Date Night with Myself

by Meghann on December 3, 2010

I took myself on a date tonight.

Derek stayed in Tampa for the weekend and it was too late of notice to ask anyone else out, so I treated myself to dinner and a movie. Yes, a movie by myself. No shame in that. πŸ˜‰

Apparently myself is a really cheap date too. I had a craving for Moe’s and went with it.

Mmmm… burritos and chips!

I ordered the Triple Lindy with the works (Plus steak!).

And enjoyed all the chips and salsa that same on the side.

My movie of choice: Love & Other Drugs.

Love-and-other-drugs.jpeg

I had heard mixed reviews on Love & Other Drugs, but really wanted to check it out for myself.

Yes, there’s a lot of nudity (I have a new found appreciation for Anne Hathway’s breasts), but the story line was what really caught my attention. It made me laugh…It made me cry… It made me want to jump Jake Gyllenhal. I believe all that deserves two thumbs up. πŸ™‚

If you’re looking for a great date night movie – go see it! If you’re looking for a great movie to take the kiddies – stay away. πŸ˜›

Oh, and as a side note… I was definitely carded purchasing my ticket tonight. πŸ™‚ I’d like to believe the girl behind the counter really did truly believe I was under the age of 17. I mean I could pass for a high schooler, right? right?!?! πŸ˜‰

After the movie I had a serving of pumpkin ice cream with a crumbled cookie.

And this afternoon I had a Candy Cane Blow Pop (love!)

And a Vanilla Chobani with Blueberries and Granola.

Does anyone else believe the vanilla Chobani tastes like vanilla icing? Because it totally does.

We’re leaving bright and early for West Palm Beach tomorrow morning. I guess I better get around to figuring out what I’m wearing to that pesky marathon on Sunday. Any ideas?!?!?

1 Ali @ Ali on the Run December 3, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Solo date nights are the best! I love going to the movies by myself. The first time I did that I was sort of nervous, but once you do it it’s kind of addicting! Glad you enjoyed!

2 Kiran December 3, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I don’t mind eating out and catching a movie alone πŸ™‚ done that before. But next time don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚
Good luck in West Palm Beach. Keeping the fingers crossed for a breezy weather too!
Kiran recently posted..Pumpkin Cupcakes

3 Bria December 3, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I think a date with myself sounds fabulous πŸ™‚ I was thinking about going to the movies tonight, but was late getting home from the gym. Perhaps tomorrow night that is just what I’ll do! Glad you had fun.

What’s the weather for your race? Can you wear a tank/short or will be dri-fit/capris temperature?
Bria recently posted..It’s the Little Things

4 Evan T December 3, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I liked the story of that movie, but there was just SO much nudity, it felt pretty ridiculous… Did I mention my dad was there?

5 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) December 3, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I love your description of the movie! I’ve been debating going to see it, but haven’t made up my mind yet!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Gettin Back to It

6 Ashley December 3, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I guess I need to try a solo date night soon. I’ve never gone to the movies on my own. πŸ™
Ashley recently posted..Baking in Flannel PJ’s

7 Vanessa December 3, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Vanilla Chobani is one of my favorites. Almost always have one in the fridge!! πŸ™‚
Vanessa recently posted..From Cous Cous to Hummus…

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 3, 2010 at 11:26 pm

I liked that movie! I saw it with my sister, but I have no problem seeing movies by myself on occasion πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..On Not Counting Calories

9 Laura (Starloz) December 4, 2010 at 12:02 am

jake naked & sexing anne, i’m totally in.

your burrito looks perfect!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Ouch

10 Abby December 4, 2010 at 12:22 am

There is noooo shame in going on a date with yourself…the best of the best do that (and by best I mean myself and now you!) I also agree with the part about jumping ole Jake, and now I really want to try the vanilla Chobani. I love your blog so thanks!

11 Lindsay December 4, 2010 at 1:15 am

I go to movies by myself all the time! It started last year when I’d go whenever my then-boyfriend stood me up (yes, pathetically, that happened quite a bit) because it was too late notice to call anyone. But now it’s a tradition for me. I’ll go with a friend if it’s a movie we both are looking forward to, but otherwise, it’s kind of a fun treat for me to just chill out on my own.

12 Allison December 4, 2010 at 1:15 am

I should not be reading food blogs at 1 am ….. now I REALLY want a burrito!

13 movesnmunchies December 4, 2010 at 1:34 am

i LOVE my date nights! i can eat what i want and watch what i want- and even break out in random song ebcause no one else is home!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

14 Christine December 4, 2010 at 1:58 am

I’m married, have my masters, run 1/2 marathons, have traveled to Europe with my little sis, invest money in the stock market, teach 17-18 year old gang members, and yet I still have never, ever gone to a movie alone. It’s ridiculous. Good job on being so comfortable with it- I need to take the plunge πŸ™‚
Christine recently posted..Potter Update

15 Marina December 4, 2010 at 2:12 am

Solo date nights can actually be so much fun. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it!

16 Brenna December 4, 2010 at 4:31 am

Looks like a cute movie – I’ve never heard of it!
Brenna recently posted..bon weekend

17 jen December 4, 2010 at 7:23 am

I think I need a date night with myself as well, looks like a perfect evening!!!

