more ยป" />

A Hometown 10 Miler

by Meghann on November 27, 2010

Good Morning! :)

Today is a good day. Slept 8 hours, ran 10 miles, had breakfast with my family… yep, it’s a good day. :)

Derek and I were up before 7:00 this morning ready to run. He did his final 3 miler before his half marathon tomorrow morning and I did a casual 10 miler around my parents’ hometown. The 10 miles were slow, but with one week before my full I wanted to take it as easy as possible. My legs felt good – I can’t believe the race is so close!

After my run I took a quick shower and gobbled up one of my Dad’s famous waffle.

We were out of syrup, so I topped mine with left over cinnamon pears from Thanksgiving morning and a little vanilla yogurt.

Tastes like home. :)

Plans for today:

• Pick up race packets
  • Gather Spectator Supplie
  • Buy Christmas Tree
  • Decorate

Let’s get this party started!!

1 Lacey @ Lake Life November 27, 2010 at 10:01 am

That waffle just literally made my stomach growl! I have Christmas decorating on the agenda for today as well!

2 kristy @ kristyruns.com November 27, 2010 at 10:07 am

Sounds like a great day is going to get even better! Have fun! :)
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..Bloggers- Bloggers Everywhere!

3 grocery goddess jen November 27, 2010 at 10:07 am

Wahoo! Sounds like the perfect morning. Have a great day.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..No Dice

4 Honey B. Nutrition November 27, 2010 at 10:14 am

Very inspiring!! Was going to run 8 miles with the husband this morning but it is TOO cold out at the in-laws’. Planning to run at the gym later when we get back to NYC. If anyone wants to hold me accountable, please feel free! Likelihood of workouts always dwindles the later it gets…
Honey B. Nutrition recently posted..Chocolate for Breakfast So

5 Ashley November 27, 2010 at 11:17 am

That waffle looks really yummy. Sounds like a fun productive day you’ve got planned. :)
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

6 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 27, 2010 at 11:32 am

Here’s my question–how did you get Derek to do another half-marathon? I need your powers of persuasion with my boyfriend ;)
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Black Friday No Law School!

7 Biz November 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I wish I could start decorating today, but its too soon for my husband – boo! :(
Biz recently posted..Breakfast Nachos!

8 Dori November 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

MMMMMMMMM waffle.
Dori recently posted..4 Mile Race to Deliver Recap PR!!!

9 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 27, 2010 at 2:24 pm

I just tried to eat my computer screen, hoping I would somehow get your delicious-looking waffle instead. It failed :(

10 Julie at Honey B. November 27, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Feeling very lazy suddenly

11 Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy November 27, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I’m feeling more and more pathetic for having my tree and decorations up going on three weeks now…lol. It’s the best part of this time of year and we just couldn’t wait!
Tangy @ A Taste of Tangy recently posted..No Thanks

12 Cristina December 22, 2011 at 10:50 am

Yummy those sound delicious! My husbands uncle sends us Kringle every christmas. It is the most delicious pastry in the world. I cut each one into 18 pieces and it last us almost all year long.