Black Friday

by Meghann on November 26, 2010

12 Hours

13 Stores

6 Girls

1 Expedition

It Must be Black Friday. ;)

Ever wondered what Target looks like at 6:00am? Yeah, me either. But I know now!

My Mom, two aunts, sister, little brother’s girlfriend, and I were up at 5:00 am ready and roaring to shop. We spent the morning in east Orlando hitting Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Old Navy, Best Buy, etc. It was an intense morning of deal seeking. ;)

Before we left the house I had pear as my pre-breakfast.

Once we had a few hours of shopping behind us, we stopped at Panera for breakfast.

IMG_3852.jpg

I had an Egg & Cheese Sandwich on a Whole Grain Bagel.

My food didn’t even have time to digest before we were up and at it again. This time, we headed to the mall.

So many great ‘before noon deals!’ I had tons of success at Express, New York & Co, and Ann Taylor Loft with 40% off the entires store in addition to discounted coupons I already had on hand!

Score!

Around noon we broke for lunch at an Indian restaurant down the road from the mall. This was my mom and aunts’ first experience with Indian food, so we opted for the buffet option.

After assuring m aunt that Indian food ‘isn’t spicy,’ I felt instantly guilty when the first bite I had was some of the spiciest Indian food I had ever tried. I guess buffet style Indian food is automatically super spicy?

It was good, but between the 6 of we we downed 2 or 3 pitchers of water and split several plats of orange slices at the end. Something tells me I didn’t my mom and aunts over to the ‘Indian lovers for life club. ‘ Oh well.

We had too much shopping to do to worry about food anyways. ;)

IMG_3867.jpg

Needless to say by the end of the day, we were running out of room for the 6 of us in the expedition!!

Pumpkin Bread stashed in my purse for a mid-afternoon snack.

We called it quits just 12 short hours after pulling out of the driveway.

I was quite proud of my haul (however, my credit card as seen better days…. ;) )

No peaking until Christmas!

After a long day of being on feet, I kept it simple for dinner with a basic left over Thanksgiving salad.

With a beer for good measure

IMG_8557.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball for dessert

I’m off to fight Derek for the remote.

Let’s see here – Life: Primates vs Elf – which would you choose?

1 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 26, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I love to smile, smiling’s my favorite!! Elf, hands down!!!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..thanksgiving feast

2 ariel November 26, 2010 at 8:30 pm

haha! I picked Elf! After shopping, a nice brain-numbing movie is called for. =)

3 Lacey @ Lake Life November 26, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Haha I’m watching Elf so I say we watch together!

P.S. It looks like your sister has a “little Buzz” poking out of her Buzz Lightyear towel lol!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Columbus was a pilgrim…I swear

4 Lacey @ Lake Life November 26, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Oops, replace “towel” with Snuggie :-)
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Columbus was a pilgrim…I swear

5 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep November 26, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Elf!!! Looks like you had an awesome day!
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Philadelphia Half Marathon Recap

6 Dori November 26, 2010 at 8:40 pm

No deal is worth that stress for me! Although you don’t seem to find it stressful so more power to you. Pumpkin bread looks so yum! I’m sick of Elf!
Dori recently posted..4 Mile Race to Deliver Recap PR!!!

7 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 26, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Woohoo! Looks like a great haul! When I’m in the middle of a good shop, I find I often forget to stop for food – like you said, there’s shopping to be done!! Enjoy the rest of your Friday :)

8 Karen @ Not Just Celery November 26, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Hmmm I feel like I could have written the sentence where you say you had good luck at Express, NY&Co, Ann Taylor Loft etc…because so did I! I hit the mall around 7:45 and finished up by 9:30 with a ton of good bargains from those stores! It really wasn’t as crowded as I expected! I mostly do Black Friday for myself then start my shopping for others the next week :)
Karen @ Not Just Celery recently posted..Work it Out

9 Krystina November 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm

ELF ELF ELF!
Krystina recently posted..Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti

10 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 26, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Elf all the way!

Look at all that loot! Good job on the great deals!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

11 Lisa November 26, 2010 at 9:05 pm

wow!! You are hardcore! I hit up the mall for Black Friday but mostly for the experience… I ended up coming home only to find the coat my mom bought me for Christmas online for $40 less!! Oh, well! Glad you had fun!

12 sirenjess November 26, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I’m watching Elf and making scones!

13 Sana November 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Wow! You girls really hit it hard!
Sana recently posted..Sometimes

14 Ashley November 26, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Elf always.
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate stops panicking

15 Allie November 26, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Elf!!!! Looks like you had a fun day!
Allie recently posted..No turkey this Thanksgiving

16 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life November 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Most definitely Elf…already watched it twice tonight! ;)
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Thanksgiving Dinner Melts- Elf- &amp Christmas Decorating

17 Ashley November 26, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Um, I’d choose Elf anyday! My mom and I did some Black Friday shopping as well. :) Happy holidays!! We’re curled up watching Eat, Pray Love now!
Ashley recently posted..Our First Thanksgiving

18 Anna November 26, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Wow, that is one SERIOUS marathon shopping sesh!! I was only out from 7 til around noon, but I didnt have anything on my list that I HAD to get, just stuff I wanted =) I didnt even buy any gifts today, it was just all stuff for me! =)
Anna recently posted..Black Friday success

19 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 27, 2010 at 12:47 am

ELF, for sure. I don’t know how Will Farrell did it, but that is one of the best Christmas movies ever! It just makes me smile every time :)

And I am totally impressed by you girls and your marathon Black Friday shopping! Go big or go home, right?
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Marbury v Madison &amp Holiday Favorites

20 Nicole November 27, 2010 at 2:00 am

Wow, that was an impressive day! I did Target at 3 am last year, but I’m attending a wedding this weekend so couldn’t make it to any stores…so sad because there were so many good sales this year! Maybe I can still catch deals on cyber monday.

21 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 27, 2010 at 2:24 am

You totally scored today with your shopping!! I bet you are wasted!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..I truly am a ten year old

22 movesnmunchies November 27, 2010 at 2:46 am

major props to you for braving the sales! looks like a huge succcess!!!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

23 Becky November 27, 2010 at 5:55 am

this sounds like the most fun anyone’s ever had on black friday!

24 Brittney November 27, 2010 at 7:13 am

I did more damage than I’d planned and didn’t even venture out til the afternoon on Black Friday! I got some cool stuff though :)
Brittney recently posted..Thanksgiving in Hilton Head

25 Lauren November 27, 2010 at 8:22 am

You ladies are crazy! But looks like a crazy good tradition. ;)
Lauren recently posted..Turkey Trot Results Sickness!

26 Heather @ Side of Sneakers November 27, 2010 at 9:51 am

12 hours?! I’m impressed :)
Heather @ Side of Sneakers recently posted..The Best – Ever- Training Tips