Jen
jen recently posted..Weight Watchers

18 Lauren December 4, 2010 at 7:50 am

Thanks for this review. I’ve really wanted to see it but I hadn’t heard any reviews on it. I wouldn’t take Anne Hathoway for the nude scene type but I’m sure she pulled it off.
Glad it was a wonderful night with yourself! I think more people should do this more often.
Lauren recently posted..Baby Its Cold Outside

19 Haleigh December 4, 2010 at 8:40 am

I have been wanting to go see that movie, but no one else has wanted to go! Maybe I should take myself on a date! It seems like a lot of fun πŸ™‚
Haleigh recently posted..Not A Friday Person

20 Matt December 4, 2010 at 9:01 am

I have actually never been to a movie solo! It actually sounds like it would be great… No one to bother you πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Found My β€œSole Mate”

21 Ali December 4, 2010 at 9:04 am

That burrito looks so good, I love Moes πŸ™‚ Glad you liked the movie–I’ve never gone out to dinner or a movie by myself but I think that would be fun to try every now and then.
Ali recently posted..Dehydrated

22 Katie December 4, 2010 at 9:08 am

I like seeing movies by myself. You’re not talking to the person you’re with anyway. Good luck tomorrow!!
Katie recently posted..You’re free- lunch! You’re freeeee!

23 Heather @ Side of Sneakers December 4, 2010 at 9:09 am

I treated myself to a date night with Moe’s too πŸ˜‰ mmmm
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..The 10 Best Holiday Eating Tips You’ll Ever Read

24 Lee December 4, 2010 at 9:32 am

I tried to convince my husband to go see that last night but it didn’t work. Instead, we watched Toy Story 3 on DVD.
Lee recently posted..A Tale of Two Chilis

25 Sammi December 4, 2010 at 9:35 am

Have fun in my town! Wish I was there. Don’t forget to eat at Darbsters! (palm cake sandwich!)

26 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather December 4, 2010 at 9:38 am

Fun date night for you! I’ve heard mixed reviews about that movie too.

I am loving Chobani right now. I actually have a giveaway for it going on right now too – check it out if ya like: http://www.healthywithheather.com/2010/11/30/yogurt-for-me-%e2%80%93-yogurt-for-you/
Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather recently posted..100 Burpee Blast &8211 Day 6

27 Madeline - Greens and Jeans December 4, 2010 at 9:39 am

I love going to the movies by myself! It let’s me see things without worry if anyone else is liking it!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..shine on urban campers

28 Krystina December 4, 2010 at 9:41 am

That date sounds like perfection.
Krystina recently posted..Wine Poached Shrimp

29 Hope December 4, 2010 at 9:45 am

Your date sounds like fun! I’ve never gone to the movies by myself but I have always wanted to. I totally agree with you on the vanilla Chobani! It does taste like vanilla frosting! Yum!
Hope recently posted..The Tree That Sparkled…

30 rebecca lustig December 4, 2010 at 10:06 am

fact: taking yourself out on a date can be the perfect remedy for anything wrong.

there’s something so relaxing and self-soothing about it!

one more deay!!

31 Balanced Healthy Life December 4, 2010 at 10:19 am

Your night sounds perfect! I have been wanting to see that movie!

32 Ashley @ the fit academic December 4, 2010 at 11:03 am

I love to hang with myself sometimes! Not just “date nights” but entire “me DAYS” lol. I will have to try that Vanilla Chobani – if it tastes that good then I must try!
Ashley @ the fit academic recently posted..Fun Friday!

33 Tab- Just Weighing In December 4, 2010 at 11:24 am

I had vanilla Chobani for breakfast yesterday and while it doesn’t taste quite like icing to me… it still tastes yummy! πŸ™‚
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Sweet Friday

34 Cynthia December 4, 2010 at 11:29 am

I love that movie! Some of the nudity did seem a bit over the top, but I also really enjoyed the storyline. It was really sweet. πŸ™‚

Nothing wrong with taking yourself on a date. I’ve done that before as well. I’m sure you deserved some quality alone time.

35 Shanna, Like Banana December 4, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Totally agree with you on the vanilla chobani..it tastes incredible and is the perfect base for any add-ins…like a bit of maple..haha
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..Say it is so β€” Maple lattes making a comeback!

36 Natalia - a side of simple December 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm

True life, “you” can be your own best date. Plus, the conversation is great πŸ˜‰
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..a rough start

37 RunningOnCoffee December 4, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I love Moe’s! It’s close to work, so I get to eat there once every week or two when I meet up with some coworkers from another building for lunch. I haven’t had a bad thing there yet!

I was interested in seeing Love & Other drugs, but didn’t think hubby would be. Maybe the promise of on-screen boobs would help. haha.

I have tried Vanilla Chobani and I like that it isn’t an artificial tasting vanilla, but I still think I prefer the plain with fruit & granola. I just didn’t love the vanilla as much as I had hoped to.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Try On Report- Lululemon Run- Dash Crop

38 Kelly H. (Runing Phoodie) December 4, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal is my idea of the perfect man! Mmmm so dreamy πŸ™‚
Kelly H. (Runing Phoodie) recently posted..Hot Yoga

39 Page December 4, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I love that you went on a date night by yourself. That’s what I was going to do but instead I’m inside creeping blogs πŸ™‚

40 Jayce December 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I just have to say that I was totally carded when I bought my ticket to that movie, too!!! I don’t even always get carded for alcohol anymore! The movie was good but not amazing.

41 Danielle December 4, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I’m not a fan of vanilla chobani… too sweet for me! I do like taking myself, and only myself, to movies though! I’m good company πŸ™‚

42 CampingGirl December 5, 2010 at 8:34 am

I love going to the movies alone! I have been really wanting to see that movie, I’m glad that you liked it.
CampingGirl recently posted..Christmas Shopping check!

43 Shelley December 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I love going to movies by myself, it means I also get all my popcorn to myself πŸ˜‰
Shelley recently posted..A Good Run!