The one where Meghann falls…

by Meghann on December 6, 2010

Good Afternoon Peeps!

First of all, THANK YOU for all the kind words of Congrats and Encouragement for meeting my goal at the Palm Beach Marathon yesterday. I’ve seriously been on cloud nine all day and have probably been annoying one or two co-workers with this goofy grin I have one my face. 🙂

I can’t help it! I have that post race glow and I’m not afraid to show it!

I also have that post race limp – ouch. I’m trying to walk around when I can to stretch my legs out – which seems to be often thanks to all my post-race re-hydration – but I feel it the most right after I get up from sitting down for any length of time. Ideally I would love to just keep slowly circling the office building to keep my legs moving. 🙂

Last night my parents were just about to order Chinese for dinner (not, the biggest Chinese food fan here) when my little brother stepped forward and offered to make chicken and vegetables.

IMG_9915

Ben – my hero!

He did an A+ job too!!

IMG_9920

Baked chicken with salsa

IMG_9927

And TONS of roasted veggies with ketchup! I went back for seconds (and thirds). 😉

IMG_9929

Once I was back on my own turf, I pulled out a chocolate cookie and peppermint ice cream for dessert.

IMG_9932

Then I crashed – I crashed hard. In bed before 9:00 and slept until 7:00. It felt good too! Oh, so good!

Breakfast came in the form of oatmeal.

IMG_9934

Topped with hot cinnamon apples, granola, and naturally nutty toffee butter peanut butter.

IMG_9945

Cookie morning snack

IMG_9946

And left over 15 Bean Soup for lunch

IMG_9948

I’m still on my soup kick. I figure this kick is going to last all winter, especially now that it’s actually cold outside. 🙂

IMG_9952

Mini Pita on the side

IMG_9953

How Not To Finish a Marathon

Remember that fall I took yesterday after I crossed the finish line?

Well, turns out my Dad was filming the entire time and caught it on tape.

I like how I was determined to put my medal on when I passed out. 🙂

Side Note: I’m not proud of the fact I collapsed after finishing. I can joke and laugh about it now, but in truth it’s a very scary thing. I just want to make sure everyone understands that  collapsing at the end does not a successful marathon make. However, before that episode I know I ran a great race and I want to concentrate on that and not let the fall ruin my whole experience. 🙂

1 Mimi December 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

It’s obvious by the video that your gave it your all — I’m just glad to hear that you’re recovering well.

P.S. Based on Twitter, I hope that Maddie’s ok!
Mimi recently posted..If life gives you lemons…

2 grocery goddess jen December 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Wow, that was scary to watch! I can’t believe your dad could keep filming, my mom would have passed out herself!

I’m still really proud of you, and I’m sure this experience will be a great learning one for you, and I hope this is the only time you ever faint after a race 🙂
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Free Breakfast Bars

3 Gavi @ GaviGetsGoing! December 6, 2010 at 2:16 pm

First of all, congratulations on running the race of your life! It sounds like you prepared yourself physically and mentally, and then you achieved your goal–that’s amazing! Second, I appreciate your side note at the end of your post. I had a similar experience after my first half–I ran a strong, great race, and then I ended up in bed for hours after the race suffering the awful after-effects of dehydration. I think it’s important to realize that we can still be proud of the races we run while simultaneously acknowledging that suffering at the end doesn’t necessarily mean that it was successful. It’s great to leave everything you have on the road…but health is of utmost importance! Thanks for mentioning this and again, congratulations on an amazing race! 🙂

4 Rachel December 6, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh. Watching that video makes my heart sink and so scared even though I know you’re ok! I’m sure your family was a mess watching that!!!

Have a good day…no harm in walking around with a smile on your face 🙂

5 Anna S @ History Running Girl December 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm

That is scary watching it on youtube! Congrats on a good race prior to it!

I hope this post title is a Friends reference. I love it if it is. I’m watching Friends now.
Anna S @ History Running Girl recently posted..Learning to Like Leftovers

6 Erin D. December 6, 2010 at 2:19 pm

That was scary! My heart rate sped up just watching! (P.S. I don’t think I’ve ever commented on here before, so here’s my official delurk!)

