Time to Run and Decorate

by Meghann on November 27, 2010

Guess whose running a half marathon tomorrow?

IMG_3874.jpg

Not me, but I’ll be there spectating three of my favorite runners!

It’s weird going to an expo for a race I won’t be running. I kept wanting to hand my last name over and pick a bib up.

I stayed strong though and played my role of supportive girlfriend/ sister at the expo. I even studied the race map to plan out my optimal spectating points.

IMG_3880.jpg

They are going to rock this race!

Check out what my little brother surprised me with this morning!!

A Meals and Miles Shirt!!! I had no idea he had bought one. I love my little brother. πŸ™‚

We stopped at Publix on the way home and picked up subs for everyone.

Kelly and I split a full veggie sub with the works. It was delicious.

It’s a family tradition to pick up a Christmas Tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

We’ve been going to the same Christmas tree lot for years to pick out our tree. The guy who runs the place knows exactly what we want and never steers my Dad wrong.

I kept telling my Dad to ‘Go Big or Go home’

IMG_8582.jpg

But he wasn’t catching the hint. πŸ™‚

IMG_8602.jpg

Our family Christmas Tree πŸ™‚

I guess we better start decorating!

IMG_8624.jpg

1 Evan Thomas November 27, 2010 at 4:21 pm

We got our tree today, too! It feels like December already πŸ™‚

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 27, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Aww that’s such a sweet surprise! πŸ™‚
I love getting and decorating the Christmas tree- that’s when I think Christmas really begins! πŸ™‚

3 Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy November 27, 2010 at 4:30 pm

It’s so weird to see you all in tank tops and shorts in December! wow! I always had trouble feeling all Christmas-y when I was living down south!
Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy recently posted..No Thanks

4 Kate November 27, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Glad to know my family isn’t the only one that decorates right after Thanksgiving πŸ™‚
Kate recently posted..The night before Thanksgiving

5 Angela November 27, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I love Christmas tree farms. And how sweet of your darling brother to buy a Meals and Miles t-shirt!
Angela recently posted..Weekly Spending Recap- 22-11-28-11

6 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 27, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Your outfit is adorable! Looks like you had a fun day, enjoy watching the race!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..I truly am a ten year old

7 Kelly November 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm

You have inspired me to create my own t-shirt to wear during my marathon. πŸ™‚

It’s good to see someone else goes with the real Christmas tree, not the fake ones. I’ve had a real Christmas tree every single year.

8 movesnmunchies November 27, 2010 at 4:49 pm

wow you are on top of things! i’m only just recovering from Thanksgiving- i gotta get my xmas booty moving!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

9 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston November 27, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Hey, where is your purple vest from Meghann? It’s so cute!

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 27, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Haha… “go big or go home.” I say that all the time. πŸ™‚ It’s my mantra! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..One Step Forward…Two Steps Back

11 Matt November 27, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Tell them good luck for me tomorrow!
Matt recently posted..A Very Bama-Thanksgiving

12 Sana November 27, 2010 at 6:12 pm

:)! I love that you guys all get together for Christmas tree shopping! Good luck to your runners!
Sana recently posted..Sometimes

13 Ashley November 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Your vest is really cute. I’ve never had a real tree, always the fake kind, such a cool tradition to pick one out together every year.

14 Allie November 27, 2010 at 7:20 pm

aww, it is so nice of you to be a spectator! I’m sure they will appreciate it πŸ™‚ The Christmas tree is adorable too.
Allie recently posted..No turkey this Thanksgiving

15 jen November 27, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Growing up we always hit the Christmas tree farm Saturday morning after Thanksgiving and then spent the weekend decorating. When Spence and I got married we lived in an apartment and real trees were banned so we bought a fake one and we have had it ever since. I miss a real tree πŸ™ When this one can’t be put up anymore, we’re going back to live trees!!!
Have a very merry Christmas season πŸ™‚

Jen
jen recently posted..Thanksgiving Through Pictures

16 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 27, 2010 at 7:46 pm

I miss going out with my family and picking out a Christmas tree!! Good luck to the runners tomorrow!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Black Friday No Law School!

17 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep November 27, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Mmmm… Publix has the most delicious hoagies! I’ll never forget what we all thought the pronunciation of Publix was when me and all my roomies moved in to work at Disney.

Good luck to your siblings! I can’t wait to be a spectator one of these days!
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Philadelphia Half Marathon Recap

18 Laura (Starloz) November 27, 2010 at 8:14 pm

i’m sorry but no christmas stuff till december 1st for me
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..My First Thanksgiving Recap

19 Carolyn @ lovinlosing November 27, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Ever since we moved to Virginia we get our tree from our church. A tad bit expensive, but at least it goes to a good cause. Maybe we’ll get ours next weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Foodziecom Giveaway

20 Amanda November 27, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I love your family! So cute! And you seem to really appreciate them, which makes it even more awesome.

21 Laura November 27, 2010 at 10:32 pm

What a pretty tree! For some reason I’m more anxious than usual this year to get my tree up and decorated.
Laura recently posted..Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken

22 Kiran November 28, 2010 at 1:14 am

It’s the best time of the year – from Halloween to Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year! I love it πŸ™‚ Enjoy decorating!
Kiran recently posted..Stir-fry Tilapia with Asparagus

23 Sarah @ EatRunGarden November 28, 2010 at 9:13 am

Christmas tree shopping with the family is so much fun, every year when we go my brother and sister fight over which tree we should get. They both always want the biggest tree possible and then when we finally get it home my mom always says “what were we thinking!”
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..More to be Thankful for

24 amanda November 28, 2010 at 1:19 pm

GREAT tree. it makes me giggle seeing you guys christmas tree hunting while wearing t-shirts and shorts. that doesn’t happen on the east coast.

love your little bros shirt!
amanda recently posted..it snowed on thanksgiving!

25 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I must say, there is something strange about seeing people picking out their Christmas tree, wearing t-shirts! Born & raised in New England, where Christmas’ are almost always white. But, I would trade it all for a pair of shorts right now.
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Camera 20

26 Jocelyn November 29, 2010 at 8:52 am

i love that you all are wearing short sleeves to buy a christmas tree!! so jealous
Jocelyn recently posted..Golf Time