Maddie the Spokesdog

by Meghann on November 29, 2010

So, based off your comments in my afternoon post it looks like a lot of people are looking for DSLRs and laptops for Christmas. I hope Santa makes all those wishes come true. πŸ˜‰

I made a rookie blogger mistake this morning and left my camera at home this morning. Woops. Luckily my knight in shining armor was able to drop my camera off at the office on his way out of town. He was also kind enough to drop off a Grande Non-Fat Awake Tea Latte with One Pump of Pumpkin Spice.

He had me text him the drink description because he wanted to get it perfect. Apparently my favorite drink is a little complicated to remember off hand. πŸ˜‰

For lunch today I broke into my freezer soup stash and reheated a bowl of Coconutty Squash Soup from the other week.

I topped the soup with some parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds, and raisins.

It was SPICIER than I remembered. There was no sweetness, just spiciness. πŸ™‚

On the side a mini pita for dipping.

A beautiful container of cherries made for a great afternoon snack.

And an easy stir fry did the job for dinner.

Stir Fry contents:

• Soba Noodles
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Tempeh
  • Mushrooms
  • Carrot
  • Almonds

I tried something different for the sauce. I wanted to go with a peanut butter soy sauce, but was out of of peanut butter. I have tons of almond butter, but I’ve found almond butter is too mild for stir fries. I also had a jar of PB2 on hand. I mixed the PB2 with some soy sauce, but the flavor still wasn’t right, so I added a tablespoon right to the veggies as if it was seasoning.

Adding the peanut butter directly to the veggies was an excellent decision. It sort of coated the veggies and gave that extra peanut buttery flavor I was going for.

To round out the dish I added lots of soy sauce, a shake of ginger, and garlic salt.

Attune Chocolate Bar for dessert.

One of Maddie’s many Christmas presents arrived earlier today and I couldn’t resist giving it to her a little ahead of schedule.

IMG_9196.jpg

Maddie – the official dog of MealsAndMiles.com πŸ˜‰

Despite what her eyes may say, I promise she’s very excited of her role as new spokesdog. πŸ™‚

1 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 29, 2010 at 7:56 pm

Cutest spokesdog EVER!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..so long- farewell

2 Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy November 29, 2010 at 7:58 pm

You had me at the cherries!! Yum! Your dog must be pretty chill–no way mine would let me dress him up πŸ˜‰
Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy recently posted..My weight-loss journey

3 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Love the Dog Shirt.. Oh and I am glad that you love your man.. And how nice it was of him to bring your camera
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..No Gym…

4 Honey B. Nutrition November 29, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Oh my God that is the cutest idea!! Doggy jacket!! Love it, that is so creative and SO cute. πŸ™‚ Love the stir-fry too, I may have to copy it for dinner tomorrow. Almost made soba noodles tonight but didn’t know what to put them with… Thanks!
Honey B. Nutrition recently posted..Spring Cleaning

5 Ashley November 29, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Maddie’s face in that last picture is hilarious! Shes adorable, better than the taco bell dog any day. πŸ˜‰
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

6 Kristina @ spabettie November 29, 2010 at 8:06 pm

OMG she is ADORABLE !! πŸ˜€

love it… and the Side Eye she’s giving you… πŸ˜‰

Jason and I always text each other our orders when we’re picking up coffee or chipolte or whatever. I guess we’re complicated. πŸ˜‰
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving !

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 29, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I love how similar our meals tend to be- cooking for one is where it’s at!! Love the little t-shirt on Maddie!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Carb Heaven

8 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 29, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Awww πŸ™‚ I am sure she’ll love her new job!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Loving Sunday

9 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) November 29, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Ooh, I love the idea of adding PB flour to stir-fry. I haven’t even opened by bag yet but now I have some ideas. πŸ™‚
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Friends Are Family- Too

10 Lauren November 29, 2010 at 8:26 pm

awww what a sweetheart! Not only does he save the day but he makes it an even brighter one with your favorite drink. Derek is adorable! πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..I Surrender!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 29, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Haha… awww too cute! πŸ™‚

The stir fry looks great! Puts my dinner to shame! πŸ˜‰

12 Kelly November 29, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Haha my boyfriend says anything over three words is a high maintenance drink order, I told him to get used to it.
Kelly recently posted..First Day!

13 Cynthia November 29, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Love the cute doggy shirt!!
Cynthia recently posted..Week 4 started with double digits!

14 Shanna, Like Banana November 29, 2010 at 8:40 pm

She’s precious!

That meal looks soooo good. I’m seriously craving thai / asian etc. Nom!
Shanna, Like Banana recently posted..7 pieces of pie…really!!

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 29, 2010 at 8:43 pm

oh that doggie coat is too adorable!!!

