The Week Begins!

by Meghann on November 15, 2010

Happy Monday everyone!

Happy sleep in and go for extra long walk day, Maddie!

IMG_3582

She was thrilled, can’t you tell. 😉

Awww… Mondays – you are made only slightly more tolerable thanks to my ability to sleep in each Monday morning.

Another weekend has ended and another work week begins, but this week is going to be a good one. I have a couple of ‘friend dates’ planned as well as Harry Potter seven and my little brother’s 21st birthday. This week is going to be good!

It started off good too with an extra 30 minutes of sleep and a big bowl of cereal to get me going.

IMG_7114

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean < — apparently my twin bro wasn’t a fan of yesterday morning?
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Crunch
  • 1/4 cup Frog Hollow Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Pear
  • Vanilla Almond Butter

IMG_7115

IMG_7119

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

This is a little belated,  but Saturday was my parents’ 28th wedding anniversary.

They were just kids when they wed in 1982 (my mom barely 18 and my dad 19), but 28 years later they’re still going strong.

Sure they’re mushiness and lovey doviness can be a bit embarrassing sometimes, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

LOVE YOU MOM & DAD! Here’s to 28 more years of blissful marriage!! 🙂

Want to see what my Sister and I look like in our Mom’s wedding dress? Check this post out!

1 Eliza November 15, 2010 at 8:46 am

our moms had very similar wedding dresses – I hope to have hers altered for my wedding! so much pretty lace!
Eliza recently posted..thoughts on the big party

2 Madeline - Greens and Jeans November 15, 2010 at 8:48 am

Congratulations to your parents! My mom had a pretty similar dress and I already have big plans to alter it whenever I get married!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..mad world

3 Mimi November 15, 2010 at 8:53 am

The title of this post summarizes my feelings… This is going to be a long week, but I’ve got to begin somewhere!
Congrats to your parents! 28 years is a big deal.
Mimi recently posted..Twenty years

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday November 15, 2010 at 8:59 am

Cute pic of you girls in your mom’s dress.

My mom eloped so she never had a wedding dress for me to try on.
Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday recently posted..Ma’amool B’Jowz

5 Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 15, 2010 at 9:01 am

I was in a wedding Saturday for one of my best friends…let’s hope that the date treats them as well as it has your parents! 28 years is fantastic! Congrats to them!
Mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..sabbath

6 Christine November 15, 2010 at 9:03 am

I wonder how I’d look in my mothers wedding dress — I am at the height-weight-and AGE she was when she got married right now.

Fun!

Congrats to your parents (my celebrated their 30th last month!)

7 Amanda (Eating Up) November 15, 2010 at 9:06 am

Happy anniversary to your parents! My parents got married young too–they celebrated 31 years a few months back!
Amanda (Eating Up) recently posted..Chili and Cornbread

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 15, 2010 at 9:09 am

Aww Happy Anniversary to your mum and dad! I’m not sure how your bro can’t like Kashi Go Lean – oh well, more for you I guess! 😀
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..I’ve never been to heaven…

9 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 15, 2010 at 9:11 am

Those wedding dress pics are so funny! Oh how unfortunate the 80’s were for fashion! How wonderful that they are still together and happy 🙂
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Better with Bacon

10 Matt November 15, 2010 at 9:25 am

Congrats to your parents!
Matt recently posted..Running In Vibrams- Week 2 Recap

11 Alina (Duty Free Foodie) November 15, 2010 at 9:32 am

It’s adorable that your parents are still lovey dovey! They look so happy together 🙂
Alina (Duty Free Foodie) recently posted..Yoga Swing Dance Shawarma

12 Kelly November 15, 2010 at 9:37 am

Wow, 28 years. Congrats to your parents!
Kelly recently posted..One Week

13 sweetersalt November 15, 2010 at 9:38 am

Yay – I love successful marriage stories! Congrats!

Laura
sweetersalt recently posted..Friday’s Adorable Animal Round Up!

14 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 15, 2010 at 10:07 am

28 years, that is AWESOM!! I am pretty excited for Harry Potter 7 too! Looks like you have a great week up ahead of you!!
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Top 10

15 Tab- Just Weighing In November 15, 2010 at 10:29 am

aw man, the pics of your parent’s wedding are awesome! 🙂
Tab- Just Weighing In recently posted..Weekend Recap

16 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Wow 28 years, that’s incredible! Hope you have fun this week with everything you’ve got going on. Your pup is so cute 🙂

17 Jessica @ The Process of Healing November 15, 2010 at 10:57 am

That is CRAZY how much Kelly looks like your mom!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Not So Pretty

18 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 15, 2010 at 11:33 am

Wow, 28 years!! I hope to have a marriage that lasts as long one day!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Ran Over By A Truck

19 Marina November 15, 2010 at 11:42 am

Happy anniversary to your parents!
28 years…wow.

20 Biz November 15, 2010 at 11:42 am

My husband and I are extremely affectionate and I think our kids kind of gag a bit – bit I wouldn’t have it any other way!

Happy Anniversary to your folks! 😀
Biz recently posted..Pumpkin Scones with Spicy Glaze

21 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 15, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Congratulations to your parents! 28 years of marriage is brilliant! 😀
Haha looked at the photos of you an your sister in the wedding dress- funny! 😛
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Oh the breakfast dilemma!

22 Krystina November 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Happy Anniversary to them!
Krystina recently posted..Smoky Squash

23 Jessica@tastyandtrim November 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad! Your bowl of cereal looks delicious!!
Jessica@tastyandtrim recently posted..Short but Sweet

24 Dynamics November 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm

My daughter just saw HP7 and she said: “It was great! It’s officially no longer a kids movie though.”

Happy Anniversary to your mom and dad. They obviously are true soul mates!

25 Holly November 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Happy Monday indeed–it’s that “monday after a race” day for me (ran San Antonio Rock n Roll 1/2 yesterday)…trying to get my head in the game @ work, but just want to go over the details of the race and how to prep for my next one! 🙂
Happy Anniversary to your parents!

26 Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well November 15, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! I love hearing about people’s long lasting marriages. It’s wonderful. 🙂

I soooo need to re-read HP7 so I can go see the movie!
Anna @ Doing Good & Living Well recently posted..I get so emotional- baby

27 Erica D November 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm

That extra half hour makes such a difference! It feels silly, but so good.

Congrats on your parents! My mom had a similar wedding dress around that same time, sleeves and all 🙂
Erica D recently posted..Squash for the Win

28 Katie - Microwavin Maven November 15, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Just wanted to let you know that you have inspired me to start blogging! Any ideas or constructive criticism for my first post would be appreciated. I am nervous and excited to start! Thanks for the inspiration. Your blog is great and I will no longer stalk in silence!
Katie – Microwavin Maven recently posted..Damn you kettlebells!