7 Kelly December 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I think it’s funny that your Dad kept filming and him and your sister weren’t even really that concerned, haha. Guess they knew you were fine. Congrats again!
Kelly recently posted..Too Much Weekend Fun

8 Tami December 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

i am so proud of you, you really gave it your all and I am glad everything turned out ok. Kelly and your father must have been so scared to see that happen!
Tami recently posted..Trail running

9 Ali December 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I am still amazed at what an awesome accomplishment!! That video is really scary but I’m definitely glad you’re alright. It sounds like you drank quite a bit during the race since you carried your own water bottle…do you think you should have drank more? I’m just wondering how that compared to your past marathons.

But still, congrats!! I had so much fun reading your recap and it made me want to sign up for my own marathon #2 and give it my all to PR. 😀 Enjoy your moment!! 🙂
Ali recently posted..Fun in the Snow

10 Meghann December 7, 2010 at 11:08 am

I drank about the same amount at this marathon, but every marathon is different. From what i’ve read there is no clear cut way you should hydrate, but I have a few theories that I’ll share another day.

11 Molly December 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm

I was going to ask you if the doctor mentioned hyponatremia to you.

Reading your post, you DID take in liquids- but you didn’t take in any salt! (Gatorade is low sodium- a lot of people don’t realize that.)

It happens in women a lot, especially in marathons- you drink a ton of water or gatorade but don’t take in nearly enough sodium, so you pass out. (THe symptoms are kind of like being drunk.)

Just something to look into if you haven’t already!
Molly recently posted..My Baby Sister

12 Meghann December 6, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Thanks Molly. I think you’re right. I’m going to look into salt tablets for my next race. It’s something I’ve been toying around with trying anyways. 🙂

13 Molly December 6, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I forgot to say: way to beast it! THat’s an amazing pace to keep up!
Molly recently posted..My Baby Sister

14 RunningOnCoffee December 6, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I read about hyponatremia in the race info for my rock n’ roll half and saw salt tablet stations on the course, which I did not see at my previous half marathon. My clif shot bloks and gu both have some sodium, which I had assumed was enough.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Month In Review- November December Goals

15 Ashley December 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Its cool that your family stayed calm. My mom would be freaking out and yelling at me if I was okay and crying and ugh I think she would be in worse shape then me. I’m so happy you’re okay, and at least this is a good learning experience. Again, Congratulations!!!
Ashley recently posted..Zombies- Cereal- and Studying Oh My!

16 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm

That does look scary, but you know you gave it your all when …
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Ryan’s Roast Chicken

17 Ali @ Ali on the Run December 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Congratulations again on the strong—albeit dramatic!—finish. You should be super proud.
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..Well-Rested

18 Sana December 6, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I am sooo glad you are ok! Awesome job by the marathon volunteers!
Sana recently posted..Bushes- Camera- Food

19 Christin@purplebirdblog December 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm

My dad probably would have done the same thing, lol! 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Bacon Extravaganza

20 Michelle... December 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

ha, mine too! when I cut my face open playing rugby, he was taking photos while my mom was freaking out.

Congrats on the PR, Meghann!
Michelle… recently posted..Angels and Demons

21 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 6, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Congratulations again on a great accomplishment!

I have passed out before, and it is SCARY. But it shows that you truly gave it your all!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Bringing in the Holidays

22 Marg December 6, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I’m glad you can laugh about it! I’ve fainted twice due to the heat (wasn’t running). Good thing the guy was right there so you didn’t bite it too hard. I do remember knowing something was wrong right before collapsing though.

23 AnneWF December 6, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Oh you poor thing. Seeing you fall brought tears. I am so happy and excited for you. You did an amazing marathon. You did something I can only dream about and I am in awe. Way to go Meghann!

24 D December 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I commented on your previous post but I can’t help myself! I think you did an amazing job with the marathon and you clearly pushed hard. BUT I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that your family filmed you for nearly a full minute, all while making jokes about your situation, before stopping and going to you. I think it’s cool that you included a note in this post about how it’s scary to collapse, but I feel like this video sort of makes light of it, unfortunately.

