Feels like summer still

by Meghann on November 30, 2010

Want to know what a Florida girl wears on the last day of November?

IMAG0349

Ummmm…. yeah. Today’s high is in the 80s and if I wasn’t at work I would be contemplating laying out by the pool right about now. We’re suppose to cool down tomorrow with highs in the –wait for it – lower seventies (break out the winter coat!) and I’m hoping those temps will stay through my marathon weekend.

So far, so good.

marathonforecast

After freezing at Disney and sweating my butt off in Chicago I’m hoping to catch a break here. 🙂

I broke into a sample bag of Pop  Chips for my bag today.

IMG_9223

The company sent me a big pack of Pop Chips a while ago and I’ve slowly been eating my way through them.

I had a noon meeting today, which meant lunch was on the late side. Let me just say that noon meetings are no bueno. I spent the whole meeting dreaming of my ideal lunch and by the time I got home I couldn’t wait to dig in.

IMG_9227

I made a delicious tabouli, hummus, parmesan, and spinach sandwich on whole wheat toast.

IMG_9232

With a side of apple and pickle.

IMG_9234

And I found this beauty calling my name from the office kitchen when I returned to work.

download

Oreo Brownie? Don’t mind if I do. 🙂

Hi Ho Hi Ho

It’s back to work I go. 🙂

1 Allie November 30, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Wow, you are so lucky it is warm in Orlando! In Pittsburgh it’s in the 30’s. You lunch looks delicious 🙂 I’ve never had an oreo brownie but I do love oreo cream pie.
Allie recently posted..Seafood Galore

2 Ashley November 30, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Its so hot here too. And by hot I mean in the 70s 😉 I went outside in a cute light fall jacket and almost roasted on my walk to class. My rooms heat is broken as well so at night I freeze. I’m not quite sure which I prefer. I just ate but those photos are making me hungry all over again.

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Your lunch looks absolutely delish!! I wish we had some of your Florida weather up here in Ontario – the sun hasn’t appeared all day and it’s been nothing but rain. Kinda crappy, but I’ll take rain over snow (and scraping ice off my car!) Have a great afternoon! 🙂
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..A word about restaurant salads

4 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 30, 2010 at 2:41 pm

That oreo brownie sounds exquisite!!!
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..In Need of Vegetables &amp the Six Random Questions

5 Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) November 30, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I wish I had your weather, the UK is currently covered in snow and ice!
Stacey (The Habit of Healthy) recently posted..My Letter to Santa

6 Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Have a good rest of your day at work!

7 allison @ livingoneday November 30, 2010 at 2:46 pm

ahhhhh thats amazing. my boyfriend is from tampa but moved up to philly last year and reminds me of the weather every single day!
allison @ livingoneday recently posted..simply having a wonderful christmastime

8 Chrissy (The New Me) November 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Texas is not much better! Up until last week I was still wearing sandals to work. We just had a cold front sweep in a few days ago, and today it’s actually in the 50’s. After growing up in New York I can’t say I mind the warmer winter, but it does feel strange!
Chrissy (The New Me) recently posted..camping while vegan- corn cakes

9 Nicci (NiftyEats) November 30, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Lucky girl, it’s starting to get colder in Texas. It wouldn’t be so bad, if the wind wasn’t blowing. Enjoy the weather while you can.

10 Amanda (Eating Up) November 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Noon meetings sound painful! Except maybe when they’re catered.
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipes- The Appetizers

11 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 30, 2010 at 2:59 pm

This weather sucks!! I’m in St. Pete and it’s in the 80’s. That would be nice if it weren’t almost December. When the heck will I get to wear some long sleeves and curl up under a warm blanket drinking hot cocoa??
Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope recently posted..Riding the Wave

12 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) November 30, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I do not envy you! It’s 61 here- although I would like it to be colder 🙂 I can’t wait to move to a place with four seasons.
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..On Not Counting Calories

13 Nicole November 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm

You’re so lucky! Will I was still wearing my summer dresses.

14 Kelly November 30, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I hope Disney is not freezing this year. I want my first marathon to have the perfect conditions, but don’t we all?

It’s rainy and gross in Charlotte today. 🙁
Kelly recently posted..Freestyle’n

15 Sana November 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Hahahah! I love your cute work outfit :)!
Sana recently posted..Lazy Girl’s Lunch

16 Ali @ Ali on the Run November 30, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Wow, I’m so jealous of the amazing weather there. It’s gross and rainy here in NYC today! Though I have managed to get through November without having to wear tights yet, so I guess I can’t complain! Enjoy the sunshine!
Ali @ Ali on the Run recently posted..Worth Waking Up For

17 Sara November 30, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Being a Florida girl myself, I’m getting so tired of this warm weather! It is November 30th people, I’m craving the frigid 20 degree blue sky weather so I can whip out my peacoat, boots, and scarves 🙂
Sara recently posted..Cyber Monday

18 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 30, 2010 at 3:22 pm

What do those chips taste like? What does a Florida girl wear in December.

