December

by Meghann on December 1, 2010

Welcome to December!

Can you believe it’s the last month of 2010?!?! Where did this year go? 2010 has been such a great year! Does it really have to end in 31 days? Boooo….

At least that means 2011 is right around the corner. I have no big plans for 2011 just yet, but I know that can change any minute. 😉

Random Fact: On this day in 1994 I fell out of a tree and broke my femur bone. I was in the hospital in traction for 22 days and then in a half body cast for a month and a half after that. I now have a collection of lovely scars on my right leg from the incident and one day I hope to dig up old photos to share on the blog. Anyone interested in seeing my nine year old self in a half body cast? Yeah, I thought so.

So, many stories I could tell from that time in my life, but I’ll wait until I have the photos. 🙂

I kicked off the first day of December with a walk on the treadmill. I set the incline at 5.0, the speed at 3.5, grabbed Mini Shoppaholic (yes, I’m still reading it – its been a busy couple of months!), and went at it for 30 minutes.

Post- walk breakfast: Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Smoothie.

IMG_9279

Because doesn’t the first day of December just scream smoothie to you? 😉

IMG_9285

IMG_9290

Pumpkin + Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Smoothie Match Mad in Heaven 🙂

IMG_9293

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!

Whoa…. we look COLD in that photo. 😉

1 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 1, 2010 at 9:00 am

Have a great day! I can’t believe it is December either! Where has 2010 gone?
Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Christmas Time is Here

2 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 1, 2010 at 9:01 am

HAHA I’d LOVE to see those pictures. Must have been incredibly painful, but at least now you can get a laugh out of it!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Carb Heaven

3 Shannon December 1, 2010 at 9:11 am

Hi meghann, just wanted to make a quick comment. I read your blog all the time. I saw you at the space coast half marathon ( I was running with my brother). I would have said hi but I didn’t want be that creepy weirdo :(. When I was 3 I also broke my right femur; I fell off a swing and was also in traction for a few weeks and had a half body cast. My mom made Velcro underwear for me….lol. There are some great pictures from that :). Have a great day

4 Meghann December 1, 2010 at 9:22 am

OMG – I had velcro underwear too! I still have a pair as a keepsake.

Out of curiosity…. are you from the Titusville area?

5 Mimi December 1, 2010 at 9:15 am

Ugh, you lucky Florida girl! I wish I could have a smoothie on the first day of December. And, on the subject of wishing, I also wish it would get above freezing today! Ha.
Mimi recently posted..Black Friday

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat December 1, 2010 at 9:16 am

I totally forgot today was the first day of December until my roommates reminded me. I can’t believe how fast November went! Your breakfast looks and sounds delicious – and yes, I don’t see anything wrong with smoothies in December 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..A word about restaurant salads

7 kim @ girlevolving December 1, 2010 at 9:30 am

I broke my femur when I was 16 in car accident. But they just put a rod and pin in my leg and gave me crutches, telling me to “walk” with crutches in order to push the pieces of bone back together. It freaked me out that I broke my leg, had surgery, and didn’t have a cast. But now I’m 26 and have run 5 marathons, so I guess you and I are both proof that femurs don’t derail us! 🙂
kim @ girlevolving recently posted..december groceries

8 Ali @ Ali on the Run December 1, 2010 at 9:38 am

Cute photo of the two of you! NYC makes for the best photo backdrops 🙂
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..Worth Waking Up For

9 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 1, 2010 at 9:40 am

YES i would love to see those photos! 😀
I also can’t believe how FAST this year has gone! Not long left now…!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Pressures from the blog world…

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday December 1, 2010 at 9:44 am

Yes, welcome to December!
Today is the first real snowfall we’ve had here in Windsor too!
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Black Friday

11 Ashley December 1, 2010 at 9:54 am

That may be the worst picture ever! 🙂 Yes, we were SO cold in that picture!! Thanks for the warm wishes from FL! 🙂 They brought us a mini hurrican today, 60 degrees, rain and heavy wind!
Ashley recently posted..The Perfect Gift For Your Mother-In-Law

12 Meghann December 1, 2010 at 9:58 am

I love that photo! I believe it was taken approximately 5 mins after I first met you. Who knew almost a year later we would be such great friends? Oh wait, I knew that! 😉 I hope you have a great birthday!

13 Amanda (Eating Up) December 1, 2010 at 9:55 am

My favorite month has come and gone (November)….but my second favorite month is here. Bring it on December! 🙂
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipes- The Appetizers

14 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) December 1, 2010 at 9:58 am

That is my three favorite flavor combinations!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..On Not Counting Calories

15 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather December 1, 2010 at 9:58 am

It’s crazy that December is here! I’m sure your come up with some awesome activities come the new year.

