A Picnic in the Park

by Meghann on November 13, 2010

Cake Wreck!!

it’s suppose to be eSchool not eshool, but I guess that only makes sense if you knew that to begin with. πŸ™‚

(Side note: I’m obsessed with the Cake Wrecks blog and stared at this cake for 2 minutes knowing there was a cake wreck in there somewhere. #IHaveProblemsAndIKnowIt <— also Twitter hashtags are too awesome to only be used on twitter. πŸ˜‰ )

This afternoon Derek and I attended my company’s first annual company picnic. We’re a small company of around 60 or so employees and there’s been a big movement lately towards increasing company morale (hence the mini golf tournament. πŸ˜‰ )

The picnic took place at BEAUTIFUL Cypress Park near downtown Orlando. I had never been before and was impressed how big and clean the park was. We saw several families around the park taking family portraits and I could see why. Beautiful green fields, beautiful blue sky, and beautiful Florida temps. It was a perfect day to be at the park.

Can you spot me?

Here I am!!

The picnic was definitely a family affair!

We had babies

We had bouncy houses.

IMG_6880.JPG IMG_6915.JPG

We had football

IMG_6923.JPG IMG_6925.JPG IMG_6932.JPG IMG_6937.JPG

And we had egg toss!

IMG_6964.jpg

Egg toss fail πŸ™

Double fail.

IMG_6982.jpg

The food spread was quite impressive. Lots of homemade dishes mixed in with chips, cookies, and other fun goodies.

My addition. (Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad) πŸ˜‰

IMG_6861.JPG IMG_6909.JPG

Burgers and Hot Dogs were being fired up on the grill.

My co-worker Rob (who always surprises me with amazing vegan baked goods) was great and brought veggie burgers for everyone who preferred the veggie base over the meat. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness (and so did a few of my non-meat eater co-workers).

I made a plate with a bite of everything.

And had a mini plate for dessert.

Loved the upside down pineapple cake!!

I also snacked on chips, salsa, and veggies while mingling with co-workers and chugged unsweet iced tea like it was my job.

When it was time to say good bye we all had to draw a door prize from the goodie bin.

I walked away with a $25 Publix Gift Card. Sweet!!

Also up for grabs was a couple of iPods, a netbook, and a vacation!!!

It was fun to get away and hang out with all my co-workers in such a relaxed, beautiful setting. I hope this tradition carries on for years to come. πŸ™‚

My twin bro just got in town and we’re heading to dinner. I see PIZZA in my future!! πŸ˜‰

1 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat November 13, 2010 at 5:37 pm

What an awesome company picnic! It seems like your workplace is really good about getting people together. I hope that when I find a sit-behind-your-desk-and-work job that it will have an awesome environment like yours!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Rough Week

2 ainsley November 13, 2010 at 5:41 pm

You know there shouldn’t be an apostrophe in employees, right? There’s your real Cake Wreck!

3 Meghann November 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Ha! You’re right! This cake had Cake Wreck written all over it!

4 ainsley November 13, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Such a pretty cake though πŸ™‚

5 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Yeah, your company seems really great- nice and friendly! Looks like a fun day, and lots of yummy food! I’m a sucker for upside-down pineapple cake! πŸ˜€ And what a great gift! Although you probably would’ve preferred the vacation I’m guessing! πŸ˜›
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Oh the breakfast dilemma!

6 alison November 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Ha! I LOVE Cake Wrecks, too. Not only did they mess up eschool, but the decorator added a phantom apostrophe to employees. Oopsie!
It looks like a beautiful day for a picnic. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
alison recently posted..She Who Hesitates

7 Tracy November 13, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Just checked out the Cake Wreck blog….hilarious!

8 Carolyn @ lovinlosing November 13, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Definitely Cake Wrecks worthy, between the mis-spelling and the random apostrophe it could totally be featured . Or maybe on this site: http://www.apostrophecatastrophes.com/
Carolyn @ lovinlosing recently posted..Foodbuzz Gala Dinner

9 stan November 13, 2010 at 6:18 pm

scandalous dress!

10 Laura @ Backstage Pass November 13, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Bahaha – I love the Cake Wrecks blog, too. You’re right that this cake is a total wreck πŸ™‚ Looks tasty, though.
Cute dress!
Laura @ Backstage Pass recently posted..On the road- again

11 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep November 13, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Hahaha! I was thinking of that random apostrophe too. Have fun with your brother!
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..My Glorious 29th Birthday Weekend

12 Katie November 13, 2010 at 7:08 pm

omg what a beautiful day! I wish it was sunny here!