16 Alyssa November 29, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I love that shirt!!!!

17 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 29, 2010 at 8:54 pm

She is so precious!!!

18 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow November 29, 2010 at 8:55 pm

She is so precious!

19 Madeline - Greens and Jeans November 29, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Haha, she definitely looks less than pleased!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..frugal fashionista

20 holly @ yepiatethat November 29, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Awww Maddie is so adorable, my dog loves to wear shirts but I never think to take pictures of him in them.

Your dinner looks good too, much better than my salad and cup of tea
holly @ yepiatethat recently posted..Pumpkin Coconut Bread

21 Nicole November 29, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Maddie is too cute in the t-shirt! I had a similar soup for dinner, except I made mine with pumpkin!

22 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) November 29, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Peanut butter makes everything better πŸ™‚ I’ve never tried PB2, but I have peanut flour from Trader Joe’s that I think is similar
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..On Not Counting Calories

23 Allie November 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Awww maddie looks so cute!!
Allie recently posted..Seafood Galore

24 Balanced Healthy Life November 29, 2010 at 9:26 pm

What a nice guy to bring you starbucks along with you camera! : )
Balanced Healthy Life recently posted..Christmas Time is Here

25 Shelley November 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

She is so cute!

26 Haleigh November 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Maddie is so adorable!! I’ve been dog-obsessed lately! My first puppy is coming home with me on January 3! I can’t get enough πŸ™‚
Haleigh recently posted..Speechless

27 Matt November 29, 2010 at 10:09 pm

I think it is a crime to be out of peanut butter. Just sayin πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Tropical Traditions Coconut Peanut Butter Review and Giveaway

28 Sarah November 29, 2010 at 10:17 pm

what a sweetie-pie your pup is! perfect spokes-dog!

29 Dorry November 29, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Love Maddie’s t-shirt!
Dorry recently posted..Healthy Happy Holidays

30 Katie November 29, 2010 at 10:50 pm

I have been loving making peanut sauces with pb2. I suggest adding a packet of sweet n low to the soy sauce mix or using ph2 and stir fry sauce. It’s delicious on rice, veggies, chicken. . I want to try soba noodles!! Any special instructions or tips for them?
Katie recently posted..I got jelly on my seat… Jelly

31 Laura November 29, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Awww Maddie. Her expressions are priceless.
Laura recently posted..Tis the season- an awesome gift for that preggo in your life

32 Kaitlin November 29, 2010 at 11:34 pm

That stir fry looks delicious! And Maddie is adorable as spokesdog πŸ™‚
Kaitlin recently posted..On Wisconsin

33 BroccoliHut November 29, 2010 at 11:49 pm

LOVE the idea of adding raisins to a squash-based soup!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Winter Wonderland

34 Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy November 30, 2010 at 12:26 am

That stir fry looks so good! I’ve never tried soba noodles, but I’ve heard good things about them! PS. I love dog clothes and Maddie is adorable.
Shannon @ Philadelphia Phitness Pharmacy recently posted..Tuna Noodle Cassy

35 movesnmunchies November 30, 2010 at 1:53 am

she is adorable!!! shes loving your blog too πŸ™‚
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

36 Hope November 30, 2010 at 8:00 am

That soup looks delicious! Maddie is adorable!! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Another Recipe Success!…

37 Biz November 30, 2010 at 8:31 am

Maddie looks so fricken cute! When I worked in Chicago, my co-workers and I would go to Starbuck’s and try to use as many words as possible to order a drink. My go to:

Venti Cafe Au Lait Double with organic milk, no whip with sugar free vanilla! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Reuben Quiche and My Favorite Snowman

38 amanda November 30, 2010 at 8:58 am

maddie looks stylish! what a cutie!

that stir fry looks so tasty.
amanda recently posted..it snowed on thanksgiving!

39 Casey November 30, 2010 at 9:04 am

She looks absolutely adorable. πŸ™‚ What a sweetie!

40 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 30, 2010 at 9:22 am

I love Maddie’s new outfit, so cute!
Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather recently posted..Yogurt for me – Yogurt for you

41 Mimi November 30, 2010 at 9:29 am

I almost *like it* when I am low on ingredients in the kitchen… It makes me be inventive, which often leads to fun discoveries!
Mimi recently posted..Black Friday

42 Melissa November 30, 2010 at 9:55 am

hahaha! I once put a bow tie on my cat and got the same look
Melissa recently posted..Manic Monday

43 Michelle C November 30, 2010 at 10:31 am

She has the cutest stinkeye!!! πŸ™‚

44 Amanda (Eating Up) November 30, 2010 at 10:43 am

Haha Maddie has the best poses!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Thanksgiving Recipes- The Appetizers