25 Anon December 6, 2010 at 3:09 pm

I totally agree. If it were my family I would feel so bad that they would react that way. This actually disturbed me, and disturbs me more that no one finds it amazingly uncharacteristic as a reaction of a loved one in this situation. Sad, wow.

26 Kelly December 6, 2010 at 3:32 pm

My Dad and I were stuck behind a barricade and could not go directly to her side. As I said on twitter earlier I KNEW that she was going to be okay and that she was probably just dehydrated (which is not uncommon after a marathon). I didn’t really get scared until they ran away with her in the wheelchair. At that point my dad and I ran after her crying. I’m sure you can tell from Meghann’s blog how much family is important to us and how much we love each other.
Kelly recently posted..Marathon Spectator

27 D December 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Totally, it’s clear you guys are a great family. My point was just that there’s SO many commenters saying that it’s “AWESOME!” that you stayed to film her instead of helping, and while YOU may have known she was okay in the moment, I think that it’s an unfortunate that people are going to look at that video and say it’s so awesome, when it really does look like you guys weren’t worried at all. But overall it seemed like you guys were great support and fun spectators, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

28 Amy December 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I thought they/the other voices on the video were cheering on *other* marathoners who were finishing …?
Amy recently posted..christmastime village

29 Angela @ A Healthy Fit December 7, 2010 at 7:35 am

D, I have to agree with you.

This video really disturbed me and I couldn’t believe that your family wasn’t more alarmed on the video. I know being behind a barricade is hard, but if you didn’t tell me that it was your family filming, I wouldn’t have known.

I am surprised that no one else is commenting on how scary the fainting is. Nutrition and hydration are so important for endurance events. If you aren’t eating and hydrating properly, your body doesn’t respond well. As someone who didn’t treat herself right during marathon training and who did basically everything incorrect, I just hope that you are taking care of yourself. A PR is awesome, but you don’t want it to be at the expense of your health.

I’m not sure that I would have made the choice to actually show the video, as it is disturbing, and it isn’t the way anyone wants to finish a race.
Angela @ A Healthy Fit recently posted..The beginning of the end

30 Lacey @ Lake Life December 7, 2010 at 10:56 am

It’s also disturbing that Meghann collapsing is being referred to as “falling”. There’s a huge difference.

31 Jess-the Semi Abnormal Gal December 6, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Kelly, you and your Dad totally rock. I would have been in a pure panic, so I give you props to staying so calm. Not to mention being so amazingly supportive and running with your Sis at some points. What a fantastic family!

32 Mia December 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm

I have to say your comment sounds somewhat judgemental. It is clear from the video that it was very difficult to discern what exactly caused her to fall at the end…it almost looked like she was just pooped and in pain, so she fell to the ground (very gracefully, I might add)…Also, the last 20 seconds of the video are completely silent, indicating that both her dad and her sister were concerned for her. There is only so much you can do when there is a fence in the way and medics on the scene. In the future, I wouldn’t be so quick to judge if I were you.

33 Caitlin December 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Also, I just want to add that they know Meghann is a blogger. I would be pretty pissed if my Husband didn’t keep filming. 🙂
Caitlin recently posted..One Snowy Saturday

34 JessicaE December 6, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Your comment made me smile, Caitlin. Way to be a blog trooper haha. 😀

35 Amy December 6, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Ha!
Amy recently posted..christmastime village

36 Halley (Blunder Construction) December 6, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Sorry to see you fall! Usually, I love to laugh at videos of people falling, but this one, not so much! Congrats on the finish, and it’s great to see that you were in good spirits shortly after recovery!!! Also, how come your dad just stood there while you were being wheeled off?? 😛

37 movesnmunchies December 6, 2010 at 2:47 pm

AMAZING job! and we all know you faked that fall.. you just wanted to be carried off by some macho men 😉
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthy Foodie Favs

38 April December 6, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Yikes! So sorry that your amazing run had to end that way but glad you are okay.

