Forgetful… again

by Meghann on November 20, 2010

I think I’ve lost my mind today. In mine and Derek’s rush to leave the apartment on time we forgot:

• The air mattress
  • Maddie’s Dog Food
  • My flip flops (yes, I left the house barefoot)
  • My lap top (!!!)

Luckily…

· Someone else brought another mattress

· We were able to stop at Publix to pick more dog food up for Maddie before dropping her off at the kennel

· My Mom was able to meet me at security with a brand new pair of flips flops, so I wouldn’t appear too homeless

· My Mom’s is letting me borrow her laptop for the weekend

And….

We did make it to Harry Potter on time!

IMG_3826

Score!

We met my family at the Universal CityWalk so all TEN of us (all my siblings are in town + significant others) could watch the first part of the 7th film. Smile

IMG_3831

I had heard nothing but great reviews of this film and was expecting to be blown away. Truthfully? It was just ok. They drew out a lot of the parts and my memory of the seventh book was kind of fuzzy the whole time. I really need to go back and re-read it before part 2 comes out.

Still it was great to reunite with my favorite movie characters on a new adventure and I’ll still be there opening weekend went the second part comes to theaters. Smile

Since we were seeing the 12:30 showing and it was a 3 hour movie, Derek and I snuck some food in to share.

IMG_3818

We split a Turkey Italian Wrap from Publix.

IMG_3822

IMG_3823

And we helped my Mom demolish her Moes Burrito (Plus some of her chips).

IMG_3824

Afterwards I needed caffeine.

Enter: Starbuck Awake Tea Latte with one pump of pumpkin Spice.

IMG_3833

My parents were AWESOME and got two hotel rooms for us all to share this evening.

IMG_3835

The birthday boy is ready to celebrate!

IMG_3836

Time to roll!

1 Sana November 20, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I thought Hp was just ok as well. The boy and I did not have tine to get food before hand so I was STARVING till 1 am. Sigh.
Sana recently posted..UMBCEats meets Six Mile

2 Silvina November 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Love the picture of your brother! PARTY TIME!

3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 20, 2010 at 5:41 pm

I can’t wait to see it but worry I won’t love it as much either since its been awhile since reading the book.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..back to life with good surprises

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 20, 2010 at 5:43 pm

HAVE FUN TONIGHT!!!

Love the movie theatre MEAL 🙂
Allie (Live Laugh Eat) recently posted..What We Ate On The Other Days

5 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm

HAHA, I love that you left the house barefoot!! Seeing HP7 made me want to reread the book too…just started last night!! Hope you have fun with your fam 🙂
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..HP7

6 Marika November 20, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I agree that some parts of the movie seemed too drawn-out! I wondered whether people who weren’t familiar with the story would get bored. But in general it was still really well done and entertaining to watch. I cried a few times and jumped out of my skin at least once :-D.
Marika recently posted..Almost wordless weekend post

7 Anna @ History Running Girl November 20, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I liked the movie! I reread the book in July, and those parts that seemed sort of long in the movie are like hundreds of pages in the book, so I guess it didn’t seem as long to me! I thought the Ministry scene could have gone on for longer.

I cried during it!

Have fun at Universal.
Anna @ History Running Girl recently posted..Flashback Friday- Harry Potter edition

8 Liz November 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm

You left you house barefoot and didn’t notice!?!?!! haha, thats too funny.

9 Matt November 20, 2010 at 6:03 pm

That last picture looks like a good time 🙂
Matt recently posted..Saturday Love

10 Lish November 20, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Man, when you sneak food into the theater, you go big! I get all antsy and paranoid they’ll see the Costco label on my bottle of water or realize the candy/snack I’m eating is in a ziplock bag. I can’t even remember the last time I bought food/drink at a theater?! I’m always amazed when I see people loading up on the huge drinks, huge popcorn, multiple boxes of candy… dude, did you take out a small loan?! Maybe I’m just cheap…

11 Meghann November 22, 2010 at 8:56 am

I hide everything in a big purse and act casual. If you look guilty then they know you’re guilty. 😉

12 Lee November 20, 2010 at 7:56 pm

You forgot your shoes?! That’s too funny.

13 tieghan gerard November 20, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I have to disagree! I loved the movie and thought is was so good! I saw the midnight showing the day it came out! Love HARRY POTTER!

14 Shannon November 20, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Please tell me that after you ran 20 miles, you’ve eaten more than a small breakfast and half a wrap… I’ve read all the controversary that has swirled around (MC article, your period) and I’d say your posted eats today play right into all those arguments and accusations.

I sincerely like your blog and you don’t appear naive, so surely you have to realize that posts like this are fodder for healthy food blog critics.

15 Meghann November 22, 2010 at 9:02 am

Hi Shannon,

My breakfast may have appeared small on a big plate, but it was a three egg omelet filled with veggies, a ham steak, an apple, and I ate another slice of bread while everything was cooking. Again the wrap appeared small too, but it was quite large and the half I had was probably 6 in? Derek and I also split the last 3/4 of my mom’s chicken burrito from Moes and we chowed down on chips during the movie and after. Then there was the seafood feast for dinner and my chocolate chip pizooki. 😉

I don’t believe that you have to make up 100% of your calorie deficit the day of your long runs. I believe in eating a little bit more the day before and the day after.

16 Dynamics November 20, 2010 at 10:24 pm

ROFLMAO. I am so sorry but that is tooooo funny. Take some duct tape and pretend you have sandals works every time.

17 Nicole November 21, 2010 at 1:08 am

I have to say, I don’t think they drew it out very much at all! I feel like the scenes in the woods are supposed to feel kinda drawn out, cause they are sooooo long in the book! I thought it was the best movie yet! 🙂
Nicole recently posted..22 Years

18 Meghann November 22, 2010 at 9:03 am

I think everyone is different. Truthfully I just can’t wait for the second installment!! I want to see all the final action pronto!

19 movesnmunchies November 21, 2010 at 2:45 am

i always bring my own food to the move theatre!!! have fun celebrating!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Confessions

20 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 21, 2010 at 8:09 am

Left the house barefoot! Haha 😀
I STILL am yet to see HP7! I can’t wait! 🙂
Enjoy the rest of your celebrations!

21 jocelyn @ enthusiastic runner November 21, 2010 at 8:14 am

Have fun!! Wasn’t HP 7 Amazing!?!?
jocelyn @ enthusiastic runner recently posted..Hormones

22 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 21, 2010 at 8:22 am

Oh my!! How did you leave the house without shoes?! lol

Have fun with your family this weekend!! Your brother looks happy to be celebrating!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Something Different

23 Angela November 21, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I don’t see how shoes can be forgotten haha but those have realistically have to be the worst movie foods ever! Sure, delicious, but I’mm glad I wasn’t in the theater with you as you crinkled aluminum, popped open chips and plastic containers. I would have been pissed.
Angela recently posted..Weekly Spending Recap- 15-11-21-11

24 Meghann November 22, 2010 at 9:03 am

Don’t worry – we ate everything before the movie actually started. 🙂

25 Caroline November 22, 2010 at 7:34 am

As a friend who hasn’t read the books said about HP: “They walked around some. Then teleported. Then walked around some more. Then teleported…” I still enjoyed it, but it’s a fair point that not that much really happens.

26 Meghann November 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

True enough. Part II is going to be where all the really good stuff comes about! 🙂

27 Angela November 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm

HAHA omg good! I was like huh? for a second. Now those are really good ideas to fill up for a long film!
Angela recently posted..Weekly Spending Recap- 15-11-21-11