Happy Birthday Ben!

by Meghann on November 17, 2010

Happy 21st Ben Ben! πŸ™‚

IMG_3755.jpg

How does it feel to finally order a beer from a bar? I bet it feels pretty good. πŸ˜‰

My afternoon on the couch was amazing. I was able to catch up on work e-mails without spreading germs and managed to squeeze in a glorious 2 hour nap. I’m telling you, I felt like a different person after that nap. It was amazing.

When I awoke I had a pear.

And discovered my new favorite cure all drink.

Freshly grated ginger + lemon juice + honey with hot water

Just breathing in the fumes made me feel better. The spicy combination coated and soothed my throat. I’m actually enjoying another cup as I type this. πŸ™‚

Since I was feeling better I decided to head out for an hour or so to celebrate my little brother’s birthday with my family. He only turns 21 once and I couldn’t miss seeing him on his big day.

Plus, I wanted to see him open his gift!

A Garmin Forerunner!!!!

Totally took advantage of the Forerunner 205 sale on Amazon last month. πŸ˜‰ I hope he likes it!! He’s been asking for one for a while, so I know he will. πŸ™‚

We had a quick dinner at Designer Greens – a build your own salad and sandwich place.

I ordered half a salad with Chicken and Dumpling Soup.

The salad had mixed greens, avocado, corn, and tomatoes.

And the soup was just ok. I was going for comfort food, but it was warm (not HOT) and tasted like it came from a can.

After dinner we headed to World of Beer where Ben handed his ID over with a smile. πŸ™‚

Loved World of Beer! Great atmosphere and a great selection of beer to choose from. After watching Beer Wars this past Friday I really appreciated the great variety of beer the bar had to offer.

First beer of Ben’s 21st year!

Cheers!

I wasn’t really feeling the beer tonight. Instead I was leaning more towards the frozen yogurt shop next door.

Frozen yogurt in a bar – all the cool kids are doing it. πŸ˜‰

IMG_3761.jpg

I only stayed for an hour or so before heading home. We’re having a BIG family celebration for Ben’s birthday on Saturday and I need to rest up until then!

I still can’t believe my baby brother is 21! Holy cow!

1 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 17, 2010 at 10:18 pm

What a fun birthday!!! πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to go out for my 21st in a few months.

I received a Garmin Forerunner 305 in the mail today! Your brother and I are Garmin twins! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Ice Ice Baby

2 Jenny November 17, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I hope Ben enjoyed his very first taste of beer ever! πŸ˜‰ Haha, that’s what my friend jokingly said to me when I turned 21 last month.

I’m definitely writing down that cure all drink recipe for the next time I feel sick! (Knock on wood it’s not anytime soon.) Thanks!
Jenny recently posted..Munchies Monday- Homemade Veggie Spring Rolls

3 kate November 17, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Holy beer selection!
kate recently posted..Grown Up Grilled Cheese

4 Melissa @ TryingToHeal November 17, 2010 at 11:01 pm

ah, what a great way to spend your bro’s 21st bday!! happy birthday to him!!!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Warmth

5 Rachel @ Bloomingbuzz November 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm

Okay, as fun as turning 21 sounds, I think you had the right idea with the frozen yogurt πŸ™‚ Even though it is getting superrr cold outside, I am still dragging my friends to get frozen yogurt on a regular basis! I’m hooked!
Rachel @ Bloomingbuzz recently posted..An Evening Out and fun Links toΒ Buzz!

6 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Happy Birthday Ben! Oh to be 21 again! (I say it like it was so long ago… I’m only 24.)

P.s. I would be the girl eating frozen yogurt in a bar as well. And the girl drinking only water, because I’m cool like that πŸ˜‰
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Mish Mosh

7 kristinp November 17, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Did you guys plan to coordinate? I’m guessing not, but it’s cute πŸ™‚ Hope you get well soon!