U and Derek make the best looking couple ever!
Katie recently posted..Suprise Nights are the Best

13 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] November 13, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Adorable dress!

… and I didn’t know you were a twin!!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..That’s a Wrap

14 Mara @ What's For Dinner? November 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Great, now I want cake and iced tea.
CakeWrecks is HILARIOUS!!! My favorites are the ones with the weird characters, like the babies on carrots?! WTF are those?! Have a great weekend! It’s obviously warmer there than it was here…
Mara @ What’s For Dinner? recently posted..Cute Food Saturday!

15 Matt November 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm

What an awesome picnic! I wish I was there πŸ˜‰
Matt recently posted..Cross Training For Idiots

16 Alicia at Poise in Parma November 13, 2010 at 7:36 pm

It’s great to see a company showing their appreciation for their employees. I seriously thought that “eSchool” said a certain curse word starting with an “a”… which would only make that cake HILARIOUS. Cake Wrecks is a great website when you are looking to kill some time.
Alicia at Poise in Parma recently posted..Pick Me To Be the PlayhouseSquare Jump Back Ball Blogger!

17 Elizabeth November 13, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Your company picnic looks like a lot of fun. We never really do anything at my office on the weekends because everyone seems to be wrapped up in their own things. I wish we did though. We do have holiday partys, but they’re lunch parties during work hours.

18 Tyly November 13, 2010 at 10:06 pm

A real life Cake Wreck! Not only is the eshool part wrong, but there also shouldn’t be an apostrophe in the word ’employees’. I think you should submit it!! πŸ™‚

Your employee picnic looked like a blast! It seemed to be a beautiful day, and you and Derek were the best looking couple there. I love that they do things like picnics and mini golf. What a great thing! And who wouldn’t want to score a $25 gift card?! Sounds like a great day. πŸ™‚

19 Lish November 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm

I’m obsessed with the Cake Wreck blog! Confession: it’s pretty much a personal life goal of mine to find a cake wreck to submit. Another confession: I usually visit the bakery section of the grocery store for this sole purpose and always leave disappointed.

I did have a Cake Wreck that could have been submitted when I graduated from college but I didn’t keep the cake or know about the blog then. Such a waste! The bakery’s translation of a graduation cake with blue & gold stars was to draw giant star balloons… in various colors. It was a disaster & I was super bummed, but we bought a choco-peanut butter cake off the shelf and it was the BEST cake I’ve ever had.

20 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life November 13, 2010 at 11:25 pm

It looks like ya’ll had an awesome picnic!

And your dress is super cute!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Pancakes For Breakfast

21 heather November 13, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I’ve actually a photo that I submitted to CakeWrecks appear on the site. http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/12/yuletide-is-coming-in.html. It’s the top photo with the tanks. I still have no idea what was going on with it.

22 movesnmunchies November 14, 2010 at 2:51 am

what a neat idea! so nice to get some employees together for some quality bonding!
movesnmunchies recently posted..Banana Oats and Healthy Baking!

23 Sarah @ EatRunGarden November 14, 2010 at 8:24 am

I just wasted like 10 minutes looking at cake wrecks, I didn’t even know that existed until now. I say you should summit that cake for the very least the apostrophe in employees.
Sarah @ EatRunGarden recently posted..I miss the sun

24 Jenny November 14, 2010 at 9:28 am

Also, they wrote “employee’s” and not “employees.” Random apostrophe mark=super cake wreck! I LOVE the cake wrecks blog, haha πŸ™‚
Jenny recently posted..Frugal Friday- Frozen Foods

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 14, 2010 at 9:29 am

I think that you got the best gift in the drawing!!! Publix all the way! πŸ™‚

Looks like it was a fun day! πŸ™‚
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Wal-Mart Headache

26 Halley (Blunder Construction) November 14, 2010 at 10:26 am

Ha! I did a double take when I clicked on this post… I thought I accidentally clicked Cake Wrecks! You should submit that pic to their site! Also, employees doesn’t have an apostrophe! That looks like a really fun work gathering, jealous!
Halley (Blunder Construction) recently posted..Better with Bacon

27 Marika November 15, 2010 at 3:22 am

I know a bunch of people have already pointed it out, but the misplaced apostrophe definitely makes this a double wreck! Grammar fails like that hurt my eyes. I love Cake Wrecks too, but I can’t look at it at work because when I have to stifle laughter I sound like I’m either crying or choking :-).
Marika recently posted..The weekend of pumpkin