39 Amanda December 6, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I’m glad that you’re ok! I can’t imagine how scary that must have been. Not going to lie though, I thought it was pretty hysterical that your dad said “oh, she’s going down. Yep, she’s down” and kept right on filming! 🙂
Amanda recently posted..Time flies!

40 Itecblogger December 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Your race time was just so awesome. You should be so proud of yourself. In the future, I’d love to read a post on how to improve running times. I just never seem to get faster than about 91/2 minute/mile. Way to go- couldn’t wait to check your blog all day to find out how you did!

41 Meghann December 7, 2010 at 11:11 am

Speedwork! Lots of speedwork. 🙂

42 Linda December 6, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Meghann I am so impressed with this race you just ran. I am not a runner but can appreciate the effort and drive it took to get to the end in the time you did. I am 36 and in my eyes you’re still a little lamb. (that’s what I call my sister who is your age) but you are mature beyond your years and have such a healthy approach to food. I wasn’t able to find this approach until after I turned 30. Thanks for you honesty, candor, humor and inspiration!!

43 Lisa (bakebikeblog) December 6, 2010 at 3:15 pm

aww sweetie – I really am glad to hear that you are ok 🙂
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Deep dish delight

44 Kristyn December 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Rock on Meghann!! Congrats on another successful marathon. So glad you are healthy and back into the swing of things…..and still keeping that post race glow! Be that annoying co-worker =) You 110% DESERVE it! wohoo!

45 Kiran December 6, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Scary but obviously a victorious moment that you should cherish 🙂 Congrats!
Kiran recently posted..Pumpkin Cupcakes

46 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm

That was scary! If I had been the one filming you, I would have dropped the camera and totally freaked out! It’s great how calm your dad was though- I’m not the best person to have around in that kind of situation!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Cinnamon cake with spiced buttercream

47 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Glad you are on cloud 9!!! It is scary, but at least you are OK!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..the best boyfriend

48 Heather @ Side of Sneakers December 6, 2010 at 3:40 pm

OH my goodness! I can’t believe your dad got that on tape. Nice timing being right at those volunteers though 😉 They had their act together. Glad you’re ok now!

49 sally kate December 6, 2010 at 3:50 pm

I’m glad you can laugh at yourself- that video is very scary but I have to admit (let me preface this with- just because I knew you were ok now) I giggled a bit watching you putting on your medal and then falling. My parents would have been taping the whole thing too- my mom gets more worried when I’m in a race that she won’t have a picture of me to remember it by than just yelling and cheering me on! 🙂 I’m so proud of your time and that you are able to be excited about the race and not worried about passing out! At my last marathon I had car trouble and wasnt able to make it home for FOUR days and by the time I got home it seemed like an eternity since the race and when people asked me how the trip was all I could focus on was my dang car and not the race- I need to be more like you and focus on the fact that I kicked 26.2 miles booty!

50 Keri December 6, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Wow, your intensity and passion for running is out-of-control awesome…. you are a certified CHAMP! 😀
Keri recently posted..Sweetness

51 Jennifer December 6, 2010 at 4:11 pm

I have been reading your blog for months and decided to finally comment. I love your outlook on life and health. You are a great role-model for all women looking to live a healthy and balanced life-style. Congrats on this past weekend’s marathon!

52 ida December 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Obviously your family loves and supports you. I can’t believe people would even suggest otherwise.
I’m glad your doing well today- nothing beats a marathon high. I can’t wait to hear what you’re planning next:)

53 Jill E. December 6, 2010 at 4:31 pm

i agree. when i saw that photo i was so surprised your dad was not at your side, not to saying he is a bad dad, you had the proper care and i am sure he new it was the best to just stay out of there way though it is crazy to have that sort of footage. nevertheless congrats on such a great accomplishment.

54 gasem December 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm

gatorade has plenty of salt if you want more salt just don’t cut the gatorade with so much water

With dehydration you need more volume not more salt serum sodium goes high not low with dehydration with training your body does an excellent job of learning to hang on to sodium and loading on sodium is not a good idea when you went to the tent they gave you mostly water, 3000cc with a little dab of salt not vis versa.