Kristin
kristinp recently posted..Planes Trains and Automobiles

8 Laura November 17, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Happy Birthday to your brother! I don’t think you ever get over your siblings aging! My big brother became a dad this year, which I still find hard to believe! I still look at him and see the annoying prat who pinched me when my parents weren’t looking and secretly filmed me lip-synching to the Spice Girls. πŸ™‚

I always forget that Americans can’t legally drink until they’re 21. In New Zealand, legal driving age is 15, legal – um – sexing age is 16, and you can drink and vote when you’re 18. It’s still traditional to have a 21st party and it’s still the “big” coming of age birthday, but you’re pretty much allowed to do most legal things by the time you’re 18.

9 Nicole November 18, 2010 at 12:27 am

What a great night! Glad you were feeling well enough to celebrate your brother’s 21st πŸ™‚

10 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 18, 2010 at 12:42 am

your lil’ bro’s kinda cute πŸ˜‰
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..Monday Madness

11 movesnmunchies November 18, 2010 at 2:05 am

what a sweet night! and YES i would all over that froyo!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Healthified Cookie Dough Ice Cream!

12 Hope November 18, 2010 at 3:35 am

Now THAT is a beer fridge!
Hope recently posted..Anniversary Lolly Cake

13 Laura (Starloz) November 18, 2010 at 5:17 am

every time my throat hurts, i turn on the kettle, then chop lemon, garlic & ginger
Laura (Starloz) recently posted..Doubles

14 Lauren November 18, 2010 at 6:51 am

What a great sister to celebrate with your bro on his 21st even though you were sick! I love your family! πŸ™‚ I tell you this all the time, but it’s truly heart warming to see how close you all are. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Long days- New Traditions

15 Matt November 18, 2010 at 7:07 am

Congrats to Ben!
Matt recently posted..Sausage- Peppers- and Onions

16 Lily's Health Pad November 18, 2010 at 7:33 am

Happy 21st Ben! I hope you enjoyed it. And PLEASE tell me you didn’t drink 21 drinks. Bad, bad, bad idea. Not that I would know or anything… No seriously, I didn’t do that but had lots of friends that did. Stupid decision.

17 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 18, 2010 at 7:52 am

Happy birthday to your little bro!! Funny- I got my BF the same Garmin for HIS 21st bday at the beginning of December. They’ll be two happy boys!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Registration Day

18 Hope November 18, 2010 at 8:02 am

Happy 21st birthday to your brother! It looks like he had a fun birthday! That bar looks awesome! I hope you are feeling better! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..So I Might Forget You…

19 kelly November 18, 2010 at 8:29 am

ooo my favorite tea in the world is Stash’s Lemon Ginger herbal tea! I bet you’d like that! I’ve found it in bulk on Amazon πŸ™‚
kelly recently posted..Gibsons Blooper Reel 2

20 rebecca lustig November 18, 2010 at 9:16 am

ah i love the standard ‘show your ID’ with a bartender pose! how exciting.

21 Stephanie Norton November 18, 2010 at 9:32 am

When I was down in Orlando for the Disney Princess Half.. we stopped in at World of Beer the night we got down there.. my brother in law use to go there when he lived down there for part of his schooling.. I LOVED that bar… sooooo cool! Happy Birthday to your bro!

22 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 18, 2010 at 10:40 am

My little sis is just a couple months away from turning 21! I can’t really believe it either. It will be so fun to celebrate with her, your posts made me really excited for her birthday!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Date with Martha

23 Silvina November 18, 2010 at 11:47 am

World of Beer is the best thing that ever happened to Orlando. Besides UCF of course πŸ˜‰

24 Ali November 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Glad you are feeling better! I remember handing over my ID for the first time πŸ™‚ It was great. Beer World looks like my kind of place, I can’t believe the selection.

Good for you for getting froyo instead, I am sure after feeling sick- beer was not a great choice.
Ali recently posted..A Lil’ Something Different

25 Nicole @ Body By Beer November 18, 2010 at 4:53 pm

We’ve got a place similar to World of Beer here called the Ale House, makes me feel like a kid in a candy store…
Nicole @ Body By Beer recently posted..Dont Get Sick- Dont Get Sick