Deceived!

by Meghann on November 16, 2010

Ahhhh…… Live Writer has deceived me!

After spending the majority of my morning working on this really cool post, it just disappeared from my window. *Poof* it was gone. 🙁

Come on Live Writer! What are you trying to be? Ecto? Pshhh….

I guess I’ll have to save the topic I had lined up for another day because I don’t have time to rewrite it at the moment, but I promise it was a good one!

Instead let me fill you in on my morning.

Run: 8 Fartleks on the Treadmill

Throat: Still scratchy, but I’m hanging in there!

Breakfast: Overnight Oats in a Jar

IMG_7196

• 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
  • Last of a jar of Almond Butter
  • Pumpkin*
  • Milk
  • Chia Seeds
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Apple
  • Granola

*This jar of overnight oats has a secret. Instead of the standard yogurt base, I used pumpkin. 😉 The results were spot on deliciousness. Same great taste, same great texture, and same great feel!

IMG_7192

IMG_7199

Maddie helped.

IMG_7209

IMG_7222

Now: Back to work. 🙁

1 Kelly November 16, 2010 at 10:37 am

Haha looks like Maddie enjoyed it.
Kelly recently posted..It’s Almost Over

2 Amanda (Eating Up) November 16, 2010 at 10:39 am

Haha I love those last pictures of Maddie! Like mother, like daughter, no? 😛

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 16, 2010 at 10:40 am

Hehhe love that last shot! I don’t use Ecto or Live Writer, but I’ve thought about it. It’s stories like this that make me think I should just stick to what I’ve got!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..I’ve never been to heaven…

4 Brittney November 16, 2010 at 10:42 am

Mmm, that sounds like a good overnight oats combo. Glad Maddie got to try it too, she looks so adorable licking the jar!
Brittney recently posted..OBX Half Marathon Recap

5 kathleen November 16, 2010 at 10:47 am

I hate losing documents I’ve worked hard on. At least you’re taking it in stride!
kathleen recently posted..The little kale plant that could

6 Corey @ the runner's cookie November 16, 2010 at 10:49 am

I used to have a yoga teacher who swore that she could fight off her illnesses by drinking some special tea and meditating with the mantra “I am well, I am healthy…” Hopefully you can fight yours off too 🙂

7 Lew (ashandlewplus2.com November 16, 2010 at 10:50 am

I am very sorry that your post went poof. Oh well maybe you can find it later!! Until my wife started blogging I had never in my life seen anyone eat Overnight Oats in a Jar. Now it seems like something Ashlee loves to do. I still have not tried it. I guess one day I will break down and give it a shot. Have fun at work..
Lew
Lew (ashandlewplus2.com recently posted..Weekend Recap

8 RunningOnCoffee November 16, 2010 at 10:52 am

my pup will do anything for pb!!
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Drinking Lots of Water

9 Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather November 16, 2010 at 10:56 am

Maddie! What a silly pup. My dog would do the same thing.

I’m going to try that pumpkin base for overnight oats. Great idea!
Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather recently posted..Welcome to my new site giveaway

10 Erica November 16, 2010 at 10:57 am

bah! How annoying that live writer erased your post. I always fear that is going to happen…. Great breakfast. I think I need to pick up more publix brand pumpkin this weekend (just love their generic products). Hope you keep feeling better and have a good day
Erica recently posted..M- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze

11 Karen November 16, 2010 at 10:58 am

Love the idea of using pumpkin instead of the yogurt…definitely going to give that a try!
Karen recently posted..Protein Overnight Oats

12 Tab- Just Weighing In November 16, 2010 at 11:25 am

what a great use of the last of the almond butter! 🙂

13 Hope November 16, 2010 at 11:32 am

Aw! I love the picture of Maddie with the jar! Haha!! She must love overnight oats!

14 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 16, 2010 at 11:33 am

I am made it disappeared too! Hope your throat gets better ASAP!! Yummy looking breakfast!

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 16, 2010 at 11:33 am

My dog lives for the empty pb jar.

16 Shanna, like Banana November 16, 2010 at 11:34 am

So cute to watch a dog eat pb out of the jar. I let my dog to it just to watch her!

17 Heather November 16, 2010 at 11:40 am

Are you feeling better? It’s not very smart to run while sick…

18 Amy November 16, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I’ve heard if the cold is just in your head exercise can actually help with congestion! It’s when it’s in your chest you have to watch out.
Amy recently posted..disappearance

19 Alina (Duty Free Foodie) November 16, 2010 at 11:49 am

That happened to me once too! I was so shocked. Now I try to save it if I am going to leave the computer while writing. Can’t trust those sneaky computers.

20 emily November 16, 2010 at 12:01 pm

wait…random question…don’t you have a mac? are you still able to use windows live writer?! thanks! 🙂

21 Meghann November 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I was writing the post on my work computer which is a PC 🙂

22 Mimi November 16, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Sorry about the post vanishing! At least you had the overnight OIAJ in brighten your day. Plus, how freakin’ cute is that picture of Maddie licking down the jar?
Mimi recently posted..Wake up- world

23 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 16, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I had that happen to me yesterday! But I restarted my computer (because actually anything I minimized disappeared) and brought up livewriter again and there it was. 🙂 Maybe you will find it hidden somewhere?

Maddie looks like she is enjoying the oiaj as well!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Grown Up Yogurt

24 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Haha, I literally JUST read Kath’s post and she had overnight oats in a jar this AM too. Great minds think alike!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Registration Day

25 Jenny November 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Grr, don’t you hate when you work on something and then it disappears into some computer wasteland? My mom is not super computer-saavy, but whenever she sees me working on a paper, she says, “Don’t forget to save.”
Jenny recently posted..Munchies Monday- Homemade Veggie Spring Rolls

26 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 16, 2010 at 1:15 pm

I have had that happen to me 2 or 3 times. Luckily, with a google search, I managed to find a way to recover it. It saves to some temp file somewhere.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..back to life with good surprises

27 Kacy November 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I hate losing work like that! So frustrating! Can’t wait to read it later on 🙂
Kacy recently posted..Well that’s good news

28 Caroline November 16, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I always love how dogs use their paws to hold onto things like yogurt cups or Kongs! 🙂

29 Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher November 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Hahaha. My cats like avocado!
Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher recently posted..ten

30 Katy November 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Try gargling with warm salt water… your throat will thank you!!

31 Natalie November 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I love letting my dog lick the nut butter jars…she gets SO excited!

32 jessica November 18, 2010 at 9:37 am

Hope you get feeling better! Take good care of yourself and I swear- zinc works wonders.
jessica recently posted..Unstuff My Turkey Too!