more ยป" />

Forgetful

by Meghann on November 18, 2010

Ahhhh…..

I left my DSLR on my desk at work this afternoon. I didn’t realize it until I got home and by then it was too late to go back and get it. ๐Ÿ™

I hope it’s still there when I head back tomorrow morning. My mind is currently racing over all the ‘worst case scenario’ situations on what could have happened to it. NOT cool mind. Grrr..

I distracted myself from thinking about my misplaced, expensive camera by making a Navy Soup for dinner.

I don’t know what it is – it’s not even cold out right now – but I have been having serious soup cravings lately. This was the second second time making soup this week and the third time consuming it.

Navy Bean Soup

• 1 medium White Onion
  • 2 Parsnips
  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • 1 ear Corn
  • 1/2 dozen Brussel Sprouts
  • 1 can Navy Beans
  • 1 can Vegetable Broth
  • 1 T Minced Garlic
  • 1 t Cumin
  • S&P

Chop all the veggies into bite size pieces. Sautรฉ on the stove top in a little evoo until onions are tansluscent. Add the garlic, beans, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.

Done.

I topped my serving with blue cheese.

I had picked up a loaf of Millet Bread from the Farmer’s on the way home.

The bread was amazing. Nice and nutty with the perfect amount of chew. I went back for a second piece and could have actually finished it all off. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Chocolate Dessert

I’m exhausted. Time to get some shut eye and hope and pray my camera is still at my desk! :/

Good Night!!

1 Hope November 18, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Hope your camera is still there!! I hate that horrible sinking feeling when you realise that you’ve left something somewhere! AArrgh!
Your soup looks so good that I’m thinking about recreating a little something similar when I get home!
Hope recently posted..Anniversary Lolly Cake

2 Runeatrepeat November 18, 2010 at 8:28 pm

You camera will be there – crossing my fingers!
For someone who loves beans, I don’t think I’ve ever cooked with navy beans!
Runeatrepeat recently posted..Easy Pumpkin Yogurt

3 Michele @ Healthy Cultivations November 18, 2010 at 8:32 pm

The soup looks good. I love putting blue cheese or feta on top of soup!!
Michele @ Healthy Cultivations recently posted..Finding Wisdom in a Pumpkin Yogurt Bowl

4 Sarah @ going on goals November 18, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I am sure your camera will be sitting on your desk waiting for you in the A.M.

I really like your idea to top Navy Bean Soup with Blue Cheese. I will have to try that!

5 gina@conciergeformom November 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm

That bread looks divine, lol. And the soup does too! Blue cheese sound so great with all those flavors! I like how you sauteed everything together first. Hope the camera is ok!

6 Sarah @ going on goals November 18, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I am sure your camera will be on your desk in the morning.

I like your idea of topping Navy Bean Soup with Blue Cheese. I will have to try that!
Sarah @ going on goals recently posted..Thanksgiving Thursday Recipe 2

7 G November 18, 2010 at 8:34 pm

My mind goes into overdrive when I forget things too!! Really really hope your camera is still there tomorrow!

8 gina@conciergeformom November 18, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Oh looks like I should put my recent post! 3 butt toning moves with the bosu and easy, healthy weeknight chili! http://www.c4mcville.com Check it out!

9 Sarah @ going on goals November 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I am sure your camera will be there in the A.M.

I like your idea to top Navy Bean Soup with Blue Cheese. I will have to try that!
Sarah @ going on goals recently posted..Thanksgiving Thursday Recipe 2

10 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 18, 2010 at 8:39 pm

No worries on forgetting your camera- I somehow forgot my ENTIRE gym bag at the gym today… how does one do that?!

11 Stacey November 18, 2010 at 8:42 pm

That bread looks delicious! I’m gonna have to keep my eye out for it.
Stacey recently posted..Brian Boesch Demo

12 Tab- Just Weighing In November 18, 2010 at 8:42 pm

That millet bread looks fantastic! Fingers crossed about your camera!
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Recap

13 Sarah November 18, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love that you put Blue Cheese on top of your Navy Bean Soup. I will have to try that! And, I am sure your camera will be there in the morning!

