Dinner with the girls

by Meghann on November 19, 2010

Tonight I had the distinct pleasure of meeting two of my favorite girls (Katy & Gina) at the Virgin Olive Market for dinner.

I’ve driven by the Virgin Olive Market several times and have heard nothing but good things about it, but had never actually been before tonight. They had a $15 for $30 deal on Living Social the other week – and you know how big of a fan I am of deals – so it was a true sign that I finally had to check this place out.

Inside the restaurant was adorable – full of so much character and warmth. You order at the counter from a select menu of sandwiches and salads and they bring your order to your table.

I ordered the Platos Platter for dinner which came with an assortment of greens, olives, tomatoes, hummus, eggplant, mozzarella, and pita.

The plate was delicious. So fresh and loved having little pieces of this and little bits of that piled high on the pita. πŸ™‚

For dessert we asked for the last remaining cupcakes on display to split among us.

We thought they were Pumpkin Spice, but we were wrong. Very wrong.

One bite in and I could instantly taste the banana – not good. I immediately (and politely) spit it back in my napkin.

Luckily themanager had been chatting with us the majority of the evening and kindly offered up a Red Velvet Cupcake in the back instead.

Wowza. Now this cupcake was something I could sink my teeth into. The icing was sweet and creamy and the cupcake was moist with the perfect hint of chocolateness I love in red velvet. Much better than the banana. πŸ˜‰

Gina, Katy, and I closed the place down. It was great playing catch up. Hopefully we can do it again real soon. πŸ™‚

I have a 20 mile training run in the morning. My gear is set out, my alarm is set for 5:00, and my mind is mentally preparing itself for 3+ hrs of running. Wish me luck!

1 AnneWF November 19, 2010 at 10:29 pm

It looks like you had such a good time. Too bad about the cupcake. Are you allergic or do you just not like bananas?

2 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 19, 2010 at 10:34 pm

20 miles seem absolutely insane!! Good luck!

I was going to ask the same question as AnnWF about the bananas…
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Mish Mosh

3 Katie November 19, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Good luck…If anyone can do it, you can!
Katie recently posted..Seven Days of Thankful- 1

4 melissa November 19, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Good luck, you can do it. I’m looking a cindserella’s castle right
now!

5 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 19, 2010 at 10:59 pm

What a fun night! You girls are beautiful! πŸ™‚
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..under my umbrella-ella-ella

6 holly @ yepiatethat November 19, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Your dinner looks great!! I love meals like that too
holly @ yepiatethat recently posted..Brrrrrrr

7 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) November 19, 2010 at 11:16 pm

20 Miles thats nothing.. you can do that running backwards. Have a great run.. And remember if you go to the porta potty make sure your pants tight before you run again.
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com) recently posted..Butternut Squash Lasagna! Yum –

8 Erica November 19, 2010 at 11:18 pm

What a cool spot. I love platters that come with a little of this and a little of that. Good luck on the run tomorrow
Erica recently posted..E- Butternut Squash with Black Beans and Walnuts

9 melissaroby November 19, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Goodluck!!! You can do it!!! Hubby and I are going for a 18 mile traing run tomorrow….I need to go to sleep soon!!
melissaroby recently posted..OOoohhhhwhat did I findHEAVEN onlinethats what!!!!

10 Kiran November 19, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Good luck with your training πŸ™‚
Kiran recently posted..Dining @ Hyatt Miami

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 19, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Good luck with your run tomorrow! I’m doing half of that distance (10 miles) and I have my alarm set for 6am!

Let’s do it! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Ice Ice Baby

12 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 20, 2010 at 12:43 am

How nice of them to get you that tasty cupcake. Looks devine! Energy for your early AM run. Good luck on it.

13 movesnmunchies November 20, 2010 at 2:49 am

looks like so much fun! I would have gone with the Platos Platter too! that sounds soo yummy!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Confessions

14 Tab- Just Weighing In November 20, 2010 at 6:47 am

wow – three hour run – you’re amazing!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Recap

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 20, 2010 at 7:38 am

Aw such a fun dinner!! Even if I’d hated the cupcake, I would have dominated the icing and left it bald. Come to think of it, that’s what I always do πŸ™‚ Good luck on the 20 miles!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..HP7

16 gina (fitnessista) November 20, 2010 at 8:39 am

loved seeing you girls last night! thanks again for dinner πŸ™‚
have a great run! i’ll booty shake for ya πŸ˜‰
xoxo

17 Matt November 20, 2010 at 8:58 am

Enjoy your run tomorrow πŸ™‚
Matt recently posted..You Know…

18 Melissa @ TryingToHeal November 20, 2010 at 10:03 am

oh, bad news about the banana cupcake! glad you got the red velvet instead!

just read your run went well! awesome after having a hard week of not feeling well!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Day In The Life…

19 Alexa November 21, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Banana attacks are the worst, I hate anything banana, and if there’s even a little bit of it in anything, I can taste it, YUCK!!!