Katy Can Dance!

by Meghann on December 2, 2010

I learn something new about my friends everyday.

For instance: tonight I learned that my friends Katy is a badass dancer.

Seriously, this girl can move!

IMG_9473.JPG IMG_9474.JPG IMG_9476.JPG

πŸ™‚

A holiday festival was happening in downtown College Park this evening. It was perfect weather for it too. A slight chill in the air and a sky full of stars – it finally feels like Christmas. πŸ™‚

IMG_9470.jpg IMG_9528.JPG

I wasn’t there specifically for the festival, but it was a nice bonus. πŸ™‚

I had actually made the trek to College Park to have dinner with these lovely ladies

J + Bess + Katy (pictured above) – Gorgeous, aren’t they?

These ladies are rockin’ powerhouse bloggers in the Orlando area. Seriously. I love having the chance to pick their brains when ever I can. I swear I learn so much every time I hang out with other bloggers. πŸ™‚

We met for dinner at Harmoni to discuss all things social media and Orlando.

I ordered the Mediterranean Nachos (pitas topped with hummus, dip, etc) and tried my best to capture a good photo.

(obviously unsuccessful πŸ˜‰ )

Pretty photo or not it was a delicious dinner enjoyed with friends. I’d call it a success.

Before I left work I had a serving of PB Puffins.

And a cookie from the Beauty Shop. πŸ˜‰

There were also homemade cookies.

The urge to bake only grew stronger at the holiday festival – the only thing missing was Hot Chocolate!

I made a batch of Bridget’s Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

And had 3 right out of the oven

Delicious.

Maddie helped clean.

Now I have to clean what Maddie ‘cleaned.’

Good Night!

1 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 2, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I love all things holiday- that looks like fun!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..On Not Counting Calories

2 Chloe (The Beauty I Love) December 2, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I love having friends that do something completely different than I do, it makes it so much fun when they suggest activities or we do things I would never even think of! Looks like lots of fun πŸ™‚
Chloe (The Beauty I Love) recently posted..The Beauty

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 2, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Looks like so much fun and the cookies look delicious!

It’s great that there are so many great bloggers down in Orlando! I’m still looking for a core group of great bloggers up here in the Jacksonville area!!!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..You can tell…

4 Bess December 2, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I had such a good time tonight, especially watching Britney – Oops! I mean Katy dance! πŸ˜‰

5 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 2, 2010 at 10:07 pm

From your photos, it looks like you had a great and fun filled night! I love how there are so many holiday celebrations going on right now where everyone gets together! Such great holiday spirit! You dinner looks interesting….I might need to try to make my own creation of those nachos!

6 Dori December 2, 2010 at 10:10 pm

MEDITERRANEAN NACHOS! Never heard of such a thing and now how can I go on living without it?
Dori recently posted..Wild Buddha Designs YogaVibes Giveaway

7 Amanda (Eating Up) December 2, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Ahh this just makes me want to bake Christmas cookies more!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipes- The Appetizers

8 Allie December 2, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Maddie never fails to make me smile!
Allie recently posted..Pizza Connoisseur

9 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat December 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Those are awesome pictures of Katy!! I want her dancing talent!

And those cookies look delicious!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Loving Sunday

10 Ashley December 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm

mm those Mediterranean nachos sound good. So do those cookies, and those puffins. I always get hungry when I come here :p
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

11 Nicole December 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Katy can dance! Was that by chance a flash mob?

12 Katy December 3, 2010 at 7:49 am

Hey Nicole!

Technically, it wasn’t a flash mob — several groups took times performing on stage, and this was scheduled.

However, I was late to the performance and so my part *was* a flash mob! I just jumped in with my jeans and boots πŸ™‚
Katy recently posted..You Asked- Most Effective Sharing Sites

13 Ashley December 2, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Those nachos look great. What an awesome idea!

Maddie seems to have enjoyed the cookies as well…hopefully u remembered to take out the chocolate for her!

14 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 2, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Those nachos look delicious! And ofcourse, the cookies are killer.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Recovery

15 Sana December 2, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Katy is so awesome! I am glad you had a fun dinner!
Sana recently posted..Jar No More

16 emily December 3, 2010 at 12:09 am

Katy looks adorable! But was she part of a flash mob? Or just random dancing?
emily recently posted..I Never Regret a Workout

17 Katy December 3, 2010 at 7:51 am

Emily,

I’ve been known to take part in a lot of random dancing. The grocery store…my car…I seriously can’t stop my booty from shaking when I hear a good beat!

But as I told Nicole above, it was a scheduled performance. I just got to it late, so my part *was* a flash mob! I just jumped in with my jeans and boots πŸ™‚
Katy recently posted..You Asked- Most Effective Sharing Sites

18 Stefanie December 3, 2010 at 1:29 am

Looks like a blast! It’s funny how there are SO many things you don’t know about a person until the situation comes up! Even someone you’ve known for years! πŸ™‚
Stefanie recently posted..Dinner is another winner!

19 movesnmunchies December 3, 2010 at 2:04 am

LOOK at that chocolate chip action! that dancing looks so fun! who doesn’t love some spontaneous dance break out!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

20 Brenna December 3, 2010 at 4:25 am

Christmas festivals are different when it’s not cold out! hehe. Looks like fun!
Brenna recently posted..reims- II christmas style

21 Katy December 3, 2010 at 7:48 am

You are so cute — it IS really fun to see what hidden talents friends have. I’m lucky enough to know you, call you friend and see some of your skills in person. πŸ™‚

Blast as always to see you.
Katy recently posted..You Asked- Most Effective Sharing Sites

22 Hope December 3, 2010 at 8:44 am

I love peanut butter puffins! They are my obsession!
Hope recently posted..The Dog Days Are OverThe Dog Days Are Done…

23 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life December 3, 2010 at 9:23 am

It looks like you had a fun evening! How fun does that festival look?!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Reverb10- Prompt 3- Moment

24 MelanieF December 3, 2010 at 9:31 am

There seems to be a lot of bloggers in and around the Orlando area. πŸ™‚ I travel there at once a year for holiday (Disney + Universal), and I am surprised that many blogs that I read that are in Orlando. πŸ™‚

25 Alina @ Duty Free Foodie December 3, 2010 at 9:42 am

Those are some pretty badass dancing photos fo sho. Side note: I can’t believe that there are places in the world where people are wearing sweaters right now. This is insanity.
Alina @ Duty Free Foodie recently posted..Seafood Chowder from Heaven

26 Bridget December 9, 2010 at 8:04 am

Ahhh how did I miss this?! πŸ™‚
I love to dance and that looks so fun!!

I also love that you made my cookies!! Glad you liked them πŸ™‚

I’m so jealous of your “outdoor” activities as it’s in the teens this morning up in Mass! Have a great day Meghann!!