Run Time

by Meghann on November 24, 2010

Since I have a super fun family 5k planned for Thanksgiving morning, I had to change my training schedule up just a bit and completed 6 miles this morning.

The run was great. The weather was nice and cool and because ‘I’m working from home’ this morning I was able to sleep in a bit this morning and complete the entire run in daylight – score! I also may or may not have been on the morning news. I guess a building a few streets down from my apartment caught on fire last night and there were a bunch of news vans reporting on the fire. I ran by just as they were finishing up a special report, so if you were watching channel 2 I was the crazy runner jumping up an down in the background around 7:15ish. πŸ˜‰

I was sporting my new Punk Rock Racing shirt on the run.

I love the idea behind Punk Rock Racing. It’s a small running shirt company that produce really creative, awesome shirts. These aren’t your average running shirts – they’re fun, creative, and comfortable! Check them out here. They’re based in Northern California and have a lot of California racing themed shirts.

Thanks to Punk Rock Racing for sending the shirt! I look forward to wearing it on many runs and races to come. πŸ™‚

Mmmmm…. waffles πŸ˜‰

Frozen Pumpkin Waffles with vanilla yogurt, apple butter, and hot cinnamon apples.

I’ve got work to get done and then I’m on my way to my sister’s bake up a storm!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 24, 2010 at 9:30 am

Yumm those waffles look delicious. Have fun baking with your sister! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Lately…

2 Balanced Healthy Life November 24, 2010 at 9:31 am

Cute shirt! Those waffles look great!

3 Georgie Fear RD November 24, 2010 at 9:33 am

I agree the short looks cool, but those waffles are drool-worthy. I just had breakfast and now I’ve got waffles on the brain πŸ™‚

Georgie Fear RD

4 Georgie Fear RD November 24, 2010 at 9:34 am

Hahaha, and if the coffee had kicked in I would have spelled SHIRT correctly. Sorry. πŸ™‚

Georgie
Georgie Fear RD recently posted..Running and Weight GAIN

5 Michelle C November 24, 2010 at 9:47 am

I love working from home for that very reason!! I get to take a nice leisurely run in the AM!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 24, 2010 at 9:48 am

Oooh LOVE the shirt. I’m going to check out their site for sure.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Breakfast in Bed

7 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 24, 2010 at 10:02 am

I love day light morning runs! Have run baking this afternoon.

8 grocery goddess jen November 24, 2010 at 10:38 am

Yay for short weeks! Yay for baking with your sister! Have a great day.
grocery goddess jen recently posted..Birthday Shenanigans

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 24, 2010 at 10:39 am

Cute shirt! I will totally look into getting one!

Have fun baking with your sister! πŸ™‚ Have a great day!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Home Sweet Home

10 Stephanie November 24, 2010 at 10:43 am

Did you notice little Maddie in your punk rock running modeling pic?
She is so cute!

11 Stefanie November 24, 2010 at 10:46 am

Such a cute shirt! πŸ™‚ I’m so excited to bake! Have fun!
Stefanie recently posted..I love…

12 kristy @ kristyruns.com November 24, 2010 at 11:04 am

Awesome run, Speedy! πŸ™‚ Mmmmmm! Waffles look good!
kristy @ kristyruns.com recently posted..In Between Seasons

13 Biz November 24, 2010 at 11:14 am

Have fun at your sisters house! πŸ˜€
Biz recently posted..Blogger Lunch!

14 Ashley November 24, 2010 at 11:28 am

Those waffles look amazing. The shirts really cute too. You can still where shorts in November? Lucky. The weather is all over the place here. One day its warm one day its freezing. Have fun baking!
Ashley recently posted..I need to pee

15 Kiran November 24, 2010 at 11:44 am

I had OIAJ for breakfast but your waffles beat it by the longest margin πŸ˜‰

Enjoy baking with your sister πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Dining @ Hyatt Miami

16 Hope November 24, 2010 at 11:47 am

Those waffles look amazing! Have fun baking! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Dance with me- Make me Sway…

17 kate November 24, 2010 at 11:56 am

a family 5k sounds like a ton of fun!
kate recently posted..Stillwater Olive Oil Co

18 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 24, 2010 at 11:58 am

Cute shirt and those waffles are making me hungry…maybe I’ll spontaneously make some today πŸ™‚
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Marbury v Madison &amp Holiday Favorites

19 Serena November 24, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Cute shirt, but I LOVE your shorts! Where are they from?

20 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I’m running a 5k tomorrow too- with my brother, who thinks he’ll be able to keep up with me hungover. Heh heh heh.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..HP7

21 aron November 24, 2010 at 12:45 pm

looove the shirt! PRR has the best stuff! i love maddie looking up at you too in that first pic πŸ˜‰
aron recently posted..product review- arctic ease wrap

22 Britt @ Runnerbelle November 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm

LOL about the running by the camera crew. I was in San Diego when the stranded cruise ship returned…. I was out for my run and ran by all the cameras that were along the bay side walkway. I ran behind some folks getting interviewed….no idea if I made it on though. πŸ™‚
Britt @ Runnerbelle recently posted..Getting ready for the turkey!

23 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 24, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Oh. my. goodness. the pictures of your waffles made me drool – YUM πŸ™‚ and I love that running shirt!!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..I Am Thankful For…

24 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 24, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Love the Punk Rock Racing shirt! I checked out their website, cute stuff… and LOL, the “Chuck Norris Never Did an IRONMAN” shirt is too funny!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..Friday night- is bourbon night

25 Claire November 24, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Haha I love the look that Maddie is giving you in that one picture. It’s the exact same, “what are you doing, you are pretty weird” look that my dog gives me on a regular basis.

26 Matt November 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Working from home? Lucky!
Matt recently posted..Thanksgiving Traditions

27 Ashley November 24, 2010 at 3:46 pm

What a cute shirt! I’m checking out their site, for sure!
Ashley recently posted..NEW BLOGGY

28 Heather @ Side of Sneakers November 24, 2010 at 4:21 pm

What a cute running shirt! I like when companies mix it up a little πŸ˜‰

29 movesnmunchies November 24, 2010 at 4:28 pm

those waffles are beautiful! what a nice run too! 6 miles.. wow!
movesnmunchies recently posted..The MnM Platter

30 Ali November 24, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I like Maddie’s face looking up at you in the first pic. So cute πŸ™‚ Hope you have fun baking Thanksgiving food today!
Ali recently posted..Treadmill 5k

31 Erica November 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Isn’t working from home the best? I work from home full time now and LOVE it. Great job on the run. And that is hilarious about being on the news. Totally going to check out those Tshirts- my sister in law would love them. Hope you have a fantastic Turkey Day Meghann!
Erica recently posted..E- Oatmeal Peanut Butter &amp Jelly Bars

32 Sarah @ goingongoals November 24, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Those waffles look soo good! Have fun with your family!

33 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 24, 2010 at 8:28 pm

oooooh have fun!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Bike bars and black beans

34 rebecca lustig November 25, 2010 at 8:58 am

you are a total rock star!

happy thanksgiving! may it be filled with gratitude and joy πŸ™‚

35 Jill December 1, 2010 at 1:14 am

Just bought that racing shirt after seeing it here and I love it! Good job modeling it, they should be sending you more free merch. πŸ™‚
Jill recently posted..Who ate all the Cookie Dough