16 Jordan December 1, 2010 at 10:07 am

Hey Meghann, it’s your long lost roomie (and ballet buddy), haha. I’ve been reading your blog, it’s a good way to keep up with what you’re doing. I remember when you broke your leg, I felt so cool cause I got to call you at the hospital, and then you came to visit us at dance class. And then years later sitting next to you in English when you freaked me out cause you could move your scars! Good times! And by the way, I have no idea how you ate a smoothie, it is FREEZING here in Tallahassee!!!

17 Meghann December 1, 2010 at 2:55 pm

haha – you write it like I wouldn’t remember who you are. 😛

18 Matt December 1, 2010 at 10:25 am

I can’t believe this year is almost over! It seriously feels like January was last month!

Are you still planning on that half iron(wo)man? LOL.
Matt recently posted..Shrimp Quesadillas

19 Shanna, like Banana December 1, 2010 at 10:40 am

I still have not done smoothie in a bowl..what am I waiting for?!?
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..7 pieces of pie…really!!

20 Lauren December 1, 2010 at 10:52 am

Haha, smoothies only scream December in Southern Florida!
Lauren recently posted..I Surrender!

21 Kelly December 1, 2010 at 10:52 am

The fact that it is december is just scary, cannot believe it, haha.
Kelly recently posted..Roommate Dinner

22 Angela December 1, 2010 at 10:54 am

Drinking pb basically? Heheh I’ll try it! Almost out of the Reese’s supply my mom sent me. Good thing she’s sending almond butter next! So sad the Germans haven’t discovered how good pb and almond butter can be!
Angela recently posted..Winter Budgeting

23 grocery goddess jen December 1, 2010 at 11:01 am

I absolutely want to see pictures of you in the half body cast! That’s so terrible!

Unfortunately the weather here in Western North Carolina is NOT great for smoothies…lots of places had a dusting of snow!
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Since We Last Spoke

24 Ashley December 1, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Ugh I’m in Eastern NC. No snow for us..ever.
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

25 Christin@purplebirdblog December 1, 2010 at 11:03 am

That smoothie has inspired me to make a pumpkin/chocolate protein powder mix for breakfast too! 🙂
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Roommate to the Rescue

26 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) December 1, 2010 at 11:44 am

So what was the best part of being in the hospital for 22 days?
I know all about being in the hospital for a long time. I liked the cards I got in the mail each day…
My mom would read them to me two or three times each day because I couldn’t remember her reading them so she would do it again
I love my mom
Lew

27 Haleigh December 1, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Wow, 22 days in the hospital. That’s intense. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a hospital for more than a few hours.

This year has gone by so fast! It’s insane how fast the time flies once you’re out of high school. Back then time went by much slower.
Haleigh recently posted..Speechless

28 Marina December 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm

December really came quickly!
22 days in hospital? Yikes. That was awful I bet.
I would love to see those photos though 😀

29 Biz December 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I am proud to say, at age 42, I’ve never broken a single bone – even playing 8 years of field hockey! 😀
Biz recently posted..Gluten Free Pizza!

30 Jessica @ The Process of Healing December 1, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I can hardly believe that it’s almost 2011.. seems like this year just started!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Recovery

31 Jessica@tastyandtrim December 1, 2010 at 12:58 pm

mmmm a chocolate pumpkin peanut butter smoothie sounds so delicious!! I can’t believe it’s already December – November flew by!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Tasty New Fro-yo Spot

32 Ashley December 1, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I would go crazy being in a hospital for that long. The year really has flown by at least you get smoothies in december to celebrate 😀
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

33 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Delicious breakfast!
Hope December is a great month for you and a great way to end 2010! 🙂
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..In a Rut

34 Clare @ Fitting It All In December 1, 2010 at 1:22 pm

AH that accident is crazy!! I once broke my neck…
Also your smoothie looks delicious. If only I lived in FL and could drink smoothies in December:)

35 Kelly December 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Yikes, I knew a girl in elem school who fell of the gigantic slide on the playground and had to be in a body cast. That’s gotta be extra painful for a nine year old.
Kelly recently posted..Freestyle’n

36 Jenny Pargeon December 1, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I remember when you broke your leg and had to wear that cast:-( Of course I also remember babysitting all of you guys before as well:-)

37 Sana December 1, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Oh god. I am glad you are ok now! You were always an adventurous one?
Sana recently posted..Lazy Girl’s Lunch

38 Gwen December 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm

How are you liking Mini Shopaholic? I didn’t find it as fun as the original. But I do love chicklit 🙂

39 Lacey @ Lake Life December 1, 2010 at 9:40 pm

The first day of December did not scream “smoothie” to me but more of a “slushy”. It started off downpouring then switched to snow around noon.
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Columbus was a pilgrim…I swear

40 Shannon December 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Hey! I am from Melbourne. I graduated from eau gallie high school in 2003. My family is still there so I visit a lot.