Nap Time

by Meghann on November 21, 2010

It didn’t hit me just how exhausted I was from last night’s adventures until I hit publish on this afternoon’s post, laid my head on the couch’s arm rest, and proceeded to nap for 2 hours.

Sleep is good.

Lazy Sundays are good.

I napped.

Made lunch.

(Wraps stuffed with a Chana Masala frozen dinner, arugula, and cheese)

(Apple)

Picked Maddie up from the kennel. (Apparently she’s very protective of her doggie playmates and when it’s time for of them to leave she gets defensive. Poor thing.)

Watched football. Watched Derek watch football while I read a magazine. πŸ˜‰

Made dinner.

(15 Bean Soup)

(Cornbread)

The cornbread recipe came from the back of the bag of Publix Cornmeal.

The 15 bean soup was easy.

I soaked two cups of the 15 Bean mix (found in the Whole Foods bulk bins) for 2 hours. Brought a big pot to medium heat and adde a yellow onion, 2 carrots, and left over ham steak. Once everything was heated through I added the soaked beans, two cups of vegetable broth, one cup of water, cumin, salt, and pepper. Let that cook on low-medium heat for 2 hours. Popped in a batch of chopped kale, cooked for another half hour, and serve.

I’ve been on a soup kick lately and now have a freezer full of it! I need to cut back and eat what I already half first. πŸ™‚

Ate the last of my Ghiradelli Chocolate Bar for dessert.

πŸ™‚

Christmas commercials were out in full force today. Now, I’m not sure which I’m more excited about – eating turkey and pie on Thanksgiving or taking advantage of the Black Friday deals the day after Thanksgiving. Mama does love a good deal. πŸ˜‰

T-minus 5 days until I shop til I drop!

I mean…

T-minus 4 days before I give thanks with my family. πŸ˜‰

1 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 21, 2010 at 9:14 pm

That bean soup looks really good. I love soups and stews… of all kinds.
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..Let Giving Thanks Commence

2 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) November 21, 2010 at 9:16 pm

I’m trying to eat my way through frozen soups and leftovers in the freezer because we’re almost out of Tupperware. Oops.
Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) recently posted..Happiness Is

3 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 21, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Where did you get the bowls that soup is in?
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..Goodnight –

4 Matt November 21, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I need to eat through my freezer too! I don’t think I can get anything else in there πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Breakfast Burritos

5 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 21, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I want to make 15 bean soup now. I have been freezing a ton of meals and I need to do the same- I need to eat it instead of cooking up new stuff!

6 Krystina November 21, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I had a lazy Sunday after a late night, too. It felt good to rest. πŸ˜€
Krystina recently posted..Pissaladière Provencal Onion Tart

7 Elizabeth November 21, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I won’t even try to deny it… I’m more excited about Black Friday!

8 Sana November 21, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I am not sure what I even want to spend my money on for black friday…..
Sana recently posted..UMBCEats meets Six Mile

9 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 21, 2010 at 9:55 pm

what a tasty looking soup!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..The apple butter of my eye

10 Amy at The Scene From Me November 21, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I didn’t know there was a 15 bean mix available. Your soup looks so hearty!

I am working on Black Friday. My husband is probably thankful because on that day our bank account will go up instead of down!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Amy at The Scene From Me recently posted..Crafty carpets

11 Nicole November 22, 2010 at 12:29 am

I’m excited for the shopping as well! The Christmas music was also in full gear today!!

12 Kiran November 22, 2010 at 1:25 am

I love hearty soups and how the flavors deepens and develops as left overs!
Kiran recently posted..Dining @ Hyatt Miami

13 movesnmunchies November 22, 2010 at 1:42 am

that bean soup looks so delicious and hearty.. gimme some of dat!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Confessions

14 Laura (Starloz) November 22, 2010 at 2:18 am

i adore that you wrap you leftovers like all the time
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Learning

15 Alissa @ Not Just Apples November 22, 2010 at 6:22 am

Mmmm, I might have wraps for lunch, as yours look so tasty!
Alissa @ Not Just Apples recently posted..roast chestnuts and banana oat pancakes

16 Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Rnner November 22, 2010 at 6:25 am

That soup looks amazing!!
Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Rnner recently posted..My First Blogger Meet Up

17 Lauren November 22, 2010 at 6:57 am

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. That exhaustion is well deserved! πŸ˜‰
Lauren recently posted..Whats Been Going On

18 Honey B. Nutrition November 22, 2010 at 8:39 am

Somehow making up a fresh soup on a cold day sounds so much better than taking one out of the freezer. That one looks amazing! The more veggies and beans the better! x
Honey B. Nutrition recently posted..Insanity!

19 Heather November 22, 2010 at 8:45 am

Are you sure you ate enough for the 20 miles you ran over the past couple days?

20 Jennifer November 22, 2010 at 10:45 am

Oh, I LOVE Black Friday! I’m totally one of the crazy people who gets up at 4 am (and have even stayed up all night a few times…lol) This is the first year where I will have to be careful of what I spend though because of paying for our wedding, but I still plan on finding some awesome deals! πŸ™‚

And your soup looks super yummy!

21 Natalia@TheHealthScript November 22, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Friday. It’s the one time of the year when shopping becomes a competitive sport!
Natalia@TheHealthScript recently posted..Giving Back

22 Lacey @ Lake Life November 22, 2010 at 1:24 pm

That’s so sweet that Maddie wanted to protect her new friends! It kind of reminds me of Lady & The Tramp.

I made soup yesterday too! (From this recipe).
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Hyperbole And a Half pt 1