19 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 30, 2010 at 3:24 pm

What dies those chips taste like? What does a Florida girl wear in december?

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 30, 2010 at 3:26 pm

What a fantastic lunch!!!

21 Kaitlin November 30, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I’m always so surprised when I see you in shorts or dresses in late months– I forget just how much a temperature difference it is down in Florida.

Hoping for great weather for your marathon!!
Kaitlin recently posted..On Wisconsin

22 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 30, 2010 at 3:43 pm

The weather is no cooler here in Jacksonville! Where’s the cold weather?

Oreo brownie? Bet that was delicious!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..In a Rut

23 CMae November 30, 2010 at 3:44 pm

At least you have sunshine! All gray and dreary in Atlanta today.
CMae recently posted..Jupiter Presents- A Portrait

24 Christin@purplebirdblog November 30, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Pop Chips rock my socks! So good!
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Roommate to the Rescue

25 Holly November 30, 2010 at 3:49 pm

We’ve been riding the temperature roller coaster here in Houston. It was 80 on Thanksgiving, dropped into the 40’s that night, 30’s on Saturday, back to the 70’s on Sunday and 80 yesterday. Today it’s back to 50–for the high! Gotta love “fall” in the south!!

26 jen November 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Picture perfect lunch! I’m convinced sandwich without a side of pickle isn’t complete 🙂

Jen
jen recently posted..Weight Watchers

27 Jenny November 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm

That is definitely NOT the weather forecast in Boston right now.
Jenny recently posted..Munchies Monday- Homemade Veggie Spring Rolls

28 ariel November 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm

what a coincidence! I was eating Pop Chips as I read this. haha! The only thing is that they left my mouth so dry.

I’m jealous of the awesome weather in FL because in PA low 50s & Rainy.

29 Becca November 30, 2010 at 4:20 pm

This seems so weird to me! even our “warm” days hover around the freezing mark!
Becca recently posted..Sneakers… for Sneaking …or Running

30 Kelly H. (Runing Phoodie) November 30, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Oh man, I could never live in Florida. If it’s above the 50’s in November it makes me very grumpy!
Kelly H. (Runing Phoodie) recently posted..Thanksgiving In Virginia

31 Matt November 30, 2010 at 6:08 pm

You guys are having great weather! It is cold and rainy here and I am hibernating in my apartment. LOL.
Matt recently posted..Bama Mom Brines Turkey

32 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 30, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Oreos + Brownies is one of my favorite combos – you can’t go wrong! 🙂
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Is It Time To Say Goodbye

33 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 30, 2010 at 6:28 pm

I’m convinced I was delivered to the wrong address and was really supposed to be born to a family in Florida. Or Hawaii. I HATE the cold, but everyone in my family lives in Philly or even farther north!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Carb Heaven

34 Faith @ lovelyascharged November 30, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Love our nice weather 🙂 I’d be okay with wearing flip flops on Christmas again this year!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Grumpy Bunny needs a smoothie- stat

35 Lauren November 30, 2010 at 7:30 pm

What are people thinking by scheduling meeting at noon? First of all, NO ONE is able to devote their full attention because lets face it, no one is on their best game on an empty stomach. And I’m pretty sure no one solved the problems of the world when they were hungry. Geesh, the 12 o’clock meeting should be banned from all offices.
Lauren recently posted..I Surrender!

36 Natalie November 30, 2010 at 9:16 pm

So jealous, I think I need to move to a warmer climate. It was high of 27 here today…I want summer in November!!
Natalie recently posted..25 Days of Fitness

37 Laura (Starloz) December 1, 2010 at 12:08 am

i should toast the bread first, better idea, thanks!
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..December begins …

38 Marika December 1, 2010 at 3:03 am

Argh, sooo jealous!! I look out the window and all I see is snow. How about if I swap you a guaranteed white Christmas for the opportunity to walk around in a dress and flip-flops for a few days?
Marika recently posted..I did it!

39 Melissa December 1, 2010 at 7:41 am

I need to live in Florida between December and March!
Melissa recently posted..Manic Monday

40 Halley (Blunder Construction) December 1, 2010 at 10:03 am

Whyyyyyyy do I live in New England?! WHY?! We have to kiss the sun goodbye in August!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Area of Trapezoid

41 Jess@atasteofconfidence December 1, 2010 at 2:14 pm

That’s crazzzyyy I can’t believe it’s still in the 80’s there! It’s snowing in NY!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..A trip to the mitten state

42 Lacey @ Lake Life December 1, 2010 at 8:22 pm

My weather forecast is completely jealous of your weather forecast.

Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Columbus was a pilgrim…I swear