55 Michelle @ Taste As You Go December 6, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I’m glad you’re feeling better! When I read that you had collapsed, I was really worried for you, but it looks like you were in very capable hands. Also, I think it’s kind of funny that your dad kept filming. 😉
Michelle @ Taste As You Go recently posted..Scharffen Berger Chocolate and a Cooking Class with Chef Elizabeth Falkner

56 JunieB December 6, 2010 at 4:57 pm

wow!!!!!!! glad you are ok! that is so darn crazy to see when it happens to someone you ‘know’. 🙂
JunieB recently posted..Reverb10 – December 4- 5 and 6

57 RunningOnCoffee December 6, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Glad to see it was a gentle fall anyway! Good thing the volunteers were nearby and you didn’t hit your head.

Yes, Meghann’s dad kept filming – but I’m sure barricades were up to prevent spectators from swarming the runners so that in the event something like this happened, the volunteers could quickly move a collapsed runner to the medical tent without any interference or delay.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Month In Review- November December Goals

58 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) December 6, 2010 at 5:48 pm

This was scary to watch! I’m glad you’re feeling better now. I’ve seen this happen at races in the past and it freaks me out everytime. I’m glad someone was there to catch you!
Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) recently posted..CSN WINNER!

59 Allie December 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Hey at least you were caught while falling! You still ran an awesome race 🙂 That ice cream looks soo good!!!
Allie recently posted..Hummingbird Cake

60 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 6, 2010 at 6:36 pm

All you can do about moments like that is look back on them with a smile. It’s not a good thing, but you’ve learned your lesson about hydrating!! I remember on vacation in the Carribbean once I went parasailing with my family and best friend and got MAJOR seasickness. I’m not a puker, but I started hyperventilating, blacked out and ended up getting carpal-pedal spasms where my limbs seized up and I couldn’t move. My dad had to feed me ice chips until I knew where I was again. Not necessarily my shining moment, but it makes for a good story 🙂 Congrats AGAIN on your sub-four!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Megu

61 Ashley December 6, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Two things:
1. Hey – at least you didn’t poop yourself : )
2. Why the crap is your Dad just standing there filming this instead of rushing over to make sure you’re okay? (I mean this in the nicest way possible)
Ashley recently posted..NEW BLOGGY

62 Alyssa December 6, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Yay for your brother! How nice of him to cook dinner for you 🙂

I like your comment at the end about falling; I hope my comment on your marathon post (about it being reassuring that the doctor said he mostly sees experienced marathoners in the tent) didn’t imply that falling down is good! You kicked some serious butt in the marathon!!! 😛

63 Bria December 6, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I just LOL’ed at this ahaha

“WOOO MEGHANNN!!!!”

*wobble walk*

*plop*

Hehe. I’m glad you’re okay — we can all laugh about it now. I have seen many people pass out at marathons. I even saw someone pass out BEFORE the Calgary 70.3 in 2009. He was giving a talk about nutrition, ironically, and he started to wobble and dip. I made my boyfriend run up on stage and grab him. He was very embarassed but just overheated/dehydrated. We all had a good laugh afterwards.
Bria recently posted..Candy Cane Fudge

64 Georgia December 6, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Once again, well done for completing the race (in such brilliant time too!). Was very impressed that you fell with such poise…lol! Glad to hear that you’re feeling better now and can have a giggle about the whole event!
Georgia recently posted..Make

65 Derek December 6, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I don’t think anyone commented her brothers bulging bicep while holding the heavy tongs. oooooooo ahhhhhhhh! 😉

66 Lauren December 6, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I can;t believe he got this on camera. How scary to watch yourself do this, I;m sure. I’m so glad you are okay Meghann! You did awesome by the way! 🙂
Lauren recently posted..Pizza With Santa

67 Cindy D. December 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm

That was a very graceful fall, Meghann. The lady that walked right past you as you were falling? Not so graceful.

Congrats on your “3” marathon!