14 Sarah @ going on goals November 18, 2010 at 8:58 pm

The Blue Cheese on that navy bean soup looks fantastic! I will have to try that! And, I am sure your camera is waiting for you safely on your desk!
Sarah @ going on goals recently posted..Thanksgiving Thursday Recipe 2

15 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 18, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Good luck with your camera. I am constantly craving soup no matter what time of year. Oh, and that bread looks so good!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Snack Attack

16 Laura (Starloz) November 18, 2010 at 9:11 pm

what a fantastic soup.
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Doubles

17 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 18, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I am SURE it will be there tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Pantry mission

18 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 18, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Well your pictures look just as good without it. You’re a keen photographer.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Maโ€™amool Bโ€™Jowz

19 Jaime @If You Lived Here You'd Be Home Now November 18, 2010 at 9:37 pm

What pretty soup. Thanks for the recipe ๐Ÿ™‚
Jaime @If You Lived Here You’d Be Home Now recently posted..Giveaway Reminder

20 Matt November 18, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I LOVE millet bread! Mmmm Mmmm…
Matt recently posted..Three Things Thursday

21 BroccoliHut November 18, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Um, I kind of want to dive right into that loaf of bread.
On another note, congrats on getting your period–you must be so relieved!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Let the Holidays Begin!

22 Sana November 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Power of positive thinking. You camera WILL be there tomorrow!
Sana recently posted..Costco 1 Sana 0

23 Krystina November 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

It will be there, don’t worry!
Krystina recently posted..Gingerbread Cake

24 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 18, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I’m sure the camera is still there! ๐Ÿ™‚ Positive thinking! ๐Ÿ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Ice Ice Baby

25 Pearl Lee November 18, 2010 at 11:27 pm

oh! that soup made me wanna crawl underneath a big blanket and eat it in front of a good episode of real housewives of beverly hils!
Pearl Lee recently posted..a little distraction

26 Fallon November 19, 2010 at 1:31 am

Soup is the best when you have a cold.

I’m praying your camera is still there. Hopefully people will be respectful enough to not touch someone else belongings.
Fallon recently posted..Sautรฉ Butternut Squash with Chickpeas and Spinach

27 movesnmunchies November 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

mmmm that bread looks SO good. I’m terrible with bread loaves.. i really cannot stop at one piece.. or two.. or 5..
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthified Cookie Dough Ice Cream!

28 Lauren November 19, 2010 at 6:51 am

I always have a fear of leaving my camera behind. It hasnt happened yet, but Im sure it will.
Lauren recently posted..Long days- New Traditions

29 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 19, 2010 at 7:50 am

That bread is so seedy! Yum! Perfect with a bowl of ball soup.
Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather recently posted..The 100 Burpee Blast Challenge

30 Amanda November 19, 2010 at 7:54 am

that bread looks a.mazing!

31 Rebecca November 19, 2010 at 8:16 am

Hi Meghann,
I’ve been reading your blog for almost a year and have commented a few times on some of your posts. I’m not sure if you are familiar with Road ID, but I ordered one of the identification bracelets over the summer when my running really started to pick up-especially in the dark, early morning. I just ordered one for my youngest sister for Christmas and with the order came a coupon. It’s only for $1 off any Road ID order, but I wanted to pass it along to you. I don’t think you have a Road ID, but it’s a wonderful safety precaution that could come help save your life one day if anything were to happen (knock on wood).
Here is the coupon code: ThanksRebecca866122. It can be used up to 20 times until December 18, 2010, so feel free to use it or pass it along to any readers!
I love, love, love your blog. You have been a personal inspiration of mine.

32 Meghann November 19, 2010 at 8:21 am

Hi Rebecca!

Yes, I do have a Road ID and I love it! I purchased it well over a year ago and it has made the switch to every shoe I’ve owned since http://mealsandmiles.com/2009/02/27/my-road-id/

Thanks for the coupon though! ๐Ÿ™‚

33 Rebecca November 19, 2010 at 8:27 am

Great ๐Ÿ™‚

34 Sarah @ EatRunGarden November 19, 2010 at 8:18 am

Don’t worry I am sure you camera will be there when you get to your desk. ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy thoughts always help
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..Weekend Update

35 Hope November 19, 2010 at 8:23 am

That soup looks delicious! I’ve never heard of Navy Beans before.

36 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 19, 2010 at 8:30 am

I’m sure it will still be there! Don’t worry too much!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Mish Mosh

37 Jenny November 19, 2010 at 9:08 am

That milley bread looks fabulous. I love a good seedy bread!
Jenny recently posted..Thirsty Thursday- The Great Debate DD vs Starbucks

38 Ash November 19, 2010 at 10:42 am

Yum that bread looks divine! I’ve never had millet bread.
Ash recently posted..Messy Cook

39 Ali November 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I am loving soup right now too, I think it is because it is it is the fall/winter season. I am going to make this recipe over the next few weeks.
Ali recently posted..A Lilโ€™ Something Different