrr!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Tis the Season- Workout DVDs

16 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 7, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I love cranberry sauce too. Why do I only make it around Thanksgiving time? Must make it more often.

17 Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) December 7, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Mmmm, ricotta fritters sound really good, especially with homemade cranberry sauce!
Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) recently posted..CSN Stores Product Review Coming Soon!

18 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 7, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I love cranberry sauce! It should be a staple all year round, not only around the holidays!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Bringing in the Holidays

19 Allie December 7, 2010 at 7:49 pm

‘bread butt’ made me lol ! I have never had homemade cranberry sauce :x!
Allie recently posted..Hummingbird Cake

20 Lauren December 7, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Girl, if you want some cold weather, you need to travel north. PA is having FREEZING weather. I can’t stand it, let’s trade places, like in the movie, The Holiday! 🙂
Lauren recently posted..Pizza With Santa

21 amanda December 7, 2010 at 7:55 pm

cold weather is so snuggly. my fave.

yumtastic looking fritters. and agreed-cranberry sauce is so christmasy!

22 Ffion December 7, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Ricotta Fritters sound completely amazing.

I’m not a huge fan of cold weather, or Winter in general! I need to emigrate somewhere warmer! (Maybe Florida 😉 ) I guess I should count myself lucky that we don’t have any snow in my area like the rest of the UK does!
Ffion recently posted..Just Do It

23 Lacey @ Lake Life December 7, 2010 at 8:48 pm

You should do a whole post on ways to use bread butts!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..You might be a Redneck if…

24 D December 7, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I was just wondering…do you think you might consider doing a post on marathons in general? Like how you decided on a training plan, what you expected vs reality, how much it affected your life, what you would recommend for first timers, etc. I also am really curious to know your opinion on what specifically helped you reduce your time with each marathon (I know each one wasn’t a PR, but you gradually reduced your times overall)…like was it more speedwork? A different type of plan? etc. I would love to know more of your “how-to’s” of marathoning

25 Meghann December 8, 2010 at 5:56 am

Hi D,

I’m working on it right now. Those posts take some time to write, but I hope to have one up in the next week. Here are some examples of ones I’ve done in the past in the mean time. 🙂

Training http://mealsandmiles.com/2010/01/18/marathon-reflection-training/
Battle Scars http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/06/10/marathon-reflection-the-battle-scars/
Weight http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/06/05/marathon-training-reflection-weight/
Weight v2.0 http://mealsandmiles.com/2010/01/22/marathon-reflection-weight-v2-0/

26 Kiran December 7, 2010 at 10:42 pm

This lunch looks yum!
Kiran recently posted..Almond Cookies

27 Laura (Starloz) December 8, 2010 at 12:42 am

ive never made cranberry sauce, awesome idea for adding to things
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Moroccan