68 Carrie Beth December 6, 2010 at 8:49 pm

i’ve never watched anyone finish a marathon before. so cool! i’m running the little rock, arkansas marathon in march. it’s my first one 🙂
Carrie Beth recently posted..ruff day

69 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! December 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Congratulations on the race – what an amazing accomplishment!! I am so sorry that happened to you at the end of the race, but it says a lot about your determination run hard until the end! Way to go girl!!!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..On Your Mark- Get SetGO!!

70 Katie December 6, 2010 at 9:52 pm

That video needs a soundtrack!
Katie recently posted..Red beans and rice soup fail

71 Lacey @ Lake Life December 7, 2010 at 10:52 am

Perhaps “Collapse” by Eminem?

72 Katie December 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Or maybe slow-mo the video and a nice classical music sequence
Katie recently posted..Red beans and rice soup fail

73 Elizabeth December 6, 2010 at 10:24 pm

That looks absolutely terrifying! Gutsy to post something like that. But I’m glad that you’re ok.

74 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 6, 2010 at 10:25 pm

That must have been scary! Hope you’re feeling better 🙂
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Procrastinating

75 Laura December 6, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Awesome finish and don’t worry about the people hating on your dad and sister! I think the video is awesome and if it were me, I would’ve wanted them to keep filming too!! 🙂

76 Nicole December 6, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the video! You ran a great race and the medal around the neck as you passed out just proves how much of your heart was there…you live, you learn, and you get back up, I love it!

77 Wendy December 6, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I’m glad you are ok after that scary incident! I know what that feels like, too – I passed out after finishing a half marathon this spring. I was also dehydrated, but didn’t end up needing IV fluids, fortunately. My biggest concern, though, while lying semi-incoherent in the med tent was whether or not I was going to get a finisher’s medal! I started blacking out before I crossed the finish line and couldn’t remember whether I had actually finished the race or not.

Take care of yourself!

78 Meghann December 7, 2010 at 11:17 am

I kept asking about my time in the tent. I made the EMT guy read my Garmin for me. 🙂

79 Emilie December 7, 2010 at 2:47 am

You’re brother is gorgeous. I think you should send him to Denmark 😀

80 MelanieF December 7, 2010 at 7:47 am

I agree! I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures. He’s very handsome!

81 Emilie December 7, 2010 at 2:48 am

Oh – and congrats on your amazing marathon, and I’m glad you’re ok, and I love reading your blog (and I’m sorry I commented on your brother before everything else, somehow it just seemed to be the first thing that came to mind… 😀 )

82 Laura (Starloz) December 7, 2010 at 5:30 am

i’m so proud of you, you’ve learnt a lesson & your next marathon will be without a fall.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Moroccan

83 MelanieF December 7, 2010 at 7:47 am

Congrats on the race! I had tears in my eyes as I was watching your video this morning! I’m just glad you’re ok!

84 Alexa December 7, 2010 at 9:25 am

I’m glad you put that side note about not being proud you collapsed, otherwise Marie Claire might write an article saying that you’re advocating running until you black out. :p
Alexa recently posted..My Favorite Ornament

85 Ilana December 7, 2010 at 9:45 am

Proof that running a marathon is serious business, no? I’m really glad you’re okay!!
the one time I fainted, I was dehydrated and stroked out from heat and humidity in a subway station. When I came to I had no idea where I was and a crowd of strangers was with me, calling an ambulance and getting me water. I called my mom from the ambulance and told her I fainted and was on my way to a hospital. She immediately responded, “No you’re not, stop f**king with me.” I had to put the EMT on the phone so she believed me!!
Ilana recently posted..Techie difficulties

86 Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) December 7, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Wow Meghann, you go girl! I love how you were so determined to put on your metal as you were going down, that’s true determination! I think I’ve watched the video at least 5 times now…so glad you are okay. One day, after lots of training, maybe I too will run a marathon, and now I know about hydrating in the days before.
Katie G (http://justrollwithitblog.blogspot.com) recently posted..Looking ahead to 2011

87 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep December 7, 2010 at 6:20 pm

You totally rock! I can’t wait to see your marathon playlist.

Glad to see you’re ok 🙂
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Sixteen

88 Laura December 8, 2010 at 10:30 pm

What an emotional race! Way to rock out, Meghann!