Staying In

by Meghann on November 17, 2010

You know the difference between this California grown Persimmon and the California Persimmon from my local grocery store?

This one same straight from the San Francisco Ferry Building’s Farmer’s Market. Sure I flew it back to Florida in my carry on bag, but that still counts as locally grown, right? Sort of?

The persimmon was a great chaser to my afternoon shot of Elderberry Extract. Despite what my co-worker might say, it was NOT any easier going down the second time. Shudders.

I opted out of Hot Yoga again tonight (Sorry Raya!) I wasn’t sure how this random cough would handle downward dog. It’s one thing to cough while running when you’re by yourself, but it’s another when you’re trapped in a room full of people who probably aren’t looking to share your germs (only your sweat).

More comfort food for dinner.

I roasted parsnips, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and carrots at 415 for 20 minutes and made a very interesting sauce of marinara sauce and Peanut Flour.

One Tablespoon of Peanut Flour per 1 cup of Marinara sauce. It gave the sauce a nutty flavor. Tasted great and gave my dish a protein punch.

On the side a slice of Lazy Girl Garlic Toast (aka toast with butter and garlic salt)

Ice Cream to soothe the throat for dessert with my last Cookie Dough Cookie.

I just made a big mug of hot water with fresh ginger. Totally hits the spot!

One more shot of Elderberry Extract and it’s time for bed.

Good Night!

1 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 17, 2010 at 7:48 am

I have yet to try a persimmon. I only found out that they weren’t tomatoes a couple weeks ago. :doh!:

Very smart to stay home and skip hot yoga for the sake of others. But some yoga at home might help the healing 🙂
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Mish Mosh

2 alexe @ soyaetchocolat.com November 17, 2010 at 7:55 am

Hi Meghann!

I know everybody already gave you a lot of suggestions but, for me, the best cold remedy is echinacea. I start taking it at the first signs that I’m gonna be sick (the REALLY early signs) and, this way, I don’t get sick at all. I didn’t believe in it at first but I haven’t had a cold since I started doing this two years ago! It’s magic!

I hope you feel better soon!

3 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 17, 2010 at 8:05 am

I’ve never had a persimmon, save for the one I tried at the Farmer’s Market!! Hopefully you’re feeling better today 🙂
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Registration Day

4 Hope November 17, 2010 at 8:05 am

I hope you feel better!!! I’ve never heard of elderberry extract before. I’ll have to look into that in the future.
Hope recently posted..So I Might Forget You…

5 Amy November 17, 2010 at 8:11 am

Hot water with ginger. I’m not even sick and that sounds so comforting! I hope you feel better soon.
Amy recently posted..disappearance

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 17, 2010 at 8:16 am

I tried a persimmon for the first time last week and it really wasn’t what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. The inside was so jelly like and I’m not entirely sure I loved it, but I’m sure it tastes better than elderberry extract! 😉
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..I’ve never been to heaven…

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 17, 2010 at 8:20 am

Marinara and Peanut Flour? That kinda sounds gross, was it actually good?
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Ma’amool B’Jowz

8 Meghann November 17, 2010 at 9:04 am

it actually was 🙂 Though I prefer almond butter with marina sauce 😉

9 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 17, 2010 at 8:27 am

I’m with Samantha – that combo sounds interesting. But many times the most odd combos are the most delicious.

It was fun having you in the #fitblog chat last night too, but I hope you feel better soon!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..back to life with good surprises

10 Meghann November 17, 2010 at 9:04 am

I always leave #FitBlog with warm fussies inside. I just wish I had time to participate more often! 🙂

11 amanda November 17, 2010 at 8:49 am

i always enjoy seeing what you eat for dinner…because usually it’s something i wouldn’t eat-but you always make it look so tasty!

last night on glee they were using vapor rub! it’s smelly…but perhaps that would help fight the cold?? booo, being runny and stuffy and sneezy is just NO fun.

get better!
amanda recently posted..ouch!

12 Meghann November 17, 2010 at 9:05 am

LOVE vapor rub! It really works miracles!

13 Krystina November 17, 2010 at 8:51 am

Tomato and…peanut? Not sure how that’d work!
Krystina recently posted..Chipotle Cornbread

14 Ally November 17, 2010 at 9:00 am

When I have a cough or a stuffy nose, I always make a big bowl of soup, and put my face over the bowl and let the steam envelop my face. It always relaxes my sinuses! That, and putting my head down in the shower and letting the water hit the back of my head. For some reason, that always gets me unclogged!

15 Meghann November 17, 2010 at 9:05 am

I was doing that with my hot tea this morning. it’s amazing.

16 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing November 17, 2010 at 9:12 am

Ha! Thinking of you coughing in yoga made me think of that Mucinex/Target commercial where everyone in the yoga class is moving away from the chick who can’t stop coughing. No one wants to be “that” person.
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..Homemade Bread

17 Lacey @ Lake Life November 17, 2010 at 10:10 am

I agree with avoiding workout classes while sick. First, it’s not nice to potentially infect everyone else in the class and secondly, it’s embarrassing to hack your lungs out in a room full of people!
Lacey @ Lake Life recently posted..Anti-Monkey Butt &amp Chicken Poop

18 Shanna, like Banana November 17, 2010 at 10:30 am

I just made spiced persimmon pecan muffins and they were tasty!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Shoes-Day!

19 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 17, 2010 at 10:42 am

You photo montage of disgust is hilarious! Really really looks disgusting! But I hope it helps. I load myself up with vitamins and down Emergen-C packets when I feel a cold coming on.
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..If I had a Nickel

20 Ali November 17, 2010 at 10:46 am

I ALWAYS do the “lazy girl” garlic bread…mostly because I get home from grad classes later at night and very rarely want to make a complete meal. So I have mastered that garlic bread.
Ali recently posted..Tooth-Hurty

21 Nicole @ Body By Beer November 17, 2010 at 11:43 am

Ick, I had a persimmon for the first time a week ago. I really couldn’t stand the flavor or texture of it.
Nicole @ Body By Beer recently posted..Taste Review- Nile Spice Minestrone Soup